Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] E3 Expectations and Reactions Thread

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:34 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2009, 11:34 PM #1 of 195
Ambiguous? The group he's deriding is very specific.

"People who like Final Fantasy, but didn't like FFX-2".

And I feel comfortable in joining him in dismissing that group of people as a bunch of total shitbags, for various reasons.
Well I...

;_;

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:29 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2009, 12:29 AM #2 of 195
Also overlooked: Fuck yeah Revan in The Old Republic.
Are you referring to the sith lord in the trailer? It's 300 years after the Old Republic games, so I don't think it's Revan.

Supposedly the canon has Revan as light side, too, so.

Most amazing jew boots
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2009, 02:32 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2009, 02:32 AM #3 of 195
I'm 90% positive its him.
Well, I mean, if "Revan never returned from unknown space," I'd say that kinda wraps it up.

I think they have more to tell in the Revan plotline, so I don't think they'd give away the ending, in a sense, by having him as such an influential dark side character.

@BZ: theoretically, yes, dark side characters can use techniques to extend their life, but 300 years would seem to be stretching it. From an in-universe viewpoint, it would allow the Siths to effectively win the war, because they could simply wait until the light side masters died off or became too decrepit to defend themselves.

Yoda's race just happened to be one that lives ~1000 years.

Additional Spam:
The more I think about it, the more I'm warming up to FFXIV being an MMO. I enjoyed FFXI for a while. Was it flawed? Absolutely. But it wasn't a fun game. I had a lot more fun with it than I did with WoW.

So long as they make some innovations and actually fix the mistakes they made with FFXI, this second coming of the Square MMO could be the one that is successful, for them and for the players.
I really tried to like FFXI, and the thing that appealed to me the most in watching a couple of my friends play was that it necessitated team play, and moreover, each class was distinct, and brought something to the table that no other class really could. I couldn't play it because of the slow speed and donkey shit interface, though. I wasn't about to spend my trial month just trying to figure out how to get from the vendor and back to the field.

If they can clean it up significantly, and make it more appealing to new players, I'll certainly check it out.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Skexis; Jun 3, 2009 at 02:38 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] E3 Expectations and Reactions Thread