Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament Discussion
Closed Thread

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:33 AM 3 #1 of 163
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament Discussion [I HAS A RULE SET. SIGN UP ALREADY]

For those of you wondering about the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Clans:

Originally Posted by Super Smash Bros. Brawl Clans
(I'm just using a random number here, work with me)

30 members split up into 6 clans consisting of five members.

Each week, all six clans will face off one other opposing clan.

Each member will randomly be assigned another member to fight off against in a best of three match up. Whoever wins, earns a point towards their team total this week. Whoever earns the most points after the five match-ups are done, earns one on the win column.

The cycle will repeat until each clan has face off against each other once. The amount of points you earn will be crucial also. Should the top clans both be 5-1, the amount of points you earned will determine your seeding for the Post Season.

The Post Season tournament will also be done in the same way, but in a single elimination tournament format. Clans will face off the same way as they did in the normal season, but should you lose there, you're knocked out of the Playoffs and the next team advances. This continues until we can crown a winner.

Match-ups for the playoffs will be done like so: 1v6, 2v5 ,3v4.

So fight hard, and make sure every fight counts.
I HAVE A RULE SET FOR THE LEAGUE

4 STOCK, 8 MINUTES
ALL STAGES
ITEMS ON - LOW

STOP SAYING THIS IS COMPLICATED AND I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING SET IN STONE. I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR THE PAST TWO PAGES.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Chaotic; Mar 21, 2008 at 08:42 PM.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:42 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2008, 11:42 PM #2 of 163
I'll make an announcement in VG root for this.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:43 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2008, 10:43 PM #3 of 163
I wouldn't mind arranging the round robin stuff for "preliminations" before we get to the clan stuff. I.E. determining the top players. (since it was my idea...figure it'd be easy since everything is planned out in my mind)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:44 AM #4 of 163
Please do so. The more help I could get with this the better.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:49 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2008, 10:49 PM #5 of 163
Well..the main request I have is that who ever wants to enter pm either you or me so we know whats going on

I was speaking idiomatically.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:57 AM #6 of 163
I was just thinking of another sign-up thread, and just as precautionary measure, they re-post their Friend Code and the name they'll be using in tournament (not the profile name, the one that floats above your head).

And for CN (should he check this thread), I think it would be a better idea instead getting your brother to register to GFF, you should just post up the in-game name that he's using so we can associate the difference between you two.

I'll probably send both your match up, along with your brother's, in the same PM or something like that.

How ya doing, buddy?
Cheezeman3000
Master of Music

Member 1037

Level 13.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 03:28 AM Local time: Mar 18, 2008, 01:28 AM #7 of 163
My only suggestion is that we have players commit to having a lag-free connection (i.e. random matchups are generally lag-free for them) so that we don't have issues with it during the tournament. I don't know if we can completely avoid lag but we can at least try.

FELIPE NO
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 03:33 AM #8 of 163
At most, lag to a minimum. I'll attempt to do something with my connection since I'm aware that it's a little wonky whenever I play, but I can't make any promises.

And first order of business, how do you people wanna fight these matches? Stock? Timed? Combination of both?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Chaotic; Mar 18, 2008 at 03:40 AM.
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 05:08 AM Local time: Mar 18, 2008, 12:08 AM #9 of 163
I've always been accustomed to the classic 3 stock survival matches. Of course the one draw back is the time limit not being there. But for small stages like Battlefield and Final Destination I don't think it's necessary.

I don't think there's much we can do about the lag, cheezeman. At best we can remind everyone to turn off any p2p programs and if possible, tell players to optimize their router settings. There is also investing into something like a LAN adapter for a more stable connection. But I don't think it will help everyone with their connection issues. Part of the problem is with Nintendo's (free) online service.
As for me, my connection has been pretty good overall. And I'm in Hawaii =D

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 05:52 AM #10 of 163
I'm fine with any, actually...stock, time, it's all good for me. I do like 5 stock matches in particular, but Starman says that's way too long for people to wait before joining and I see his point.

You mentioned 4 stock 8 minutes. That's fine with me.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 10:52 AM #11 of 163
Life: 4 stock 8 minutes is a good balance, so I'd stick with that.

Stages: All available...I see no reason to ban any of them. I dunno if you're doing best of 1 or best of 3, so I'll leave it at that.

Items: All on. Anytime I played Melee against this one friend of mine, he bitched about items being on and started a trend with our group. The last couple of years of Melee I played have been without items, but we started doing random characters since picking characters got boring after a while. Long story short, I believe they should be on but I'm fine with anything as long as you keep the Smash Balls in there.

Characters: As far as character selection, I'm fine with picking or random as long as none of the characters are banned.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:10 AM #12 of 163
So we'll just finalize that we're doing 4 stock, 8 minute matches. As I mentioned before, the 8 minutes is just so we don't get people camping somewhere too long or make the matches longer than they need to be.

Characters, we'll finalize that we don't need to ban anyone. I don't see any reason to. Even with Falco's infinite laser and Fox's Wall Shine, it's all dependent on rhythm, which could easily be broken both ways.

Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:39 AM #13 of 163
I'm fine with the current setup right now (nothing ban!) as long I can use the paper fan and Brawl in Spear Pillar.
The whole point of this game tourney is to have fun, right? XD

Oh, I didn't even tell my brother about this! I'll talk to him tonight after AI... >_>

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 01:34 PM #14 of 163
I'll probably just keep items on (even if they are unpredictable as hell) since everyone seems for them. I don't really mind half of them, but my question is will all the items on stage contribute to some of the lag? I doubt it, but it's still a question burning into my skull.

I'm only fighting for some stages being banned for this tournament, particularly Rumble Falls, Mario Bros., Flat Zone 2, Hyrule Temple, and Big Blue.

Rumble Falls - Scrolling stages suck. Period. Those little spikes on the stage don't really help much either.

Mario Bros. - The stage itself is very restrictive and the enemies running around could do a serious number on you. I don't think anyone wants to be KOed at 12% just because someone threw a (giant enemy) crab when you were standing at the side of the screen.

Flat Zone 2 - Particularly the same reason as Mario Bros. Restrictive stage, not fun being KOed at 12%, and those fucking zoo keepers.

Hyrule Temple - I just hate big stages and people will just camp out at the bottom to prevent being killed.

Big Blue - Lots of camping, and sucks being KOed because you landed on the road. The stage itself is horribly unpredictable.

I can't say my peace on 75m since I haven't unlocked it yet. And I don't particularly mind anything else on the banned list, so I'm all for them in the tournament.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 02:07 PM #15 of 163
What about New Pork City? That stage is massive, too. I'm not complaining or anything, I just want you guys to have a good time for this tourny.

Also, any chance of recording some of these matches? I mean, it might even things out to have everyone see each others' fighting styles in the prelim rounds. Plus, it would be entertaining for those of us not participating. =P

FELIPE NO
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 02:09 PM #16 of 163
Oh yeah, I'm against that stage too. I thought I talked about it, guess I didn't.

New Pork City - Too freakin' big, and having that monster thingy walking around doesn't help much either. You run into him, almost an instant KO.

Additional Spam:
Also, any chance of recording some of these matches? I mean, it might even things out to have everyone see each others' fighting styles in the prelim rounds. Plus, it would be entertaining for those of us not participating. =P
I would, but I haven't the foggiest idea how. <_<

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Chaotic; Mar 18, 2008 at 02:11 PM.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 03:29 PM #17 of 163

I would, but I haven't the foggiest idea how. <_<
At the end of every match on the result screen you have the option to record a replay by pressing the Z button (provided the match wasnt super long)

28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 03:34 PM #18 of 163
At the end of every match on the result screen you have the option to record a replay by pressing the Z button (provided the match wasnt super long)
Super long being more than 3 minutes, lol.

But it was just a suggestion anyway, not something that really affects the tournament overall.

Most amazing jew boots
Cheezeman3000
Master of Music

Member 1037

Level 13.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 03:45 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2008, 01:45 PM #19 of 163
Yeah if we were to record the matches we'd have to keep it to a 3 minute max time limit. Unfortunately that's not very much time.
I don't think we should necessarily "ban" stages, but maybe pick a certain stage for each round? That way everyone would be on the same playing field each round. We could even vote on which stage we want for each of the rounds.

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 04:06 PM #20 of 163
Rumble Falls suffers from the same problem that Icicle Mountain in Melee did...it just sucked horribly with its scrolling upward. The only difference is I'll play Rumble Falls because some of the music in it you can't listen to on any of the other stages unless you put it in a custom stage (Bramble Blast, King K.Rool/Ship Deck 2).

Hyrule Temple - Though it's one of my favorite stages, I can see why it would be banned. Though I have to admit, it's pretty hilarious when you get people down in that one area and you try to see how high the damage percentage can go before you go flying off. I think I got a little over 300% before you go flying off in Melee.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 06:49 PM #21 of 163
Oh, I'm aware of that, I meant recording actual game footage. Like the videos people upload to YouTube and stuff... That kind of thing.

And I finally got all the stages, so now I can throw in my two cents on 75m:

75m - I hate this fucking stage. That spring bouncing around doesn't help either. BANHAMMER ON THIS STAGE.

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 06:54 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2008, 04:54 PM #22 of 163
Oh, I'm aware of that, I meant recording actual game footage. Like the videos people upload to YouTube and stuff... That kind of thing.

And I finally got all the stages, so now I can throw in my two cents on 75m:

75m - I hate this fucking stage. That spring bouncing around doesn't help either. BANHAMMER ON THIS STAGE.
Awww..too scared about getting up+smashed into the spring? LoL

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 06:57 PM #23 of 163
Keeps popping out of nowhere whenever I'm on the top tier. I only had to play on it once to determine how much I hate this stage.

And my personal ban list for the tournament:

Rumble Falls
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Hyrule Temple
Big Blue
New Pork City
75m

Just seven stages out of the 41. Agree to ban these? Disagree? Argue with me, dammit.

FELIPE NO
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 06:59 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2008, 04:59 PM #24 of 163
Keeps popping out of nowhere whenever I'm on the top tier. I only had to play on it once to determine how much I hate this stage.
Actually, from what I've seen/experienced it only happens when DK appears out of the background

How ya doing, buddy?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 07:01 PM #25 of 163
I'm just not fond of the stage design either... I could sense a lot of people camping on this one also.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament Discussion