Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Some advice on writing stuff.

Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 04:20 AM Local time: Sep 11, 2006, 11:20 AM #1 of 9
Some advice on writing stuff.

Okay, as some of you already know,I'll be in Asia for a year. The problem is that I also have a girlfrend, who will be staying behind. She has asked me to write her some sort of romantic goodbye letter. Unfortunately, I suck at these things, REALLY suck. I am really not a romantic guy, in fact I'd like to avoid most romantic stuff, but this is really unavoidable.

What I'm looking for is concrete stuff to write, not crap like "just write what you are feeling", because I can't do stuff like that. Help me out please ;_;.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:29 AM Local time: Sep 11, 2006, 11:29 PM #2 of 9
Can't you write a sample so we know how your writing style is and see if it's suitable? That way, it's easier for us to advice you on what to add, what to remove and such.

One other way is to write horribly, to the extent that she'll laugh at it, and tell her the truth that you're horrible at writing letters. Sometimes they prefer your honesty rather than something fake.

Also, where in Asia?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
How Unfortunate
Ghost

Member 4460

Level 13.04

Apr 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 09:07 PM #3 of 9
Very unfortunate to have to say goodbye on your weak foot. Hmm...four ideas:

1. Write out everything you like about her, everything you did together, brainstorm the hell out of this, and then connect a few things together for a letter. Try for inside jokes
2. Read through some poetry/music lyrics and find something that expresses it for you
3. Play to your strengths. Instead of writing, make a scrap book, a song, a piece of furniture, a cake, etc.
4. Don't listen to her. Give her a piece of jewelry or a stuffed animal - something to hold onto and fiddle with in your absence

If all else fails, bend her down, kiss her, and walk off.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Thanatos
What?!

Member 1546

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:57 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 11:57 AM #4 of 9
start with memories, of what you've both done together.

(where in asia, btw)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 06:06 AM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 01:06 PM #5 of 9
I'm not sure how long this is supposed to be, but:
Quote:
Dear [name of girlfriend],

As you probably know, I'm not very good at this kind of thing. I'm kind of a down-to-earth guy, and romantic stuff always seems a bit overblown to me. Nevertheless I've attempted to put my feelings into this letter, so even though it may seem a bit awkward, know that its sentiments are entirely heartfelt.

I will miss you incredibly in my year that I'll be gone. Going to [place in asia] for a year is a major event for me, and an exciting one, but I am saddened that you won't be joining me and we can't share this experience. I wish you were coming with me.

I love you,

[your name]
If you want to make it longer, add a paragraph between the two about you two together ("remember that summer rain and you got all wet, because I had the umbrella?"), and perhaps things you like about her ("the way you crack your knuckles is so charming").

Good luck making this relationship work, by the way.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by surasshu; Sep 12, 2006 at 12:10 PM.
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 03:47 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 10:47 PM #6 of 9
Writing horribly is not really a good idea, since she tends to be pretty serious about those things, and I'm too lazy to fix things afterwards =/.

Although buying her stuff is a nice idea, I had some bad experiences in the past (headless teddybears, or strangled with jewelry I gave with them).

I've had a few suggestinos in my journal, and just like Unfortunate, a scrapbook's a cool idea, and I'll probably work with something like that.

Thanks a lot Surasshu! that's really just the kind of thing I need, and you've given me a great introduction, really cool kerel!

Also, Japan

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 04:42 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 04:42 PM #7 of 9
Maybe a framed photo of you two together would be a good parting gift. Or a stuffed animal. You could also consider writing her a poem instead. Or taking inspiration from a song's lyrics about saying goodbye (there are a gazillion). You can PM me if you want to consider that idea since I have a lot of great classic songs that can make potentially good lyric letters.

FELIPE NO
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 04:51 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 11:51 PM #8 of 9
Originally Posted by Enkidu
really cool kerel!
LOL, graag gedaan. Good luck! =D

How ya doing, buddy?
MTGNecro
A family man: Be one.

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2006, 05:29 PM Local time: Sep 13, 2006, 03:29 PM #9 of 9
Definatly give something that will invoke memories whenever she sees it, and then just write or send pictures to her through snail mail every now and then. Just like a short letter that sums up what has been happening with you.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I forgot my old sig...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Some advice on writing stuff.