Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Problems With IE/firefox

Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 01:00 AM #1 of 10
Problems With IE/firefox

Okay, firefox won't go into my e-mail, yahoo won't search, and I can't go to MANY sites like https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...ge&folderID=27 (need to upgrade)... IE v7 WON'T even connect to the internet... now I have no spyware (as far as I can tell)

I went into safemode with networking and EVERYTHING worked... but safemode = ANNOYING

Anywayz, I got the latest firefox/ie/flash/java installed... any ideas?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:21 AM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 11:21 AM #2 of 10
What exactly do you mean when you say "It won't go into" or "it wont search?" Do you get an error? A 404? etc.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:36 PM #3 of 10
Okay, with IE and Opera now, it won't connect to NOTHING! Not internet connection what so ever... latest IE and Opera installed

Mozilla DOES connect to the internet but only limited... MANY times I can't do searches in yahoo gives me the "cannot find page" error... and that URL too... I can't enter my yahoo e-mail either or gmail or any e-mail for that fact

With safe mode everything worked... but I can't work with safemode networking 'cause everything is 100000x bigger and my monitor for some reason goes black the top half part which makes it even harder to read anything...

Most amazing jew boots
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:38 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 12:38 PM #4 of 10
You might have issues with your connection, in general. Can you connect with any other online software? (AIM, A game, etc.)

Also, could you tell us your OS, connection type, and your ethernet/modem information, etc.?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:39 PM #5 of 10
Yeah I can connect to MSN... I use win xp and got cable... the problem only started like a week ago...

I was speaking idiomatically.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 01:53 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 07:53 PM #6 of 10
Check your firewall and reset your modem or router.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 08:28 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 08:28 PM #7 of 10
Originally Posted by Tsunade
Yeah I can connect to MSN... I use win xp and got cable... the problem only started like a week ago...
As said above, try disabling the firewall (The XP one sucks) and perhaps try to "reinstall" TCP/IP. You can simply reinstall your ethernet card as a possible quickfix. Do any other PCs on the network (I hope there are others...for SCIENCE!) have the same issue?

FELIPE NO
Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:48 PM #8 of 10
There's no firewall...

but hmm... how do I reinstall TCP/IP/Ethernet? Just by unplugging it? 'cause I've done that... and it's weird how it works fine with safemode...

Anywayz I have a switch going, and on the old computer everything "connection" wise works... I tried unplugging and replugging the portals and all... and no change...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:05 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 10:05 AM #9 of 10
Well you can't reinstall the protocol like you could in 2k/before..so you can start by reinstalling your ethernet card and restarting your PC. Go to your device manager and reinstall the drivers there. Just in case, you may want to delete your Winsock registry keys and let Windows remake them.

Start->Run->regedit
Search for "winsock" and delete the folders named "Winsock" and "Winsock2" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\W insock
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\W insock2

So after uninstalling the ethernet card and deleting the winsock folders, restart. It should prompt you or something at startup to install it. If it does it on its own, great. Give it a shot then.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 01:16 AM #10 of 10
READ THIS POST NOT FROM THE START:
Okay I'm gonna bump this with new information

A few days ago...

firefox won't go into my e-mail, yahoo won't search, and I can't go to MANY sites like https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...ge&folderID=27 (need to upgrade)... IE v7 WON'T even connect to the internet nor will opera... now I have no spyware (as far as I can tell).. add-aware, spybot and ewido

I went into safemode with networking and EVERYTHING worked... but safemode = ANNOYING since everything = 1000x bigger + the top half of the screen = black (monitor doesn't like safe mode either)

So, like I was told, I uninstalled the ethernet and the winsock files in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\W insock
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\W insock2

But since deleting those files, I can't connect to the internet with any browser or messenger or anything... this is seriously troubling...

BTW, when I uninstalled the ethernet and rebooted it detected and reinstalled it... I checked the winsock and winsock2 was BACK in the local machine... but winsock wasn't

Anywayz, so I run, then type cmd and ipconfig... I got IP addresses for Autoconfiguration IP Address and Subnet Mask... but the Connection-specific DNS Suffix and the Default Gateway is blank...

So I have no clue what this means so I just did the 'ipconfig /release' and then 'ipconfig /renew' but I got an error saying "An Error Occurred whyile renewing interface local area connection 3: an operation was attempted on something that is not a socket"

BTW, I'm running WinXp, Media Center, Cable Internet. I Hope someone can help me out

My Computer = HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7330n Desktop PC http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...&lang=en&cc=ca

EDITING: I did a system restore... BUT the intial problem with IE/Opera not working are there, and Mozilla has limited access again...

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Tsunade; Jul 16, 2006 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Problems With IE/firefox