Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"Well, That Ruined It" Experiences in Anime

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 05:16 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 05:16 PM #1 of 99
"Well, That Ruined It" Experiences in Anime

I recently watched Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

Read if you've seen it all:
Fourteen episode series. Thirteen of those were perfect. Then the final episode hit.

The love triangle went the COMPLETE opposite direction from how I wanted. Mizuki looked worse and worse as a person. And I felt more and more sorry for Haruka.

But, in the end, Haruka tells Narumi that she doesn't love him anymore. It looked like the anime was building toward him leaving Mizuki, who almost forced the relationship onto him.

But noooooooooooooooooooooooo. He ends up going back to Mizuki. After she slept around on him, told him to not visit Haruka in the hospital, etc.

This completely ruined my opinion of the anime.

The first thirteen episodes were perfect then the last one completely ruined it. Entirely ruined the whole damn thing. I don't see myself ever picking up this anime again. It's hard to describe. Makes me wish I didn't even get a direct ending to it.

Ever have this problem with an anime? Something in the ending completely ruined and derailed the experience. Or made you rather angry/upset. The ending to Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien left me in a very, veeeery sour mood, to put it lightly. It has probably the best soundtrack I've ever heard, no contest. But I won't touch it again. At least not for a very, very long time.

Use spoilers tags, prease =I Lemme know if this is a dupe of another thread and I'll close it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:45 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 12:45 AM #2 of 99
There was a sequel series to Those Who Hunt Elves?

Huh. Odd o_O

More KGNE Spoilers:
Ugh. I just wish they had two alternate ending episodes or some crap =p 'Cuz that really ruined my mood for the rest of that day and a healthy amount of today. Sorry to brood on it, but the anime was just fantastic up until that point. I already talked a few interested friends out of seeing it as a result of the ending.

Shot themselves in the foot~

The Akane OAV would piss me off too, I take it? =O

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Gechmir; Apr 20, 2006 at 12:49 AM.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 01:07 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 01:07 AM #3 of 99
Well, Eva got picked up on sheer hype alone. I put RahXephon above it, sense it has a... Uhm... Understandable ending. Given, a supplement from the movie is kinda required for a nicer grasp.

Eva should never have been on CN. The voice acting, for starters, is Anime Voice Acting 1.1 or so. Not as old as voice acting in anime gets, but it isn't of these newer series, where there are great actors. Hell, ADV used the exact same voice actors for ALL their anime. Got kinda old to hear the same voices and the same poor actors repeatedly.

Eva snagged my attention when it was first being brought over on video. I remember watching a Blueseed VHS thingie and I saw a trailer. The opening song was fan-fuckin'-tastic. It is the first anime OST I've ever bought.

Eva spoilers:
The anime had promise. Very in-depth. Very technical. But it went way out in left field. In RX, the main character struggles with his job of piloting RahXephon, but he comes to accept it. In Eva, Shinji is WAY too busy being all emo to give a damn. Then there are all the ridiculous things they throw out in the end, showing how incredibly evil all the adults are. It isn't "deep". It isn't "artistic". It is crap anime and overhyped.

If it followed an actual combat mecha plot and had an ultimate enemy they finally eliminated with less bizarre character development, it could've been worthy of its hype/praises.

Most amazing jew boots

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 08:24 AM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 08:24 AM #4 of 99
Originally Posted by TheFrenchLlama
That show, by far, had one of the worst endings I've ever seen. The show was entertaining until that piece of garbage aired. >_<
I remember the last few lines... It was something along the lines of "There are lots of unanswered questions, we know. BUT THAT'S OKAY :'D"

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2007, 12:22 AM Local time: Sep 18, 2007, 12:22 AM #5 of 99
Wonderful job of bumping all the dust off this long-dead thread, game_dragon1. If you want to continue, at least use spoiler-tags if you're going to give out direct facts about endings.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > "Well, That Ruined It" Experiences in Anime