Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What are you reading?

heofian
Carob Nut

Member 40643

Level 4.22

Sep 2013

Old Oct 31, 2014, 01:20 AM #1 of 46
Wink Light Novels

I've been on a bit of a Japanese light novel binge recently; they are basically short novels you can read in about 4-6 hours with several manga-like images interspersed throughout the novel. A lot of anime these days are adapted from them.

I just finished reading all 12 of the Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai novels. I enjoyed them right until the last novel which sort of made me regret spending all the time reading the previous novels.

I am also eagerly waiting for someone to finish translating volume 23 of Maria-sama ga Miteru after tremendously enjoying the story so far; nothing is more enjoyable than all girls school shoujo ai goodness. It is sort of annoying though because volumes 23-26 are untranslated then 27-33 are translated. I am seriously contemplating skipping to the translated ones seeing as how long it is taking for 23 to get done.

I've been trying to get back into Zero no Tsukaima (on volume 4) and I sort of stalled on Log horizon after 2 volumes. I am also stalled on Toradora! on Volume 8; I have really liked that one so far but for some reason I am finding it difficult to finish the last few volumes.

I also have been using a text to speech software to convert the Toaru Majutsu no Index novels into makeshift audiobooks which I have been listening to as I go running. I think I have been listening to them for almost a year now and am currently near the end of volume 18.

I also have been enjoying two non-Japanese light novels The Legend of Sun Knight and The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. Moonlight Sculptor was the novel I use to make audiobooks out of (to listening to when running) before I changed to Toaru. I think I caught up to where the translators were on it and sort of forgot about it for a while there. It is one of my favorites as well as Sun Knight and I am hoping to resume reading both of those one of these days.

There are several others that I have read one volume or several chapters of, but those are the main ones I have been reading recently. If any of you still reading this post enjoy anime I recommend you google baka tsuki and check out some of the light novels that are being translated there. If you have a kindle or other electronic reader search for baka tsuki epub generator and check out the first site that pops up. They create epubs for most of the series being translated on Baka-Tsuki.

As for "serious" novels I have The Complete Conan Saga by Robert E. Howard sitting on my kindle but I haven't been able to motivate myself to start it. Maybe when I run out of light novels I will pick that up and several other fantasy novels I have sitting on my kindle as well.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
<< Have a translated libretto from one of your opera box sets? If so please share it here! >>

Last edited by heofian; Oct 31, 2014 at 01:24 AM.

Tags
vonnegutforce

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > What are you reading?