Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Are you a confident person?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 01:24 PM Local time: Nov 16, 2007, 01:24 AM #1 of 33
Are you a confident person?

well, if you ask yourself, how do you rate personality? Are you confident or generally have low-self esteem?

Back then I had zero confidence during my high school because I was good for nothing in sport, and my marks were not incredibly good. But now, since I'm in college, I'm being pretty confident about my skills and I begin to acccept what I have and what I dont have.

I'm surprised that some of my friends who I thought really high back then, now apparantly have condifence problem during their college.

how about you guys?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 01:52 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2007, 11:52 AM #2 of 33
I've barely got confidence in myself and I have low self esteem. I'm an incredibly shy person. My job is forcing me to talk to people though, so I'm sure my shyness will at least slowly disappear.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 01:57 PM #3 of 33
I'm a pretty confident person. People usually act surprised.

The only times I am NOT confident is when I am entering a situation where I do not really know whats going on, or I am being led by someone else.

Apart from that, I can genuinely say I am confident in almost every situation. I am usually most confident when I am in the lead, or I am the one making decisions.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 02:02 PM #4 of 33
I used to have a huge amount of self-confidence issues and they were really becoming a problem. After I got sick, all the problems seemed so trivial in comparison and melted away. I still have some things to work through but I'm much farther along then I was.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Baaah~
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 02:12 PM #5 of 33
I used to be confident when I was in elementary school. Other than that, I'm a 10-year pessimist struggling with depression. The only way I can get confident is if I'm focusing on something that I'm extremely interested in. These days, even that seems almost non-existent.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 02:15 PM #6 of 33
I'm pretty much confident about everything except the opposite sex. I'm pretty reclusive since I've had mostly shit luck with them, and the ones I end up liking have usually lumped me into the friend zone by the time I start liking them. It's an endless cycle that wears me out.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 05:38 PM #7 of 33
I have found that over time I have gained more confidence but not super ultra confidenct. Usually, I find myself slacking a bit, thinking "I can't get xyz done or I can't do xyz", which leads me to start thinking the OPPOSITE, usually resulting in fulfilling said goal.

FELIPE NO
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 06:40 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2007, 04:40 PM #8 of 33
I used to be confident when I was in elementary school. Other than that, I'm a 10-year pessimist struggling with depression. The only way I can get confident is if I'm focusing on something that I'm extremely interested in. These days, even that seems almost non-existent.
This is pretty much a perfect description of me. I've been pessimistic for much longer, though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 06:43 PM #9 of 33
Most of the time I'm far from confident. I usually shy away from social contact, and hide in my rez room. However, there are some odd but rare occasions when I break out of that shell and partayy like never beforeee. But ya, I'm usually the quiet guy.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Nov 15, 2007, 06:56 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2007, 06:56 PM #10 of 33
I'll also feel this is the case with me. It seems I've been fairly insecure all along.
I basically feel communicatively detached and cut off from relating to most people. I am fairly certain I have a form of Asperger's. This has made me a bit sullen over the years.

Still as I get older and regardless of situation, confidence is something that must be built. Art has been my main vehicle for expressing myself since kindergarten and I don't think I would've survived without it.

I am also in the process of accepting what I do and don't have and working with it. In the end, my confidence (or lack thereof) and overall pessimism has little bearing on my drive and willingness to overcome it and achieve my personal goals for a better life and perspective.

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 06:59 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2007, 11:59 PM #11 of 33
The only time I have any chance whatsoever of being confident is when I'm drunk. Even then I still find it difficult to be outgoing. Lately I seem to be more inverted than I ever have been. Luckily the internet provides me with anonimity (to a certain point) and as such I can post shit like this.

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 07:16 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2007, 04:16 PM #12 of 33
I'm a rather confident person. There aren't a lot of things that make me nervous except maybe if I have to perform a clinical procedure on someone for the first time. But that would probably only happen if I hadn't mastered the skill as well as I would have wanted to.

But public speaking, participating in group discussions, and other social matters related to that don't really bother me. If anything, public speaking can be exciting for me most of the time.

Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 07:29 PM #13 of 33
Heh.. me, confident? Not at all. I always seem to think what I'm doing and/or what I'm saying is wrong and that others are constantly judging me. Even online I'm somewhat worried about what others'll think of me/my words.

I wish I were the opposite, I really do.

I was speaking idiomatically.
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 08:48 PM #14 of 33
I'm pretty much confident about everything except the opposite sex. I'm pretty reclusive since I've had mostly shit luck with them, and the ones I end up liking have usually lumped me into the friend zone by the time I start liking them. It's an endless cycle that wears me out.
That about describes me. Alot of times people have told me I have to be more confident about women and I feel like saying "You try being confident when previous experience tells you that 10 out of 10 women will reject you no matter what you say or do."

Aside from that I'm highly overconfident, you might even say I have an ego. I mean heck... I sit around thinking about how I could do my Bosses job better then he can.

"Out thought and out fought."
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Nov 15, 2007, 09:04 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2007, 10:04 PM #15 of 33
I feel I'm a very confident person in almost every possible way. I'm not the kind of person that will go up and talk to random people in the street, but that comes more from the fact that I'm a very introverted person, meaning I tend to live in my own world in a sense.

The only times when I can say I may lack confidence is when I have a big assignement due, especially when it comes to composition, though I think that amounts more to stress than lack of confidence.

Most amazing jew boots

Juggle dammit
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 09:13 PM #16 of 33
While my ego has fallen from its galaxy-sized height of back in HS, I'm still quite a confident person. I've always been a high achiever academically and a perfectionist in things I do. I started doing solo musical performances in any number of groups (church ensembles, school, community groups, whatever), which helped a lot too.

The notable exception to my confidence extended through my Freshman year of college with the opposite sex until the day where it finally sunk in to me that it didn't matter what random other people thought of me. Once you're not afraid of looking like an idiot once in a while life gets easier in every regard. No risk, no gain.

Oh, and another tip for those looking to boost your self-confidence: if you can convince yourself that everyone else's opinion is worth less than your own (with a few exceptions always, of course), then ignoring them and not caring about embarrassing yourself becomes a lot easier. I don't recommend that attitude at your job, however.

Max POWER
My style is impetuous

Member 7000

Level 17.86

May 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 09:38 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2007, 08:38 PM #17 of 33
I'm an extremely confident person, both in personality and in what I do. I am Max Biggs, after all. However, I can lose that confidence under the right circumstances. Sometimes, when I continously screw something up and can't seem to get it right, I start to think that I have a severe deficiency in common sense. I also get down sometimes when people explain things to me in great detail, and while explaining decide that they'll just do the task themselves. That's always nice.

Luceid
Persona

Member 127

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 10:33 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2007, 10:33 PM #18 of 33
After I got out of school, my confidence and self esteem have grown to the positive side surprisingly a lot. Back in the day it was quite hard to make friends, participate in groups, and that sort of stuff that required interaction with others.

Sometimes, like Sass posted, I'm not very confident when someone else that I don't know much leads doing whatever it is, or when there's a situation I can't respond to quickly.

I guess I have to thank the two jobs I've had because I had to interact with others, and it wasn't something I could avoid (Airport, being somewhat of a Customer Service Rep being one), eventually learning how to make friends, interact with strangers and the such.

QuentinT
Syklis Green

Member 26171

Level 8.62

Nov 2007

Old Nov 17, 2007, 03:51 AM #19 of 33
Im pretty confident around other people but when its with girls then i feel like the room turned up like 100 degrees.

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2007, 04:59 AM #20 of 33
Extremely confident. It is one of my biggest strengths personality-wise. I never doubt myself, and I always believe that I can achieve anything I set my mind to. I always try to stay motivated in life, and the more motivated I am, the more confident I am.

THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
lightgem
Chocobo

Member 1010

Level 12.35

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2007, 05:50 AM #21 of 33
Heh.. me, confident? Not at all. I always seem to think what I'm doing and/or what I'm saying is wrong and that others are constantly judging me. Even online I'm somewhat worried about what others'll think of me/my words.

I wish I were the opposite, I really do.
Celes, I respect that.
Being an English-as-a-second-language-speaker, I find it hard to approach Caucasian friends. I am most confident when it comes to music, especially soundtracks which I am far less knowledgeable than most of folks here.

Most amazing jew boots
BurningRave
Just A Fire

Member 26250

Level 2.74

Nov 2007

Old Nov 17, 2007, 02:37 PM #22 of 33
I'm confident in knowing that people fuck with me nonstop which keeps me in check with myself. So it's not possible not to be confident.

LordsSword
Banned

Member 18063

Level 13.72

Jan 2007

Old Nov 19, 2007, 11:13 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 10:13 AM #23 of 33
Yeah i'm confident.

My friends would ask me

"Jason How do you take the verbal punishment that you do from folks?"
My reply
"They are the ones with the problem not me, I have more important things to think about."

I spent my entire life being under the gun from my parents and society in general.
From the verbal abuse of my dear old departed father, to the ceaseless attacks from my years in the U.S. education system and the streets of my hood, then to the loving care of drill sergeants in the Army. I have seen and endured many battles.
I know the definition of pariah and always know that wherever I go a kind of stigma follows.
I suppose my confidence comes from the fact that I impact people with my mere presence which puts me in a position of power.

FELIPE NO
Midna
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 18121

Level 20.86

Jan 2007

Old Nov 19, 2007, 11:24 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 09:24 AM 1 #24 of 33
I suppose my confidence comes from the fact that I impact people with my mere presence which puts me in a position of power.

Oh god, this has me laughing so hard I'm in tears. Good one.

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 11:27 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 11:27 PM #25 of 33
Originally Posted by LordsSword
Yeah i'm confident.

My friends would ask me

"Jason How do you take the verbal punishment that you do from folks?"
My reply
"They are the ones with the problem not me, I have more important things to think about."

I spent my entire life being under the gun from my parents and society in general.
From the verbal abuse of my dear old departed father, to the ceaseless attacks from my years in the U.S. education system and the streets of my hood, then to the loving care of drill sergeants in the Army. I have seen and endured many battles.
I know the definition of pariah and always know that wherever I go a kind of stigma follows.
I empathize your situation lordsword. It must be very tough to deal with verbal abuse. Though I havent experienced it, I could imagine how terrible it is, being rejected by someone we supposed to be close to.

You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.

Last edited by eriol33; Nov 19, 2007 at 11:29 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Are you a confident person?