Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

ZegaPain

B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 09:20 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 03:20 PM #1 of 18
ZegaPain

Title: ZEGAPAIN
Japanese title: ZEGAPAIN -ゼーガペイン-
Genres: Mecha, Romance, Science Fiction
Episode titles: 4+
Vintage: 2006-04-06
Opening Theme: "Kimi he Mukau Hikari" by Akino Arai
Ending Theme: "Little Goodbye" by ROCKY CHACK
Official website: http://www.zegapain.net/
Category: TV
Studio: Sunrise

Quote:
Kyo was an active boy who goes to a high school near Maihama, Chiba prefecture. He was sending busy school days of love and friendships. He had been just a normal boy until he met a transfer student Shizuno. His fate was changed dramatically by the encounter with her; he was involved in the fights between big robots in another world.

Undergoing the numerous fights, he began to have several questions. Being in agony, he devoted himself into the war to save himself and his friends.
Just watched first episode and I have to say that it's mix of Zone of the Enders and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Lots of action and nice special effects. Everyone will find something for him.

Can't wait for another episode. So far only one SubFan team is translating it:
[Megami] Zegapain - 01 [58C71CEA]

P.S
X360 will gona get the game based on it... screens look awesome!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4

Last edited by B4-Hunter; Apr 10, 2006 at 09:30 AM.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:03 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 11:03 PM #2 of 18
I had heard about this but wasn't too sure if it was worth seeing. Another dimension, huh? Maybe I'll go check it out. It's been a while since I've seen some mecha action, though I heard it's not so much heavy duty robots but mostly hard-light constructs and holograms?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 02:16 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 08:16 PM #3 of 18
Yeah it's like they are playing in some sort of game called ZegaPain. It's only one episode so it's hard to say more but I was shocked with effect on the first 60 sec of this episode. Rest is cool to. Can't wait for more!!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 11:55 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 12:55 AM #4 of 18
First episode was pretty cool, though a lot of questions were raised for me; such as who was the gunner shown in the very beginning?
Spoiler:
It looks like it's Kyo, but the Kyo we're introduced to has no knowledge of being a Zegapain pilot. Yet he somehow takes to piloting Zegapain Antilles with almost no problems. The others recognize him (pilots, officers and a few others - even other students). What happened to him?

And why has Megami-subs decided to only release episodes in MP4 instead of avi?! I downloaded episode 2 and only got visual with really crappy audio. VLC didn't work and Windows Media Player won't even recognize it. Media Player Classic can show picture but no sound.

Not a bad series from first impressions, but unless they release episodes in a more agreeable format I guess I won't be following this series at all from now on.

Most amazing jew boots
Old Apr 20, 2006, 04:32 PM #5 of 18
Me thinks you need to get better codec pack or something, hikarub.

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 07:38 PM #6 of 18
Quote:
Just watched first episode and I have to say that it's mix of Zone of the Enders and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Lots of action and nice special effects.
Sold. I'm going to go download this RIGHT NOW.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

DarknessTear
Metal Overman King Gainer

Member 2520

Level 14.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 08:27 PM #7 of 18
Don't count on it being like NGE. If it was, I'd hate it immediately. Fact is, the main character isn't a whiny piece of shit.

FELIPE NO
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 08:28 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 09:28 AM #8 of 18
Originally Posted by a_rse_bandit
Me thinks you need to get better codec pack or something, hikarub.
Well, I'm already using CCCP so I'm not sure what else I could install. I hear that VLC is the player of choice but so far no go.

:1zhelp:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 05:31 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 08:31 PM #9 of 18
Originally Posted by DarknessTear
Don't count on it being like NGE. If it was, I'd hate it immediately. Fact is, the main character isn't a whiny piece of shit.
He's more of an anti-Shinji. I've downloaded episode two, which I think I'll have to watch, but at the moment this is the closest one I'm thinking of dropping out of the anime I'm watching right now. I'll give it 3 more eps before I decide though, to give it a fair chance.

But, yeah, its a nice change to have a non emo powered robot, in fact, that seems to be more common lately. Thank god.

B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 02:50 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 08:50 PM #10 of 18
[Megami] ZegaPain - 02 [9433FCF7]

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 01:13 AM Local time: Jun 8, 2006, 02:13 PM #11 of 18
Just watched episode 4. The story has gotten along pretty nicely with me, and the action just doesn't seem to let up. Just gotta wait for Megami to release episodes 5 and 6 in .avi format.

Spoiler:
Looks like Kyo's gonna have some problems, since he still thinks he's playing one big cool game. Despite his not having his memories, it seems the other pilots aren't giving him any more slack, as is evident by Lucien punching him after the mission. I felt sorry for the girls who lost the Shanghai server, even though I'm still not completely sure what the significance of the server was. Information, or entire lives were stored inside (their family)? I would really like to know more.....

Cool series so far.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 03:41 AM Local time: Jun 8, 2006, 09:41 AM #12 of 18
Originally Posted by hikarub
Just watched episode 4. The story has gotten along pretty nicely with me, and the action just doesn't seem to let up. Just gotta wait for Megami to release episodes 5 and 6 in .avi format.

Spoiler:
Looks like Kyo's gonna have some problems, since he still thinks he's playing one big cool game. Despite his not having his memories, it seems the other pilots aren't giving him any more slack, as is evident by Lucien punching him after the mission. I felt sorry for the girls who lost the Shanghai server, even though I'm still not completely sure what the significance of the server was. Information, or entire lives were stored inside (their family)? I would really like to know more.....

Cool series so far.

Yeah It's quite weird that making AVI version take so much time for them... how they will release it and don't stick only with MP4.

How ya doing, buddy?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 05:13 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 06:13 PM #13 of 18
Cool. Just saw upto episode 11. The story is really picking up, and some of the stuff they throw at you........ *whistles*

Spoiler:
The biggest bombshell was of course that humanity no longer exists. The world was invaded and mankind wiped off the face of the Earth. However, information and data was able to survive and now what's left of humanity fight against the Gards-Orm as data and holographic constructs. People are only bits of data and seem to live normal lives inside "servers" that contain digital versions of ruined towns and cities. The 2 chinese girls lost the "Shanghai Server" and everything that was contained within, including their friends and family. Kyo finally understands this when one of the girls shows him the server for his hometown, the "Maihama Server".

With Arque, we discover a new shocking revelation. During data transfers (when pilots are transfered between the "real" world and the "digital" world, or when transfered during or after "entanglements") not every piece of data makes it.....a small amount is always lost. Parts of the body lost during transfer is called "Dry Damage" and can usually be replaced. However, memory data loss is called "Wet Damage" and is irreplaceable. During one such transfer during an entanglement, Arque suffered huge dry and wet damage. Most of her memory was largely left intact, but she didn't have long to "live".

Kyo realizes that he also suffers from this. Shizuno tells him he was reborn, but suffers memory loss. So he knows how to pilot the Zegapain, but doesn't remember how or why. We also learn from Shizuno and Arque's converstaion that Kyo and Shizuno were lovers, but after Kyo's rebirth he forgot everything. Kyo now has feelings for his friend Kaminagi, who also shows signs of "waking" and could become a celebrant like Kyo and Shizuno.

The show has been awesome so far, and I can't wait for the next episode.

Anyone else still following the series?

Most amazing jew boots
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:02 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 03:02 PM #14 of 18
Originally Posted by hikarub
Anyone else still following the series?

I sure do!! It's getting more and more interesting =) Fights are quite effective but most of the things are repeating from earlier episodes. Can't wait for more!!

Bonus:
[Nipponsei] Zegapain Original Soundtrack 1 has been released not long ago so any one that's watching the anime should get it. It contains music from battles and normal scenes so everyone will have something for him. Music mainly composed by Otsuka Ayako.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by B4-Hunter; Jul 13, 2006 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:33 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2006, 08:33 PM #15 of 18
Hey, this thread does still exist.

I had to revive it, because I just watched episode 13.
Spoiler:
Kaminagi, nooooooo! ;__;

I guess anyone who is still watching this series would still be way ahead of me, because I forgot about it for a while and am still catching up. But still, this show is turning out to be much better than I anticipated.

How ya doing, buddy?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 04:53 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 05:53 PM #16 of 18
Unfortunately, I am no longer watching this. I got up to episode 14 and waited over a month before coming to the dull realization that Megami aren't planning to release any more episodes in avi format (they've released upto episode 23 in mp4).

It was good and pretty interesting as well while it lasted, but waiting for them to release the episodes in a format that I could watch eventually took it's toll. I just can't be bothered to watch this series anymore.

I wonder how many other people, if any, have been put out by this?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 06:20 AM #17 of 18
I've watched through about 5 episodes of this so far, and I can't really say I'm enjoying it. Kyo doesn't seem emo or angsty or anything, which is very good, but he just seems to be more clueless, constantly missing out on what's really happening. There are also a ton of characters and plot details already, a lot of both characters and plot points introduced with little explanation, leaving me very confused so far. The special effects are amazingly wonderful, but I haven't noticed any clear defined enemies in the show yet. Every action scene just seems packed with arbitrary things, as 12 random enemy robots appear, and he has 12:37 to fight them, but only has 62% fuel left, all of which are pulled out of thin air. If the series manages to get some kind of defined antagonist later on, I might keep watching, as I'm sure explanations will come for everything further down the line. If not, I'll stop watching, because this anime hasn't been all too interesting so far.

Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 03:22 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 12:22 PM #18 of 18
Why can't you watch mp4 files Hikarub? Nevermind, I saw your other posts. That's weird you are having trouble with mp4s even with CCCP. I guess you might want to try installing ffdshow and haali media splitter seperately, but other than that I have no idea.

And don't worry TheKnightOfNee, the plot picks up a lot. The whole point is that you follow Kyo's perspective throughout the story. At first, he thinks it's just a game, and doesn't think about it any more. But before long, he starts trying to figure out the truth, and that's when you really start to find out what's going on.

A lot of new questions pop up as old ones are answered, but all in all they do a very good job moving the plot along with some very good twists. I've seen through 23 now, and I'm hoping that the ending will be as good as the rest of the show. I wasn't expecting that much when I started watching this, but I am most definately hooked now.

Last edited by Animechanic; Oct 16, 2006 at 06:24 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > ZegaPain