Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Funny things you've yelled in the theater

Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 12:49 PM 8 #1 of 26
Funny things you've yelled in the theater

Now, I know that most of the time it's pretty rude and/or disruptive to yell something during a movie at the theater, but with the right timing and the right crowd, sometimes you can actually get a good laugh out of the audience. What stories of this sort do you have where this worked out, or if you're brave, when it might have even backfired? Use spoiler tags where appropriate if the movie's fairly recent.

For me, the movie was Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. However, it wasn't during the actual movie but during the preview of M. Night Shyamalan's "The Happening". I'm a fan of Robot Chicken, so when the preview finished and showed the release date I exclaimed: "What a twist!" Granted, I think my friend was the only other I could hear laugh to that, but we still chuckle over it now.

Most amazing jew boots

goldsac
Big Ugly Supersized Eating Yutensils

Member 19148

Level 19.34

Feb 2007

Old Jun 26, 2008, 05:08 PM 4 #2 of 26
That's gotta hurt!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Music is a mysterious thing. Sometimes it makes people remember things they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember or not.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 05:18 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2008, 03:18 PM 8 #3 of 26
I don't give a fuck about your comedic timing or your God damned opinion. If you yell during a movie you're a fucking asshole.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 05:19 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2008, 04:19 PM #4 of 26
Now, I know that most of the time it's pretty rude and/or disruptive to yell something during a movie at the theater, but with the right timing and the right crowd, sometimes you can actually get a good laugh out of the audience. What stories of this sort do you have where this worked out, or if you're brave, when it might have even backfired? Use spoiler tags where appropriate if the movie's fairly recent.

For me, the movie was Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. However, it wasn't during the actual movie but during the preview of M. Night Shyamalan's "The Happening". I'm a fan of Robot Chicken, so when the preview finished and showed the release date I exclaimed: "What a twist!" Granted, I think my friend was the only other I could hear laugh to that, but we still chuckle over it now.
So the funniest thing you ever said in a movie, nobody laughed at it. Good job.

That's gotta hurt!
Stop posting.

And Jessy. I'm okay with people talking after a trailer, but if they speak during a movie? Murder.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

LZ
What I'm out for is a good time. All the rest is propaganda.

Member 71

Level 19.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 05:19 PM 1 #5 of 26
A few years back I was sitting in a theater watching Passion of the Christ and a character said something like "there is an uprising," so I yelled out "That's what she said!!"

It was incredibly awesome and the whole theater cracked up, a few people even walked over and high-fived me

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 05:32 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2008, 03:32 PM #6 of 26
And Jessy. I'm okay with people talking after a trailer, but if they speak during a movie? Murder.
Well trailers are one thing. It bothers me if someone is talking really loud during them, but I can get past it.

Actually, that reminds me. One time I did yell during a movie, and it was at these teenagers who kept talking and giggling and doing their stupid teenager shit behind me. I forget what movie it was during, but I turned and said "SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU LITTLE SHITS!"

I got some cheers for that, but no laughs. No laughs at all.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 05:41 PM #7 of 26
Actually, that reminds me. One time I did yell during a movie, and it was at these teenagers who kept talking and giggling and doing their stupid teenager shit behind me. I forget what movie it was during, but I turned and said "SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU LITTLE SHITS!"

I'm with you, woman.

I've done this kind of thing a LOT. Especially when we go to earlier showings of a movie and it's High School Night Out. Their commentary is usually loud and obnoxious, but probably because they're in a large group and forget that there are other people trying to watch a fucking movie.

I have to admit though. We were laughing through most of The Happening and Prince Caspian.

FELIPE NO
goldsac

Member 19148

Level 19.34

Feb 2007

Old Jun 26, 2008, 05:51 PM #8 of 26
Laser guy...we meet again

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Music is a mysterious thing. Sometimes it makes people remember things they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember or not.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 05:56 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2008, 04:56 PM #9 of 26
Laser guy...we meet again
Have you ever actually been clever in your entire life? I'm just curious.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 05:56 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2008, 04:56 PM #10 of 26
Years ago during the first Matrix flick in the intro sequence where Trinity is being chased over the rooftops by the agents I couldn't help but say, "STEP IN TIME! STEP IN TIME!"

Most amazing jew boots
goldsac

Member 19148

Level 19.34

Feb 2007

Old Jun 26, 2008, 06:00 PM #11 of 26
Have you ever actually been clever in your entire life? I'm just curious.
what, is george constanza too passe for you?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 06:05 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2008, 05:05 PM #12 of 26
what, is george constanza too passe for you?
The fact you're trying to pass off Seinfeld as funny/clever is precisely why you aren't.

"That's gotta hurt."

What are you, my dad?

goldsac

Member 19148

Level 19.34

Feb 2007

Old Jun 26, 2008, 06:10 PM #13 of 26
The fact you're trying to pass off Seinfeld as funny/clever is precisely why you aren't.

"That's gotta hurt."

What are you, my dad?

You still must think "that's gotta hurt" is something i actually yelled. I don't yell in theatres - it was just a stupid reference for a stupid thread.

I was speaking idiomatically.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 06:12 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2008, 05:12 PM 1 #14 of 26
You still must think "that's gotta hurt" is something i actually yelled. I don't yell in theatres - it was just a stupid reference for a stupid thread.
So you don't suck at telling jokes in theatres, you suck at telling jokes in threads.

Yeah. That's, uh. That's so much better.

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 06:14 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2008, 04:14 PM #15 of 26
It's a little bit better.

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 06:16 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2008, 05:16 PM #16 of 26
It's a little bit better.
Well I suppose it's less public.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 07:13 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2008, 02:13 AM 2 #17 of 26
I don't give a fuck about your comedic timing or your God damned opinion. If you yell during clap at the end of a movie you're a fucking asshole.
Indeed.

TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 09:38 PM #18 of 26
Normally when I see a movie, I keep my mouth shut so people can hear the movie, and not me. But there was one time I spoke out loud during a movie. I said, "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to step outside of the theater." It just happened that I said this while working at the theater, to a man who had been constantly yelling things during the movie. Like the original poster, I didn't get any laughs when I said this. However, a lot of people in the theater had smiles on their faces when I walked out with that man, so I think what I said went over well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:30 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2008, 12:00 AM #19 of 26
The majority of the time, I never try to speak during the movies because I want to enjoy every bit of the movie. I've only yelled at the theatre once and it was during the movie The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift. I went to see the movie with a few of my friends who were Initial D fans. At the very end of the movie when Vin Diesel made his cameo at the end. We were chanting Bunta with a few other people as well. A tell tale sign of being a loser right there, but it was still a good laugh.

I really hate it when people talk during the movie, because I paid money to watch a movie, not to listen to other people talk. I'm not one to tell people off, but my fiance on the other hand is not afraid to tell someone to shut up if they talk during a movie.

How ya doing, buddy?
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:15 PM 1 #20 of 26
I yelled "fire."

It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Minoko
夢唄

Member 1108

Level 18.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:20 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2008, 12:20 PM #21 of 26
I am not really one to shout during a movie but..a friend of mine did shout during a movie. I think it was the movie Kingdom of Heaven...there was a scene where a guy was slashed and he gets thrown backwards...face moving so that you could see his agony...my friend shouted.."10 seconds of fame!!"....Now that I think about it...I don't know why I laughed O.o

Most amazing jew boots

from the makers of Death Note!! Bakuman.
Am happy..because AgitoXIII and Parasite Eve 3 is a comin to the PSP!!
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2008, 03:34 AM 2 #22 of 26
"EVERYBODY HISS!" *hissssss*

(Snakes on a Plane anyone?)

waycoolguy
Level 4 Badass

Member 31158

Level 3.52

Jul 2008

Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:04 AM 1 #23 of 26
I don't yell during the movie, except at those people who find it necessary to bring laser pointers and talk really loud. At the end of a movie I like to stand up and clap really loud and say, "Lets talk about what we liked and disliked about the movie!".

Most amazing jew boots
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2008, 01:57 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2008, 11:57 PM 1 #24 of 26
I like watching movies by myself or, at the very least, with a very small group of people in the theater, preferably spread apart so that I can concentrate on the movie. The trailers, I can understand because at least you can hope (sometimes successfully) that certain audience members will get that urge to yell shit out at random out of their system before the movie starts. As it just so happens, I'm one of these assholes who sometimes needs to purge a stupid comment. One such instance was when we went to see Transformers to a packed house on a midnight showing and one of the pre-show spots was an anti-drug commercial. But not just any drug commercial...

...TALKING DOG ANTI-DRUG COMMERCIAL!

I remember sitting agape when that spot played and it took what seemed like a good 15-20 seconds before the next spot started and the only thing I said out loud was, "What. A whiny bitch. You're just pissed because she didn't smoke you out.", to which a radius of 3 rows broke out into laughter over. Most things aren't always that successful but that one was the most recent one I could think of.

You know, I always read sprout saying, "OH WOW MOVIES WITH A CROWD FUCKING WIN AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION RAH RAH RAH."

Man, FUCK. THAT. SHIT.

Last week I went to see Wall-E for a matinee show. The theater was kinda dead so I sat in the middle. Soon after I made myself comfortable, a family of 6 came in and sat down 3 rows in front of me and quieted down as the movie started. Then a group of 6 kids about high school age who probably haven't been blown by their moms yet sat down DIRECTLY BEHIND ME. OK... There's plenty of room in the theater, but you sit BEHIND ME.

It's OK. I can deal with this.

20 minutes into the movie these cockless prats still won't shut the fuck and, since they were cursing quite out loud even the family sitting 3 rows in front of me could hear them and I would occassionally see the dad turning around as if to tell them to shut up. Yet he said nothing.

Finally, I took initiative and since I figured the kids had already heard enough profanity I figured a couple more expletives weren't going to traumatize them for life. I just turned and said in a coarse undertone, "Are you niggers in an Oakland theater or what? SHUT THE FUCK UP, ALREADY."

Didn't hear a peep out of them after that because they left the theater.

After the movie was over I caught the family that sat a few rows ahead and apologized to the family for using profanity around their children but the dad just said, "It's alright. I was getting tired of those punk kids."

So was I, kind sir. So was I.

How ya doing, buddy?
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2008, 02:47 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2008, 06:17 PM 3 #25 of 26
People in Australia don't yell things out during films. So I guess I have no story about anything funny or witty that I've yelled, I do however have a story pretty similar to your second story, Ence.

I would have been about 16 at the time and me and my girlfriend at the time were seeing Honey (not my choice, I just wanted to get laid). The cinema was basically empty except for about 2 other guys about my age. We were making out uninterrupted for basically the entire movie, then the guys must have gotten full of their popcorn and started throwing it at us. I ignored it at the girlfriends request for a while, but after about 5 minutes and the seemingly infinite stream of popcorn was still being throw, I stood up. Looking at these kids they were about my age, but about half my size and typical wigger types.

"Sit down, faggot. You're blocking the movie." One of them says.
"Step up, faggot. Or stop throwing popcorn." I reply.
"We weren't throwing popcorn!"

I could see I wasn't going to get anywhere so I sat back down. More popcorn was thrown. I led my girlfriend out of the cinema to the jeers and laughter of the fags. Once we were out I told her not to follow me back in. I returned and was greeted by some sarcastic cheering and taunts from the boys. They stood up, walked towards me and both started pushing me. It was pretty pathetic and they could see that I wasn't going to back down so one of them threw the first punch. It hit me in the ear which hurt like a bitch afterwards. I retailiated by hitting one of them right in the jaw and the other in the nose. The guy who I hit in the nose ran off, I don't know where. The other gained composure and tried to roundhouse kick me or something, I can't really remember, but I know he missed and fell over. After which I laughed and made my exit with my lady.

I was my first real fight, and still probably one of my most satisfying, despite being so short. Also that night, I had my first sober sexual encounter. Awesome day.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Funny things you've yelled in the theater