Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Resume is an art, right? (Aw, fuck it, no content in here anyway).

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2014, 07:39 PM Local time: Jan 10, 2014, 01:39 AM #1 of 15
I'm an HR Manager these days so I see a lot of CVs...

First thing I would say is that I'm surprised you've no single personal statement at the top. It depends what role it is you're going for obviously but you have to remember your resume needs to stand out from all the others received from the job. Even if it's an academic job where you might think qualifications were the most important thing, you would assume that anyone applying for an academic job will have relevant qualifications, what separates you is your personality. If you imagine someone opening a bunch of resumes in a short period, if they all start with a factual list, that person is going to glaze over really quick. People need to know about you as a person and there's nothing currently on here that tells me about you.

Two pages is fine. If I get a one page CV I assume that person has done fuck all and is boring. The opener should be a personal statement about the kind of work you're looking for and why you'd be amazing at it. Write a couple of paragraphs outlining why you're after the job and don't tell people you're proficient in things, never say that. Tell them you're amazing at it. I'm proficient at MS Office, my resume says I'm an exceptional Excel user and highly skilled at the whole MSOffice suite. Big yourself up more, lists are boring and make you come across as boring.

Years back I had a CV like this and gave it to a friend of a friend who wrote them professionally and he chucked out all the lists of qualifications, added an over the top description of my skills and I've never not got to interview stage of a job I applied for since. I've uploaded the last cv I used four years ago when I got my current job, it's a shade different to yours...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 11, 2014, 08:12 AM Local time: Jan 11, 2014, 02:12 PM #2 of 15
Fair enough, the most important thing really is that you tailor your cv to the position you're applying for. And you massively big yourself up, that's really important too.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > Resume is an art, right? (Aw, fuck it, no content in here anyway).