Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Halo Kitty

Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 03:28 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 10:28 PM #176 of 748
Yes, but somehow the games have completely ignored that piece of information....
However, the Cassandra letter in the Collectors edition of Halo 2 is the closest thing the games have ever been other Spartans. I'd really love even the slightest mention of Fred and such in Halo 3. (They still have to explain just what happened to Kelly and Dr. Halsey. And what Ackerson was up to with his coordinates and the CPMDZ note....)

How ya doing, buddy?

SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 04:08 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 06:08 PM #177 of 748
Originally Posted by Devo
There are a couple left you know, Spartans that is.
Exactly, the fact that Master Chief is the last, or one of the last of it's kind, a Soldier capable of withstanding a direct attack from Convenants makes it interesting since they aren't indestructible. This is the best Earth has to offer. And judged by Halo 3's story, the human race is close to being wiped out.

And they didn't focus on it because Master Chief and the rest of the military don't know that there is still one Spartan left, Linda who escaped, wounded, with Dr. Catherine.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:05 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 01:05 AM #178 of 748
Originally Posted by Kilroy
Yes, but somehow the games have completely ignored that piece of information....
However, the Cassandra letter in the Collectors edition of Halo 2 is the closest thing the games have ever been other Spartans. I'd really love even the slightest mention of Fred and such in Halo 3. (They still have to explain just what happened to Kelly and Dr. Halsey. And what Ackerson was up to with his coordinates and the CPMDZ note....)
what is the cassandra letter? I got the CE but i didnt get any letter...

no homo
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:54 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 05:54 PM #179 of 748
Originally Posted by SketchTheArtist
Oh well, it's the cheap kind, Dr. Pop-Chow.
Is that the name of a farm that raises them or one of that pre-made crap? I like my puppies fresh, so I can look 'em in the eye before I push them down the shredder.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:49 PM #180 of 748
It atleast looks like they might bring the assault rifle back.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 01:08 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 10:08 PM #181 of 748
I think they need to bring back fall damage, I hate when people jump at you from 200 feet above you in halo 2

I was speaking idiomatically.
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 01:50 AM #182 of 748
As crazy as this sounds, I don't think you were ever supposed to take falling damage in Halo. There's a bit in Marathon where you're told that you are the only one who can survive a fall from a huge distance since you're a Mjolner cyborg. Bungie probably realized that, especially since they were gonna have Chief dropping to Earth in the old E3 trailer.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 02:09 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 09:09 AM #183 of 748
Originally Posted by Zip
what is the cassandra letter? I got the CE but i didnt get any letter...
Quote:
>>> M25L RECOVERY STATION/CENSORED/CLEARED >>>

As you might imagine - though I know you won't - I've heard quite a bit of your recent adventures on the Halo. I'm glad you made it; I have to assume you always will. Recovery is going well and I am proceeding on to fourth stage rehabilitation. It is significantly more painful than previous stages, but I'm happy to be skinned once again.

I hear that you will be testing the new Mark VI. I will definitely look for the reports on how it works out. The specs are obviously improved, but the choice to incorporate further Covenant technology somehow makes my skin crawl.

We miss you, John. I've asked Sargeant Johnson to let me know if you're ever near the M25L Recovery Station and perhaps I'll be able to come see you. I'm hoping I'll have the chance soon. Today, humanity feels pale and thin with only ghosts to defend her heart. I feel much the same.

I'll write again.

-Cassandra
Chips

FELIPE NO

Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 02:38 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 01:38 AM #184 of 748
Originally Posted by Magic
As crazy as this sounds, I don't think you were ever supposed to take falling damage in Halo. There's a bit in Marathon where you're told that you are the only one who can survive a fall from a huge distance since you're a Mjolner cyborg. Bungie probably realized that, especially since they were gonna have Chief dropping to Earth in the old E3 trailer.
Actually, back around the time Halo 2 got leaked and we were all pissed about how shitty it was, the lack of fall damage came up on our list of surprises and Bungie later addressed it in one of their weekly whocaresdates with something along the lines of "Yeah, we were just beta testing some levels with the fall damage off and it seemed like the game played pretty well without it so we decided to keep it that way." And of course also later mentioned something involving the homosexuality of the plasma sword and how fall damage made using the plasma sword hurt you.

It's just wishful thinking to actually suggest Bungie would consider actual Halo canon relevant in the game-making process. TheRealBungie has since dissipated.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 11:06 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 09:06 PM #185 of 748
Originally Posted by Zeal
alright, i'm back.

um no, the books themselves are just as much canon as the games, as stated by bungie. they are the official backstory and events leading up to halo 2, and the next novel, ghosts of coral, will be between halo 2-3. completely official and totally canon.

as a matter of fact, the movie is based on FALL OF REACH.

i like how e3 was gay as all shit.

and lipid, please take your resentfull, halo hating ass back to the nintendo forum. i know you're a bit upset that microsoft completely fucking OWNED everyone with that trailer, but there's no need make your opinions known where they aren't cared for. i recommend trying 4.chan.

god. decimation in full effect.

it felt good as hell to be around a bunch of normal people at the microsoft press conference. everyone was simply discussing halo and having a good time. my kinda place.

i have some material that i might be able to share in the coming weeks.

HALO 3 MOTHERFUCKERS

1.When and where these Noels ar ebeing released,any torrents??

2.John will die...is it official?

BTW thanks Sketch that was nice summary, i wish i could get my hands on novels.

Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 11:21 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 06:21 PM #186 of 748
Sex ninja, have you tried Amazon.co.uk? According to your flag, that'd be your best bet getting them. Not that expensive either.

Anyway, I've thought about something. Everytime the earth has been described in that trailer, it's called "war torn and ravaged". That's not how the Covenant normally would fight, is it? They could just do what they did to Reach: Glass it and only spare the area they need to examine.
My conclussion? Look at the background in the trailer. Doesn't that look like the New Bombasian bridge? I think Chief's back in Africa, and while the future of the Earth definatly doesn't look bright, we're not that doomed...

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 11:36 AM #187 of 748
I know it's really hard to see, but that giant ring at the end of the trailer might have something to do with it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Megalith; May 12, 2006 at 11:39 AM.
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 05:13 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 03:13 AM #188 of 748
Atleast you can tell that whether i can expect the same graphics in real game,and enjoy the scenery presented in trailer from firstperson view.

How ya doing, buddy?
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 06:08 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 12:08 AM #189 of 748
I think they already announced that the trailer was ingame and not a video render like all the PS3 shots.

Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 07:34 PM #190 of 748
Having the Master Chief die and be reincarnated as the Marathon Marine is probably one of the stupidest directions the story could possibly take. The timelines don't line up at all. Halo takes place in the year 2552. Marathon takes place in the year 2794 --- 322 years after the colony ship Marathon is launched from Earth with the marine on board.

Two different story arcs. Two different universes. Parallel themes. Attempting to directly connect the two is foolish at best. Shit, why not throw Myth and Myth II in there as well. Shall we have Soulblighter make a cameo at the end of Halo 3?

Most amazing jew boots
silvervalkyrie
This is Love

Member 3464

Level 11.98

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 11:50 PM #191 of 748
Originally Posted by ElectricSheep
Having the Master Chief die and be reincarnated as the Marathon Marine is probably one of the stupidest directions the story could possibly take. The timelines don't line up at all. Halo takes place in the year 2552. Marathon takes place in the year 2794 --- 322 years after the colony ship Marathon is launched from Earth with the marine on board.

Two different story arcs. Two different universes. Parallel themes. Attempting to directly connect the two is foolish at best. Shit, why not throw Myth and Myth II in there as well. Shall we have Soulblighter make a cameo at the end of Halo 3?
But what if the Marathon soldier isn't John? What if it's another Spartan and whose to say that Dr. halsey didn't have some backup plan for Humanity. Remember...she's unaccounted for WITH a Spartan II.

Also, the timelines in both games could be wrong...has anyone actually sat down to figure out if Marathon's timeline measures the passage of time the way Halo's does (ie. they may start counting from different points in time)?

Hell if I know. But I can't wait to finish Halo 3.

How ya doing, buddy?
Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 03:52 PM #192 of 748
My point is that the Marathon was launched in 2472. The Marathon Marine was on board at the time of the launch, in stasis (along with the others). Halo takes place in 2552. Trying to force John 117 into the Marathon Marine would take sheer absurdity.

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 06:02 PM #193 of 748
After watching the vid for Halo3... I have to admit that I'm in awe. The resolution on that vid is insane.

Just watching it actually wants me to get a 360.

So they're making a 4th book? Any set release date??

Magic> and if you remember right from reading the 1st book... when they fell onto reach from their dropship, at least 4 of the spartans died from the fall... So the suit didn't make them immune to drops.

Last edited by Furby; May 13, 2006 at 06:16 PM.
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 11:11 PM #194 of 748
I didn't read the whole Marathon thing...where does this come from... I read all 3 books but I have taken an interest in the whole Marathon thing.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 02:58 PM #195 of 748
Originally Posted by Furby
I didn't read the whole Marathon thing...where does this come from... I read all 3 books but I have taken an interest in the whole Marathon thing.
Marathon's Story

The story is told through the interaction with terminals, so to get a sense of how things are revealed as one plays the game, follow the terminal text links in the left-hand sidebar and read them in order.

Most amazing jew boots
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 03:09 PM #196 of 748
Originally Posted by BigHairyFeet
Also, note to mods: Please, please, PLEASE don't take Zeal away from Microsoft Window, he seems to be a valuable source of information!
Sorry, we can't hear you. You'll have to remove that cock from your mouth first.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 04:16 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 10:16 PM #197 of 748
Originally Posted by GALM-2
Sorry, we can't hear you. You'll have to remove that cock from your mouth first.
Yes, shame he typed the message.

I just saw the E3 trailer, and if it was a cutscene in realtime, that was mighty impressive. I really should finish the first one but I just haven't had time with work lately. (I have the PC version )

I'm not much of a fan, but what are the books like, any good?

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; May 14, 2006 at 04:33 PM.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 05:09 PM #198 of 748
Originally Posted by El Ray Fernando
Yes, shame he typed the message.
It was figurative, you dumb faggot.

Are you seriously this retarded in real life.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 05:25 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 11:25 PM #199 of 748
Any excuse to use the words 'faggot' and 'cock' eh?? Instead of telling him to take it out of his mouth why don't you take it out your ass first.

Has anybody seen a rip floating about of the music/background to the trailer?

I don't have LIVE (well at least not yet), have they released any other Halo 3 related content besides the trailer? (Such as music snipets, wallpaper etc..).

And seeing as I missed the E3 conference did they release any additional details such as multiplayer modes?

FELIPE NO

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; May 14, 2006 at 05:28 PM.
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 08:42 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 02:42 AM #200 of 748
Originally Posted by El Ray Fernando
Has anybody seen a rip floating about of the music/background to the trailer?
At bungies site they mentioned something about releasing it in mp3 once, and I'm not sure what you mean about background but you may want to check this.

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...creenshots.zip

6400x3600 screenshots.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Halo Kitty