Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: I prefer
OST 10 45.45%
OSV 2 9.09%
no preference 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

OST or OSV?

Taisai
Amorph

Member 8563

Level 16.22

Jun 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 09:58 AM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 12:28 AM #1 of 15
Indeed, almost all Play Station portings from SNES as far as I know have lesser sound ( CT, FFV, FFVI, Tales of Phantasia, Tactics Ogre and anymore?). FFVI for PS1 would be the exception, but I guess it was streamed. PS1 has 8 times more memory space, 3 times more channels and higher sampling rate than SNES, but it never means PS1 can sequence SNES music better.

Strictly speaking, CT and other games's music for PS1 were not emulated but sequenced by PS1 synth. If PS1 could emulate or stream SNES music, we would have heard the very same music as SNES. However, PS1 didn't have enough power to even render 2D visuals with fast reading time. So, they couldn't read individual instrumental data from CD-ROM, While SNES could read them from their ROM cartridge immediately.

Well, but, I'm not a game developer. Don't believe me.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > OST or OSV?