Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Norton/Symantec Ghost Issue

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2009, 09:04 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2009, 10:04 AM #1 of 1
Norton/Symantec Ghost Issue

My hard disks are acting screwy (Drive C and Drive D are alternatingly disappearing from BIOS), and it takes like 5 minutes to go from the BIOS POST screen to the Windows loading screen.

I've decided to replace the hard disks, and I hope to God it isn't a motherboard error.

In any case, I'm having problems with cloning the disks. I intend to backup the drive images into another hard disk (1.5TB - has always been recognized by BIOS). I'm using a copy of the Ultimate Boot CD with Norton Ghost and USB2 support, and it shows the physical hard disks correctly when prompted to select a source drive to backup.

However, it does not allow me to select the 1.5TB drive as a destination drive.

This seems to be some kind of limitation, so my question is, what IS the limitation exactly? I'm planning to replace Drives C and D with a single 1TB drive, split into 250 and 750GB partitions.

Would these work for direct cloning, considering I couldn't select the 1.5TB as destination? Is the limitation for hard disks over a specific physical size, or logical size?

Barring that, is there another version or utility that does not have these limitations, or at least allows me to use external USB drives? I tried to connect a 500GB disk (in a USB enclosure) just to have a backup in advance, but it seems Ghost does not detect it at all.

Thanks for the info!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Norton/Symantec Ghost Issue