Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time ~Hyrule Symphony~ [ZMCX-102]

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 07:22 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 07:22 PM #1 of 10
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time ~Hyrule Symphony~ [ZMCX-102]

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Hyrule Symphony
Catalogue Number ZMCX-102
Publisher Player's Planet, Media Factory
Composition Koji Kondo
Arrangement Ryuichi Katsumata
First Printing January 27, 1999
Price ¥3000

Download Source- Playing Time 42:45
01 Title 4:03
02 Kokiri Forest 2:10
03 Hyrule Field 3:47
04 Hyrule Castle 2:10
05 LonLon Ranch 3:26
06 Kakariko Village 3:06
07 Death Mountain 2:58
08 Zora's Domain 3:41
09 Gerudo Valley 4:33
10 Ganondorf 1:06
11 Zelda 3:05
12 Ocarina Medley 3:52
13 The Legend of Zelda Medley 4:48

Information Courtesy of GMR Online

Japanese Tracklist:

1. タイトル (Title)
2. コキリの森 (Kokiri no Mori)
3. ハイラル平原 (Hyrule Heigen)
4. ハイラル城 (Hyrule Shiro)
5. ロンロン牧場 (Lon Lon Makiba)
6. カカリコ村 (Kakariko Mura)
7. デスマウンテン(Death Mountain)
8. ゾーラの里 (Zora no Sato)
9. ゲルドの谷 (Gerudo no Tani)
10. ガノンドロフ (Ganondrof)
11. ゼルダ姫 (Zelda Hime)
12. オカリナ組曲 (Ocarina Kumiku)
13. ゼルダの伝説組曲:ゼルダの伝説~リンクの冒険~ゼルダの伝説 神々のトライフォース~ゼルダの伝説 夢をみる島 (Zelda no Densetsu Kumiku: Zelda no Densetsu ~Link no Bouken~ Zelda no Densetsu Kamigami no Triforce ~ Zelda no Densetsu Yume o Miru Shimi)

Zelda series has been one of the most famous franchise all the time. Ocarina of Time was one of the sole reason why people were longing to buy a N64 Console. Its music also exceptional, contrary to the lame sound driver of N64, LoZ OoT's music actually very beautiful. The original tunes composed by Koji Kondo, and the arrangement done by Ryuichi Katsumata, who also done arrangement for Leaf Piano Collection Volume I. He also responsible for composing anime music such as Arcade Gamer Fubuki, Edokko Boy: Gatten, Taro, , Space Oz no Bouken, Sprite: Between Two Worlds, and Very Private Lesson. *Source*

Koji Kondo has been the main composer of Legend of Zelda since the first installment in the original NES version. This album consists of string quartet arrangement of 11 tracks from OoT's OST plus 2 medleys. I would say this is one of my most favorite album all the time. Most of the musics are light-hearted, cheerful tune, and some are mellow ones. My least favorite track here is "Ganondorf" (track 10). That track is the only flaw of this album, imo. Contrary to the most of the tracks, "Ganondorf" feature arrangement to gloomy theme of Ganondorf, the main villain where Link had to deal with.

My favorite tracks? Hard to tell. I love all tracks (exclude Ganondrof), from the beautiful slow opening of track 01, spiritful performance of Kokiri Forest & Hyrule Field, the nuance of market shop in Hyrule Castle, or the melancholic song of Epona. I love all the tracks. The ocarina medley is beautiful as well. Hard to believe this track made from separated songs.

Aside from that, I think all of you must listen to this album. This album surely deserves attention from classical and VGM lover

5/5

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.

Last edited by eriol33; Jun 12, 2006 at 12:36 AM.
MeTaL_oRgY
Good Chocobo

Member 375

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 09:37 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 08:37 AM #2 of 10
I've always loved Zelda music. It is so weird, yet so beautiful. You'll find very weird sounds and instruments playing together (specially in the Wind Waker OST) but while being played together they sound really, REALLY good. Ocarina of Time has the second best OST of the whole series (the first one being A Link to the Past) and when I found out about the Hyrule Symphony OST I was eager to hear it and when I finally did, I was in shock. It's just one of my favourite albums EVER.

In my opinion, every track (including Ganondorf's theme) is sweetly arranged and performed perfectly. "Kokiri Forest" makes you want to run in a green tunic over green valleys... well, perhaps not, but it does make you feel relaxed and happy at the same time. "Goron's Theme" was probably the song that shocked me the most. I never thought that an almost drum-only song could be arranged to strings and sound so great. "Gerudo Valley" is a masterpiece, the violins sound great. "Lon Lon Ranch" is wonderful and it's the only track that has voice in it (which actually sounds pretty good). But from the whole disc, my favourite track is "Hyrule Market", you just need to hear it.

Great music arranged and performed perfectly. A must have!

P.S. If you want to download it, there's a link on my website:

http://ingosranch.gameshunters.com/musica.php

You'll need to register, though.

Most amazing jew boots

eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 10:21 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 10:21 PM #3 of 10
Ow you like Ganondorf theme huh? I dont really like it so much, it's too gloomy in my opinion but I guess it's essential in this album.

But nice to know there are people who love this album so much like me . I have yet to be bored by this album, I have listened it to numerous times, and yet I find it becomes more addictive.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 10:37 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 10:37 AM #4 of 10
I love the soundtrack as well. It's very stress relieving for me. Especially the Lon Lon Ranch song. It was my favorite song in the album.

The main theme was surprisingly good. It was a good time.

How ya doing, buddy?
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 09:34 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 07:34 AM #5 of 10
I wouldn't call Ganondorf's melody a flaw; you need pieces like this to round out albums. I sort of wish they had arranged it for more than a small string orchestra, but it is beautiful nevertheless. Something I always loved about the intro is that the ocarina plays the same melody that the recorder did in the original Legend of Zelda.

Not only that, but the presence of Link's Awakening's Ballad of the Wind Fish really made me appreciate that game's music even more. I think if another Zelda game's soundtrack should be arranged for orcestral performance, it should be Link's Awakening.

I was speaking idiomatically.
VMDX
Carob Nut

Member 7669

Level 5.43

May 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 11:42 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2006, 08:42 AM #6 of 10
Originally Posted by Cellius
Not only that, but the presence of Link's Awakening's Ballad of the Wind Fish really made me appreciate that game's music even more. I think if another Zelda game's soundtrack should be arranged for orcestral performance, it should be Link's Awakening.
Definitely, there are so many great tracks on that game. Ballad of the Wind Fish is obligatory, but from the very beginning, the music when you search for your sword is excellent as well. Every dungeon has its own uniquely creepy track, most of which are great as well.

Not to mention I think the main theme sounds like one of the best on Link's Awakening: whenever I think of the Zelda Main Theme, Link's Awakening's rendition of it comes to mind.

Most amazing jew boots
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 11:56 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2006, 11:56 PM #7 of 10
I could only think nintendo hasnt published these games OST because they are not composed by Koji Kondo =/

Originally Posted by Cellius
I wouldn't call Ganondorf's melody a flaw; you need pieces like this to round out albums.
I began to appreciate this track, though I wish they had put more cheerful song instead this one.

FELIPE NO

DMK
NOTHING!

Member 5960

Level 22.35

Apr 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 12:06 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2006, 06:06 PM #8 of 10
Originally Posted by eriol
I could only think nintendo hasnt published these games OST because they are not composed by Koji Kondo =/
what?
It´s such a great music, so I don´t care who it made...
The Ballad of the Windfish is one of the greatest pieces in VGM History, and it made me happy to hear this in Hyrule Symphony or OGC!
Nintendo: C´mon and arrange this soundtrack with an orchestra!!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kenology
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9094

Level 1.86

Jun 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:00 PM #9 of 10
I think this album is a testament to Ryuichi Katsumata's skill at arranging music. I thought is was very impressive that he was able to take a percussive piece, "Goron City", and arrange it for string orchestra (as someone mentioned above), along with the calypso piece "Zora's Domain".

What boggles my mind though, is the fact that the "Kakariko Village" arrangement was missing a whole third of the song. That was a huge disappointment for me.

I love Hyrule Symphony for what it is -- selections from Ocarina of Time (Zelda 5) arranged for string orchestra. But it's about time we have a full orchestra perform these Zelda pieces... complete with a choir.

What I'd give to hear "Hyrule Field Main Theme" perform in its entirety by a full symphony orchestra...

Also, I agree with all of you that not releasing Link's Awakening's (or any Gameboy Zelda for that matter) music on disc is a travesty. Definitely one of the best Zelda soundtracks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Burp
Saving the world... but NOT for free

Member 10186

Level 12.97

Jul 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:08 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 07:08 AM #10 of 10
This is by far the best Zelda soundtrack ever, i love the vocals on Lon Lon Ranch, its so sweet... also like the violins on Gerudo Valley

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Gamercafe.cl: Your source for game news in Spanish.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [Album] Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time ~Hyrule Symphony~ [ZMCX-102]