Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85243 35212

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).


Nightwish
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo


Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 04:23 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 09:23 PM #1 of 20
Nightwish

Well i'm bored and I thought with the new release of their DVD "End of an Era" coming up it'd be appropriate to start a thread. So Tarja Turunen got the boot and rumour has it that there are talk of there being 2 singers for the band - one operatic and one clean vocals.

The new DVD features the band playing their last show with Tarja in their home land Finland, at Helsinki's Hartwall Arena. On a special preview of the DVD there are 2 images of Tuomas with 2 lovely ladies, new singers anyone?





Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo


Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:20 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 11:20 AM #2 of 20
The girl with the curly hair is Sarah Rusanen, the opera singer of the 2 and the other girl looks to be Lady Angellyca from Forever Slave. I think they'll probably choose one of them in the end, and i'm sure Marco will still be doing Male vocals on the new stuff. I hope they choose the opera singer, I can't imagine just clean vocals singing the old stuff live =/.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo


Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 01:16 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 06:16 PM #3 of 20
Originally Posted by Xanadu
I hope they go for the non-operatic woman. I'd love to hear a different take on the Nightwish sound.

Tuomas slightly reminds me of Johnny Depp in POTC in that second picture.



[EDIT: Just checking out the NW nightmail, apparently Jukka's thinking along the same lines as me...

"Sufletel Rada (Romania): How would you like the new singer of Nightwish to be?

Jukka: It would be great to find a singer who has natural sounding voice but who still would be able to nail all the high notes. By natural sounding voice I mean that in her voice there wouldn't be a recognizeable mark of a classical training. This is quite a challenge but you can always hope."

http://nightwish.com/en/fans/nightma...h=04&year=2006 ]
It would be great for them to pick someone with a natural sounding voice, if she was good enough. If these rumours are right that the singer from Forever Slave will be taking the slot then I worry that she wont be able to hit those high notes. But, if they find someone with vocals that go well with the music, and sound good against the older songs, then it'll be interesting to see how that goes. I'd hate to hear someone kill the old stuff with vocals that can't do it justice.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo


Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:55 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 09:55 PM #4 of 20
Originally Posted by Xanadu

Yeah... yeah, I hear that, that's always a huge hazard with changing vocalists. Hopefully though they'll find someone who's perfect for the job.

Don't know a thing about Forever Slave, btw. Any good?
I've not heard much either, just a few clips from their websites. They don't strike me as amazing though, the music or her vocals.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo


Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 06:08 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 11:08 PM #5 of 20
Originally Posted by Majin yami
I liked Phantom of the Opera. That was fucking superb!
You should hear the live version =o. I remember seeing them play it live and Tarja just belted out this high note it was amazing.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Reply


Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Nightwish

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.