Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"Well, That Ruined It" Experiences in Anime

Logan
The Universe's Most Wanted

Member 10849

Level 4.85

Aug 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 02:45 AM #1 of 99
Oh do I have many to mention...

1) Mahoromatic

Spoiler:
Come on. Mahoro dies pointlessly, then suddenly comes back after 30 years or so. It's as if the writers tried to turn this romantic comedy into an action tragedy. Too bad it failed horribly in the end.

2) Evangelion

Spoiler:
Its funny how a light-hearted action mech show can somehow plummet into an emo-filled tragedy where everyone dies to an army of Rei clones that melt you by touching you. And do I need to point out the sheer stupidity of "Bigger than earth itself goddess Rei?" And of course Shinji and the loudmouth are the only ones to survive, only to show Shinji strangling her. More nonsense and confusion, and the anime is over. I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that this ending was rubbish. I heard the only reason the alternate ending was made was because fans sent death threats to the creator.

3) Tenchi In Tokyo

Spoiler:
I love tenchi. A lot. One of my favorite series, but the tokyo storyline was TERRIBLE!!! Not only did the entire anime focus on Tenchi and Sakuya, but the animation itself was far too cartoonish for tenchi. Anyone else here really HATE sakuya? I sure did. And also the writers found it smart to make Tenchi a complete asshole. Here we have the kind-hearted Tenchi completely blowing off everyone he knows and cares about all because of Sakuya.

When everyone left, he didn't care! He said "oh well, I guess it was time for them to leave. OH I have another date with Sakuya lolz! Bye Ayeka!" And finally, after making Tenchi such a whiney jackass for the entire series, it looks like he gets back into badass mode when he pulls out that sword. And when he goes to fight the final battle, what does he do? he DROPS the sword, SLAPS the brat, then says "hey! come live with us! Yay! We'll all be happy happy happy!" Then the series ends. Yeah. Way to go.

4) Tenchi Muyo OVA3

Spoiler:
And here I thought "In Tokyo" was a disaster. OVA3 is a 6 episode long series that continues where the other OVAs left off. The only problem is the major change in...well...everything. First off, the music score is completely different, but worse. Second, they decided to have Tenchi's mother be named Kiyone rather than Achika, which we've all come to get used to already.

Then, we have a massive wave of GXP characters coming out of nowhere, overflowing the Tenchi cast list far too much. Then, we have the supposed villain Lady Tokimi actually a goddess...and a good guy. Then we have Z, who comes out of nowhere, and is apparently powerful enough to blow up a planet alone quite easilly. OH! And on that matter, there's 6 episodes. 5 episodes are character development.

The 6th episode is the final battle with Z, who never really got near tenchi before hand. ALSO, the episode starts right in the middle of the fight! When I first saw it, I thought I accidently skipped an episode! Nope! It actually starts that way. After plot holes and crappy characters galore, the episode reaches its end. And guess what, everyone's memories are erased of all those events. In short, there was absolutely no point in watching any of it in the end.

Funny how they ignored most of what made OVA1 and 2 great. Whatever happened to the King of Jurai? He threatened Tenchi at the end of OVA2 remember? Now, he no longer matters. AND WHERE THE FUCK IS KAGATO?! I refuse to believe he's dead! Bring him back already! >.<

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > "Well, That Ruined It" Experiences in Anime