Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Ingmar Bergman Dead

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 04:05 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 03:05 PM #1 of 4
Ingmar Bergman Dead

Originally Posted by The Washington Post
STOCKHOLM, Sweden -- Master filmmaker Ingmar Bergman, one of the greatest artists in cinema history, died Monday at his home on an island off the coast of Sweden. He was 89.
Bergman's dozens of works combined deep seriousness, indelible imagery and unexpected flashes of humor in finely written, inventively shot explorations of difficult subjects such as plague and madness.

His vision encompassed the extremes of his beloved Sweden: the claustrophobic gloom of unending winter nights, its glowing summer evenings and the bleak magnificence of the Baltic islet of Faro, where the reclusive artist spent his last years.
Once described by Woody Allen as "probably the greatest film artist ... since the invention of the motion picture camera," Bergman first gained international attention with 1955's "Smiles of a Summer Night," a romantic comedy that inspired the Stephen Sondheim musical "A Little Night Music."
His last work, of about 60, was "Saraband," a made-for-television movie that aired on Swedish public television in December 2003, the year he retired.

Rest of article here.

Check and mate, I suppose.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 05:58 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 11:58 PM #2 of 4
Yeah, this proves that Death really is the better chess player. Rest in peace, Ingmar Bergman.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Room
Wark!

Member 12411

Level 7.77

Sep 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 08:55 PM #3 of 4
Heh. I thought of posting this earlier this morning, but didn't think people here would know who this man was. I'm glad to see I was very wrong. Persona and Winter Light are among the most ballsy films ever made. The man really had the chops to challenge himself as a director.

How ya doing, buddy?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 08:58 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 05:58 PM #4 of 4
I just watched Wild Strawberries for about the tenth time two days ago. Such a great film, from an even more amazing man. Rest in peace, Ingmar.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Ingmar Bergman Dead