Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Favorite holiday song?

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 06:25 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 05:25 PM #1 of 6
Favorite holiday song?

Just out of general curiousity, and if you have favorite recordings or singers who sing it mention that as well. Personally, I hate the majority of the "American" christmas/holiday songs (ie: Frosty the Snowman, Here Comes Santa Claus, etc.) and am in love with a lot of the minor-key carols, usually Old English ones.

My favorites are Coventry Carol and Gabriel's Message (especially the version by Sting). I'm also very partial to Patti Smith's version of We Three Kings.

Most amazing jew boots
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 06:38 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 05:38 PM #2 of 6
A Charlie Brown Christmas OST by Vince Guaraldi Trio.

This one of my favourite albums of all time. Around this time it's not uncommon to hear this music playing for any reason. Around Mid December it's not unlikley that we play this album multiple times a day, and that even extends past christmas. We bring it our grandparents for christmas day, and basically any place with a CD player. It's become tradition to always have it playing.

I have yet to get sick of it, and i've grown up with it since i was 10. My mom grew up with it since she was younger.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 06:56 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 11:56 PM #3 of 6
The original "I'll be Home for Christmas", and "Stop the Cavalry"; I'm not sure of artist's names but they always play the same ones at Christmas times on the radio and my parents have them on CD somewhere. I can't remember a Christmas without them.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 06:57 PM #4 of 6
Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Carol of the Bells... OMG - seriously, it's fucking awesome, and if you havn't heard it, I might just have to snailmail it to you if you can't get it otherwise.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

Isha
bartender

Member 4708

Level 5.11

Apr 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 07:05 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 09:05 PM #5 of 6
"The Night Santa Claus Went Crazy" by Wierd Al, has always been my favorite.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes!"
~Thoreau
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 08:04 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 07:04 PM #6 of 6
Originally Posted by Helloween
A Charlie Brown Christmas OST by Vince Guaraldi Trio.

This one of my favourite albums of all time. Around this time it's not uncommon to hear this music playing for any reason. Around Mid December it's not unlikley that we play this album multiple times a day, and that even extends past christmas. We bring it our grandparents for christmas day, and basically any place with a CD player. It's become tradition to always have it playing.

I have yet to get sick of it, and i've grown up with it since i was 10. My mom grew up with it since she was younger.
I came to post this exact same thing.

I don't know if it counts, but I absolutely love Boris Karloff's soundtrack to the old Grinch cartoon. I watch it four or five times every December.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Favorite holiday song?