Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Best weather

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2010, 04:28 PM #1 of 36
Best weather

I say that MAY has the best weather of all the months. I mean, 70 degrees high and 45 degrees low? Your feet will just be slightly chilly in the morning, but you got the window down while going to work, and you won't be sweating when you're stuck in traffic on your way home.

Yes, May has the best weather of all the months.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2010, 06:03 PM Local time: May 2, 2010, 03:03 PM #2 of 36
I'm partial to early spring and late fall, myself. The humidity seems to be at a reasonable level, and the highs around these parts seldom get above the mid-seventies. Throw in a little sun and you've got a wonderful day.

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2010, 06:08 PM Local time: May 2, 2010, 05:08 PM #3 of 36
I'm with you fellers.

Basically early fall, early spring are my favourites. May, with all its rain and thunderstorms, is also tits.

Point is, I really hate it when it gets too hot.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2010, 06:22 PM Local time: May 2, 2010, 04:22 PM #4 of 36
In Portland, early spring is the best time for weather. Not too hot, not too cold, and decent rain without being overbearing. Here, "spring" lasts from about March until near the end of June. Toward the end of June, the temperature suddenly skyrockets, transitioning from spring to summer virtually overnight. One day it is partly cloudy and 75F, and the very next day it is dry, cloudless, and 90F. And it stays that way for nearly three months straight. The summers here really suck. People say that this area has a mild climate, but that's not really true. The summers here are baking hot and exceptionally dry. It is not at all uncommon for there to be several days during the summer where the temperature is over 100 degrees F. At least summer doesn't last too long here, and it isn't anywhere near as humid as Georgia. From September through February, it cools off a lot, but never really gets very cold. The unending rain, however, limits any outdoor activities that one would normally take part in during a cool day.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2010, 12:00 AM #5 of 36
Basically from September to April I'm pretty happy weather-wise. I love it cool, gray and cloudy is fine, snow is better. Conversely, heat, humidity, sun and allergies are all nemeses of mine and they all conspire individually and collectively to make my springs and summers miserable yearly.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2010, 05:30 AM #6 of 36
I say that MAY has the best weather of all the months. I mean, 70 degrees high and 45 degrees low? Your feet will just be slightly chilly in the morning, but you got the window down while going to work, and you won't be sweating when you're stuck in traffic on your way home.

Yes, May has the best weather of all the months.
This is basically late March/early April weather where I live (North Carolina), and it's my favorite time of the year. Pollen doesn't bother me at all, so lucky for me that's never been a barrier to getting outside and enjoying the sunshine after being stuck in the house all winter. I love all seasons except winter, I guess, but spring is definitely my favorite.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2010, 05:53 AM #7 of 36
Basically from September to April I'm pretty happy weather-wise. I love it cool, gray and cloudy is fine, snow is better. Conversely, heat, humidity, sun and allergies are all nemeses of mine and they all conspire individually and collectively to make my springs and summers miserable yearly.
This pretty much sums it up for me too. Our summers here in the valley can get nasty humid, however, we got lucky last summer when it just rained and rained. Sorry Sass, I loved it when it did just that.

Most amazing jew boots
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2010, 06:35 AM #8 of 36
April through October is my time of the year. The only thing that stands in the way of constant perfection is humidity. I can deal with a real hot day if it's dry, but if it's humid, forget it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2010, 10:36 AM Local time: May 3, 2010, 07:36 AM #9 of 36
In Portland, early spring is the best time for weather. Not too hot, not too cold, and decent rain without being overbearing. Here, "spring" lasts from about March until near the end of June. Toward the end of June, the temperature suddenly skyrockets, transitioning from spring to summer virtually overnight. One day it is partly cloudy and 75F, and the very next day it is dry, cloudless, and 90F. And it stays that way for nearly three months straight. The summers here really suck. People say that this area has a mild climate, but that's not really true. The summers here are baking hot and exceptionally dry. It is not at all uncommon for there to be several days during the summer where the temperature is over 100 degrees F. At least summer doesn't last too long here, and it isn't anywhere near as humid as Georgia. From September through February, it cools off a lot, but never really gets very cold. The unending rain, however, limits any outdoor activities that one would normally take part in during a cool day.
We do have a mild climate in Portland, compared to other areas of the US during the summer. SoCal, Arizona, etc, have some really nasty summers for heat and the like. Portland tops 100 degrees maybe a couple days a year. Granted, we still get over 85+ several times during the summer, and it sucks, but its still mild comparatively.

That being said, I love Portland for its seasons, and the transition between spring and summer are usually my favorite areas. Not too hot yet, but the rain is dying down a bit so people LEARN TO FUCKING DRIVE. We live in a state that has rain 3/4 of the year, and yet people freak out and drive 25 under when someone spits on the road.

Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
Ozma
Here's Johnny!!!

Member 10311

Level 25.67

Jul 2006

Old May 3, 2010, 09:52 PM Local time: May 4, 2010, 09:52 AM #10 of 36
I like rainy season best (but not the stormy/windy ones), which usually occurs around November-March. But thanks to the global warming or etc., the weather pattern has changed so abruptly that no climate period can be readily pointed out.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
slessman
phone on a rock

Member 35117

Level 6.05

Jan 2010

Old May 3, 2010, 10:26 PM #11 of 36
Well, I will tell you what was not the best weather. I hate the flood season in places like Tennessee and Georgia. I just had to drive through that to get home from university. It took me at least four hours extra because of all the water. Thus, I vote sunny as opposed to rain.

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2010, 02:31 AM Local time: May 4, 2010, 12:31 AM #12 of 36
Not too hot yet, but the rain is dying down a bit so people LEARN TO FUCKING DRIVE. We live in a state that has rain 3/4 of the year, and yet people freak out and drive 25 under when someone spits on the road.
The people here don't know how to drive period, but that is a story for a different thread...

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old May 4, 2010, 03:48 AM 2 #13 of 36
My ideal weather is an exercise in polarity.

I love the heat. Hot, blue-skied, summer days with just the slightest breeze are my favorites. It's a common answer but it's true. I eagerly look forward to June, July and August so that I can soak up the warmth and humidity. Unlike most, I thrive when it's sticky out. The feel doesn't bother me too much and it feels doubly good to sit in front of a large fan with a beer on days like that.

I also love thunderstorms. The more violent they are, the more excited I get. I have been told by a few that my demeanor is lacking in passion. This is thoroughly untrue during a thunderstorm for you will see my deepest passions instantly brought to the surface. You will always find me outside, on the front porch or in the driveway, studying the clouds. I flit from spot to spot rapidly, checking each direction for indications that the storm is worsening. I cheer with each flash of lightning and take in the thunder like a person takes in massage. I love to watch the rain fall down in sheets, as they wash across the asphalt in visible waves. I delight at the manifestation of hail and often toss stuff into the yard to see how much damage the hail can do. I take in the chilling winds and let it flow all around me as I marvel at how it whips the tree branches and power lines around. I breathe deep and enjoy the earthy scent of rain and dirt colliding. I frequently run inside and refresh the computer to the Weather Channel's website, looking for whatever warnings may be in effect. The more there are, the happier I am. If there is a tornado watch, you will see my eyes burst open in glee as I run outside and immediately scan the sky in every direction for signs of cloud rotation. If there's a tornado warning (which is rare in my part), I don't hunker down in the safest corner of the basement like a sensible person. I rush outside, standing directly in the downpouring rain, just so I can catch a glimpse of that fucker. I am like a child left to roam free in a candy shop each time a thunderstorm passes overhead. I love the chaos and the raw power unleashed. And you can really only get this during the summer months around here.

So yes, sweltering sunny days, and tumultuous stormy nights are what I love best.

Most amazing jew boots
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2010, 04:45 AM Local time: May 4, 2010, 02:45 AM #14 of 36
Quote:
I also love thunderstorms. The more violent they are, the more excited I get. I have been told by a few that my demeanor is lacking in passion. This is thoroughly untrue during a thunderstorm for you will see my deepest passions instantly brought to the surface. You will always find me outside, on the front porch or in the driveway, studying the clouds. I flit from spot to spot rapidly, checking each direction for indications that the storm is worsening. I cheer with each flash of lightning and take in the thunder like a person takes in massage. I love to watch the rain fall down in sheets, as they wash across the asphalt in visible waves. I delight at the manifestation of hail and often toss stuff into the yard to see how much damage the hail can do. I take in the chilling winds and let it flow all around me as I marvel at how it whips the tree branches and power lines around. I breathe deep and enjoy the earthy scent of rain and dirt colliding. I frequently run inside and refresh the computer to the Weather Channel's website, looking for whatever warnings may be in effect. The more there are, the happier I am. If there is a tornado watch, you will see my eyes burst open in glee as I run outside and immediately scan the sky in every direction for signs of cloud rotation. If there's a tornado warning (which is rare in my part), I don't hunker down in the safest corner of the basement like a sensible person. I rush outside, standing directly in the downpouring rain, just so I can catch a glimpse of that fucker. I am like a child left to roam free in a candy shop each time a thunderstorm passes overhead. I love the chaos and the raw power unleashed. And you can really only get this during the summer months around here.
My God. You just described, so exquisitely, my deepest, most passionate feelings about thunderstorms. People always told me I was crazy or strange for being disappointed when a major storm system missed our town, but it is good to know that someone else understands.

The thing I miss the most about living in Georgia is the thunderstorms. My room mate thinks this is insane, but you obviously know how I must feel. Man, I wish I could go back right now for a visit... my entire being aches to hear a good peal of thunder, to see lightning flashing in the distance, to see the trees dancing in the wind like some frantic, tumultuous ballet, to smell the healthy, earthy scent in the storm's aftermath. The raw power and dynamism of it made me feel so alive. Portland is nice and all, but the sameness of the weather day in and day out actually really bums me out if I think about it too much. There is no power or dynamism in the atmosphere here. It is perfectly blue and sunny all summer long, and perfectly gray and rainy all winter long. It's so gentle, so predictable, so... boring.

I can't say I feel the same way about sunny, hot days though. I am already sweating when the temperature is in the mid-70s, any higher and I feel like I'm melting.

LIAR

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2010, 09:59 AM Local time: May 4, 2010, 06:59 AM #15 of 36
Hell yeah, thunderstorms. When Portland gets them, they get pretty awesome, but its so rare.

FELIPE NO
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2010, 10:07 AM #16 of 36
Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
. The thing I miss the most about living in Georgia is the thunderstorms.
You are so right about that. Georgia thunderstorms are amazing and wonderful. I miss that about living in Georgia, too. North Carolina thunderstorms are great, too, but they're just not as intense and the sky never gets quite as dark and ominous. And the scent. Is there anything better? Totally jumping on the thunderstorm bandwagon. I LOVE THEM. I'm surprised anyone thinks you're crazy, though. Lots of people love thunderstorms.

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2010, 12:53 PM Local time: May 4, 2010, 05:53 PM #17 of 36
My God. You just described, so exquisitely, my deepest, most passionate feelings about thunderstorms. People always told me I was crazy or strange for being disappointed when a major storm system missed our town, but it is good to know that someone else understands.

The thing I miss the most about living in Georgia is the thunderstorms. My room mate thinks this is insane, but you obviously know how I must feel. Man, I wish I could go back right now for a visit... my entire being aches to hear a good peal of thunder, to see lightning flashing in the distance, to see the trees dancing in the wind like some frantic, tumultuous ballet, to smell the healthy, earthy scent in the storm's aftermath. The raw power and dynamism of it made me feel so alive. Portland is nice and all, but the sameness of the weather day in and day out actually really bums me out if I think about it too much. There is no power or dynamism in the atmosphere here. It is perfectly blue and sunny all summer long, and perfectly gray and rainy all winter long. It's so gentle, so predictable, so... boring.

I can't say I feel the same way about sunny, hot days though. I am already sweating when the temperature is in the mid-70s, any higher and I feel like I'm melting.
Absolutely. Hot, sunny days feel like some sort of Herculean challenge to me. It's only May and I'm already suffering - probably a result of Celtic heritage, that and my flat faces south so I get the full extent of sunshine every day from dawn until dusk.

But thunderstorms... it's the same with my friends as well. If we're all together and we hear a peal of thunder we literally leap from our seats and rush either outside or to the nearest window. Then again England is hardly famed for its dramatic weather. It's not just the aesthetic or the portent of a thunderstorm that pleases me though. It clears the air - I just look forward to less humidity.

That being said, the best weather for me occurs in spring. Sunshine doesn't make you cower in the shade from the heat, the rain is refreshing rather than oppressive, and there's a sharp, fresh edge to everything you see. I always feel like I'm waking up from hibernation.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2010, 10:13 AM Local time: May 7, 2010, 04:13 PM #18 of 36
Hot, sunny days are awesome, y'all are weird. There's nothing better than sitting under a tree on a hot, sunny day, watching a game of cricket or something with a case of highly chilled cider, then by the time evening comes and it gets a bit chilly because of there being no clouds, you're nicely pissed and don't notice the chill and you can sit inside a pub anyway. English summer days are about as perfect as days get, on the odd occasion we actually get one.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2010, 07:26 PM Local time: May 7, 2010, 06:26 PM #19 of 36
Wait, there are people who -don't- love thunderstorms?

Lies.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

martine4161
Wark!

Member 35814

Level 1.21

May 2010

Old May 24, 2010, 07:56 AM #20 of 36
I also like the hit but not that much that you have to remove your clothed for feeling comfortable. At the same time My favorite season is winter that you can wear any thing what you want and at the same time you can roaming any where.

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2010, 01:52 PM Local time: May 24, 2010, 11:52 AM #21 of 36
What is this "season" thing you folks speak of?
(I'm from California)

=P

I personally like April the best; the hills north of Santa Barbara and onto Morro Bay/Atascadero area are filled with beautirul acres of yellow mustard flowers after the rain. It's the only time we get to see some aspect of nature that's green. That, or October/November when the grapevines in the wineries turn color.

...damn, this thread makes me hate living in Los Angeles.

I was speaking idiomatically.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2010, 02:10 PM #22 of 36
My sister who is presently working/living in Strasbourg complains about how drab and dreary the weather over there is. Apparently, Europe is lacking in the dramatic weather category.

She reminds me of how grateful she is for defined seasons: cold and snowy winters, cool crisp and colorful autumns, the smells of a fresh spring and the heat and humidity of a New England summer.

The thunderstorms are also the best. When it gets to the dead of summer up here, the humidity goes way up and you pray for the thunderstorm at the end of the day to relieve the moisture in the air. Sometimes, you're lucky enough to get a storm every night in the summer. <3

My favorite is usually spring and fall, though. I'm not sure which is better, but both are always welcome. I think I get more excited about spring, if only because the leaves come back and everything turns into such a green paradise. Fall is usually sad, but colorful.

LIAR

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2010, 03:53 PM Local time: May 24, 2010, 12:53 PM 1 #23 of 36
...damn, this thread makes me hate living in Los Angeles.
You LIKED living in LA prior to this thread? Why would anyone enjoy that?

FELIPE NO
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2010, 04:15 PM Local time: May 24, 2010, 02:15 PM #24 of 36
I kind of like living in LA. The summer is intolerable but the winter reminds me of spring back home: frequent rain plus 50-60 temp.

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2010, 07:12 PM Local time: May 24, 2010, 05:12 PM #25 of 36
Happens to be where I grew up? Not that I liked it, per se, but it's comfortable here.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Best weather