Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Lego Rock Band

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:06 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2009, 03:06 PM #1 of 22
Lego Rock Band

So apparently the rumour was true, there is indeed going to be a Lego Rock Band, landing at the end of this year and with something of a 'kid-friendly' angle on the whole rock and roll thing.

Quote:
LEGO Rock Band is coming this holiday season on PS3, 360, Wii and DS to deliver us all from said evil. The game, currently being developed by TT Games and Harmonix, will use all the existing Rock Band/Guitar Hero peripherals.

The family-focused version of the game will allow you to customize your "minifigure avatars" along with your road crew and managers. The kid-friendly song list hasn't been fully disclosed, but we know it'll include:

* Blur: "Song 2"
* Carl Douglas: "Kung Fu Fighting"
* Europe: "The Final Countdown"
* Good Charlotte: "Boys and Girls"
* Pink: "So What"
[ source ]

What isn't said there, and is the real question, is whether or not things will be compatible with DLC from Rock Band 1/2, or if it'll be a purely standalone experience. Naturally the soundtrack is going to favour the pop-rock end of the spectrum, but Song 2, Kung Fu Fighting and Final Countdown aren't bad starts to what could be quite a fun playlist.

Thoughts?

Most amazing jew boots
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:12 AM #2 of 22
I'm just bothered that there's another Lego game coming out again. Seriously, we're gonna have Lego May Cry or Legoshock soon.

I might be sold on this depending on the set list and whether or not you could import the songs for a small fee into Rock Band 2 like you could with the first game. Simply because The Final Countdown is part of this set list already piquing my interest.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:17 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2009, 09:17 AM #3 of 22
What is wrong with these people? Is Rock Band, as it currently stands, not kid friendly enough? I mean, the current songs have had the naughty bits edited out already, what more do they need.

Maybe if they do like they did with the first RB and let you export the track list for a handful of MS points it will be worth a rental, assuming the Blur song, and Kung Fu Fighting isn't the best they've got.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Worm
:furious proofreading noises:

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:31 AM 2 #4 of 22
The only way this would be worthwhile is if the entire game was animated like the "Fell in Love with a Girl" video:
YouTube Video

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:39 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2009, 08:39 AM #5 of 22
If they're going to go this route, why not Lego Big Planet or Lego Final Fantasy, those would be licenses to print money. I never got any of the Guitar Hero / Rock Band games, but I bet it would be fun for the younger crowd, and an expanded playlist is always nice. (Let's say you have LRB songs, it would be neat if you could put those songs onto Rock Band proper, but it would probably be only a one-way thing RB -> LRB)

Bricks of War!

How ya doing, buddy?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:27 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2009, 04:27 PM #6 of 22
Why.

I don't get what is up with every franchise needing a Lego reimagining.

I mean, I don't have any problem with it, per se, but... Lego.

Why Lego?

Most amazing jew boots
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:31 AM #7 of 22
So we can have flat curly chest hair. Duh.

FELIPE NO
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:39 AM 2 #8 of 22
This game is completely unnecessary, but I'll pay any amount of money to be able to play The Final Countdown in Rock Band.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:40 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2009, 11:40 AM #9 of 22
Originally Posted by KrelEN
Why Lego?
Because Lego is hilarious. And destructible. I could imagine one of the characters smashing his guitar mid-song and then putting it back together while still playing.

Also because Legos can't wear miniskirts i guess.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Scent of a Grundle; Apr 21, 2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: atroshus gramer
DarthSavior
PUT YA GUNS ON

Member 188

Level 12.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2009, 02:00 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2009, 09:00 AM #10 of 22
God damn. "The Final Countdown" and "Kung Fu Fighting" is enough to catch my interest.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2009, 09:21 PM 1 #11 of 22
God damn. "The Final Countdown" and "Kung Fu Fighting" is enough to catch my interest.
If this is the peak of what they're featuring in this game, I think I'll pass.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2009, 04:27 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2009, 10:27 AM 1 #12 of 22
Why.

I don't get what is up with every franchise needing a Lego reimagining.
I'd hardly call three platform games based on movies an over-saturation of the market. As far as I'm aware (And I could be wrong so apologies if I'm talking out of my arse) there aren't any other games they've re-released as Lego games are there?

I mean, it's obviously just an excuse to release a new, cut-down version of Rock Band and charge full price for it but good luck to them. I would imagine that the songs on it will be released as downloads for the proper game soon after it's released, at least they would be if I was in charge of marketing.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2009, 06:06 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2009, 11:06 AM #13 of 22
I would imagine that the songs on it will be released as downloads for the proper game soon after it's released, at least they would be if I was in charge of marketing.
Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same, so fingers crossed that's the route they go down. They might actually, due to the kid/family-friendly angle they're working, price this somewhat cheaper than full price, and so it might not be too costly to pick up as a cheap addition to a great line of games.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2009, 11:22 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2009, 09:22 AM #14 of 22
I might buy it, if only because I loved the Lego Star Wars games. The selling point with the Lego adaptations of other franchises isn't really just putting Lego versions of characters in a miniature Lego rework of their respective sets; it's the quirky sense of humor and nostalgia that goes along with that transition.

I just hope they don't expect people to pay a full $60 price tag on the ruse that it's more "family friendly" than its "adult" counterparts. Rock Band and Rock Band 2 are already "family friendly" enough as they are and, if that's REALLY not enough, the games have modifiers to cut down on even more "swearing" in the songs if people so wish that.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lord Jaroh
It's all about being a Newbie

Member 2072

Level 13.42

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2009, 09:47 PM Local time: Apr 29, 2009, 09:47 PM #15 of 22
As long as the songs are backwards compatable into my existing Rock Band 2 game, I'll buy it. Maybe it will have "The Touch"...

FELIPE NO
Dennisik
Wark!

Member 33552

Level 1.21

May 2009

Old May 1, 2009, 12:18 PM Local time: May 1, 2009, 09:18 AM #16 of 22
Oh god, Lego is gonna ruin another franchise. Some people may like it, but i think they're just running out of ideas.

"Hey! We should make a successful music game! Yeah like Rock Band! And make it Lego! Bingo!"

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 12:54 PM Local time: May 1, 2009, 05:54 PM #17 of 22
"Hey! We should make a successful music game! Yeah like Rock Band! And make it Lego! Bingo!"
You do realise that Harmonix are working with them on this, someone didn't just decide there should be a Lego music game and that they'd get away with calling it Lego Rock Band. This is a new Rock Band title that is based on Lego.

And what the hell, how is Lego going to ruin another franchise? Tell me, what franchises have been ruined so far by Lego? I'm mightily curious.

How ya doing, buddy?
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 01:06 PM #18 of 22
Well considering that every single Batman and Star Wars game has been a pinnacle of the gaming experience, I'd have to go with those.

Most amazing jew boots
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 01:08 PM Local time: May 1, 2009, 06:08 PM #19 of 22
Well considering that every single Batman and Star Wars game has been a pinnacle of the gaming experience, I'd have to go with those.
Let me just get this straight, you're saying that Lego has ruined the Batman and Star Wars franchises, yes?

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 01:11 PM Local time: May 1, 2009, 11:11 AM #20 of 22
I think you're missing some sarcasm (at least in wvlf's post).

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 01:19 PM #21 of 22
I think you're missing some sarcasm (at least in wvlf's post).
Exactly. While the franchises as a WHOLE aren't awful things (at least in Star Wars's case, there've been more hits than misses), no matter what you think of Lego adaptations (I love 'em, personally), there are MUCH WORSE moments in each series' game adaptations.

Batman Returns, anyone?

I was speaking idiomatically.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 01:30 PM Local time: May 1, 2009, 06:30 PM #22 of 22
OK, I misread what you wrote. Reading "has" as "haven't" made the sarcasm a little tougher to spot. But yes, you're spot on wvlf, and I too have really enjoyed the Lego games to date.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Lego Rock Band