Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] E3 Expectations and Reactions Thread

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2009, 10:59 AM Local time: May 31, 2009, 09:59 AM #1 of 195
E3 Expectations and Reactions Thread

Like, for reals, where's the E3 thread?

Anyways, use this thread to post your expectations and predictions for E3 announcements and press releases, and feel free to discuss/react to said press releases here too.

My biggest concern this year is going to be Nintendo's conference. Last year was unforgivable, but right now i think they have a chance to redeem themselves. Depending on what happens here, we could see the end of Nintendo as a serious gaming company, and it's official re-branding as a casual games producer.

That said, i know we have Zelda Spirit Tracks to look forwards to, as well as rumors of a new Mario game for the Wii. Iwata also said last year that development teams were hard at work on "Zelda and Mario titles for the Wii". I wonder if this means we'll see Spirit Tracks released alongside screen shots and demos of a Wii Zelda game, but we all know we're going to have to wait until 2011 before it's actually released.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2009, 02:01 PM Local time: May 31, 2009, 01:01 PM #2 of 195
Onimusha is being tossed around as the most likely candidate. I also agree with that assessment.
I will agree with that as well, but it seems to me that Viewtiful Joe fits those criteria.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:29 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2009, 11:29 AM #3 of 195
A while ago (like on friday) IGN said they have it on very good authority that Retro studios was working on a Zelda game, but made it clear that this project had been canned.

Now, didn't Retro say on twitter or some thing similar that "we will be pleasantly surprised."

Only logic dictates that if Retro would have something ready for today, it would be a Zelda title.

So what the fuck happened retro? What were you going to surprise us with? Where's my Zelda title?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:38 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2009, 11:38 AM #4 of 195
ok, thanks for clearing that up

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2009, 04:05 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2009, 03:05 PM #5 of 195
and a remake of Golden Sun
What makes you think it's a remake? I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Golden Sun III

Most amazing jew boots
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2009, 04:53 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2009, 03:53 PM #6 of 195
Basically, I liked what Nintendo had to offer. the only thing wrong with it was no Wii zelda. If they had given us that with everything else i would have forgiven them completely. As it stands, they're getting there.

Microsoft didn't wow me. It was forgettable, and i really don't recall anything was particularly excited about.

Sony convinced me to buy a PS3, but it'll be a while before i have that kind of money. They did enrage me though, just the way the kept on talking about themselves, and how they're offering us the future. I was stoked for FF XIV, but as soon as i found out it was an MMO, i lost interest. I really wish they'd drop that shit, and get to fucking work on Kingdom Hearts III. Loved Last Guardian btw. Want to see more of it sooooo bad

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] E3 Expectations and Reactions Thread