Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Learning About Torrent

nanashiusako
Good Chocobo

Member 4749

Level 17.91

Apr 2006

Old May 25, 2007, 10:26 AM #1 of 4
Learning About Torrent

I want to learn all about torrents! I use a MAC, and I downloaded a program called tomato or something. I want to learn how to "seed", too. That means people can download from you, right? Help?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2007, 10:44 AM #2 of 4
I've just been experimenting with this myself; I found a version of BitTorrent for OS X and was able to figure out how to download, but not to seed.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nanashiusako
Good Chocobo

Member 4749

Level 17.91

Apr 2006

Old May 25, 2007, 11:32 AM #3 of 4
It looks like with this program it automatically sets you up to upload, too, because I have a download stat and an upload stat. Why does all this have to be so complicated? lol

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2007, 12:07 PM #4 of 4
I want to learn all about torrents! I use a MAC, and I downloaded a program called tomato or something. I want to learn how to "seed", too. That means people can download from you, right? Help?
In order to seed, or upload in general, you use the magical process of nothing.

See, with BitTorrent, it will automatically start uploading what chunks you have of the total stuff you're downloading (I say "chunks," because they don't have to be whole files, they're usually portions of a file.)

And that's all I'll tell you, because Google and Wikipedia will tell you everything you need to know.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Learning About Torrent