Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Nana TV series

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 06:12 AM #1 of 23
Nana TV series

Quote:
On board the train to Tokyo to meet her boyfriend Shoji, Nana Komatsu ("Hachi") happened to sit beside Nana Osaki who was traveling to Tokyo to fulfill her dreams of becoming a musician. The vocalist for her punk band "Blast", Nana aims for a major debut for "Blast" in Tokyo where her boyfriend, Ren, is the guitarist for a popular band "Trapnest". Sharing the same name "Nana", both girls quickly form a bond of friendship. Their paths cross again when they encounter each other while searching for accomodation in Tokyo. Eventually they decide to live together in the same unit and this further strengthens their bondage as the two "Nana(s)" go through their love lives and career.

summary by anime news network

My download for the first episode is almost finished. I heard alot of good things about the manga. Didn't want to read it til i seen anime of it. When i saw the opening to this, it looks amazing so far. Here's the first episode subbed by Live-Evil. The quality and subtitles are good.

edit : Im very amazed by the story so far. I hope to see some more good things about this.

http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/[L...01.avi.torrent

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by chato; Apr 9, 2006 at 07:55 AM.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 12:16 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 09:16 AM #2 of 23
I saw the live action movie and read the first volume of the manga only. The movie was very interesting and I enjoyed how the actors and actresses matched the appearance of the manga characters.

I'm looking forward to this first episode.

How ya doing, buddy?
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 04:12 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 03:12 PM #3 of 23
i've read the first vol of the manga online a while back and thought it was great then i heard about the LA movie that had one my favorite J-pop singers in it which made me more and more interested in it so for sure im looking forward to anime series

that reminds me i gotta pick up the manga in english *gotta support the artist*

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 02:58 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 03:58 PM #4 of 23
Hmm, somehow I like this drawn version better than the live action...

But ya, Nana is not just a common shoujou love/comedy story. I really enjoy reading it!

I think up to date, Manga chapter release is up to Vol 13 Chap 48

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 08:06 PM #5 of 23
Hello_Kitty
Chocobo

Member 291

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 07:21 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 02:21 PM #6 of 23
wow nearly nobody talking about this superb anime, i thought it was extermely popular

well, so far 15 episodes have been subbed http://www.iy4ever.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=3

the quality of this anime is fantastic, they have really put some effort into it; and the way feelings are expressed is very realistic

i sometimes compare it to BECK > the music in NANA is really good, while the anime is not 100% music oriented, they have put up some decent music

Most amazing jew boots
Tiptoe down To the holy places
Where you going now Don't turn around

Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 09:32 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 12:32 PM #7 of 23
I heard about it yeasterday and I saw a lot of good reviews for it, so I decided to download. But the fansub I'm getting it from has only batches of episodes now, so I'm getting the first 6 in a row.
I hope it's good. (It seems to be)

FELIPE NO
KazeJiyuu
Demon Dog

Member 8484

Level 4.94

Jun 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:34 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 01:34 PM #8 of 23
I'm glad that Nana is reciving a decent tratament in anime form.
I would die if they changed anything from the manga, just to make the anime "new."

And anyone knows the name of Yasu seiyuu?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 02:04 PM #9 of 23
I started NANA when KazeNoKoe subbed it, since I was late to catch it, and my friend asked me if I watched it about thrice, so it stuck in my mind.
I'm a sucker for destiny/fate kind of things as well as total opposites.
Of course I like the punk Nana better than the bubbly Nana, and at episode 08, I admire both of their stories so far.

Hello_Kitty
Chocobo

Member 291

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 02:14 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 09:14 PM #10 of 23
Originally Posted by KazeJiyuu
And anyone knows the name of Yasu seiyuu?
http://tsudaken.com/

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%B4%...AC%A1%E9%83%8E

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tiptoe down To the holy places
Where you going now Don't turn around

Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 11:48 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2006, 02:48 PM #11 of 23
I'm liking this anime. It's kind of warm and has a good feel in it. The characters relashionship is good and gets better with each episode.

Spoiler:
It is really sad that flashback of Nana about the guy the "used" her.
If wish there will be more intense moments like that

Most amazing jew boots
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 11:57 AM #12 of 23
The show is goooood.
KnKF is going too slow for me and IY's subs are pretty good. Up to episode 16 now =)
Ep12 spoilers
Spoiler:
OMG. Damn that Sachiko. I didn't like her the moment I saw her. I also never thought Shouji would get with her.

How ya doing, buddy?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 01:06 PM #13 of 23
Spoiler:
Sachiko's cool and innocent. When it comes down to it, Nana
(hachiko) is a slut after all ^^;

In the end, Every character looks like they blaze a little too much XD.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 01:24 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2006, 12:24 PM #14 of 23
Quote:
Eventually they decide to live together in the same unit and this further strengthens their bondage as the two "Nana(s)" go through their love lives and career.
Sounds like my kinda show.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 09:15 AM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 06:15 AM #15 of 23
The Nana manga is extremely popular in Asia, I would know cause I'm from Hong Kong.

Since I own 14 volumes of the Chinese version of the Manga, I'm glad that the anime is near 100% faithful to it, unlike other manga to anime adaptions... (Sailor Moon, Ick.)

So far, I love it.

FELIPE NO

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 03:32 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 02:32 AM #16 of 23
the anime fansubs has now went over what the live action movie covered
NOW im happy its good shit i own all the vols that been release in the US and plan to collect all of it

How ya doing, buddy?
zerosconcubine
Leader of the Zer0 Unit

Member 4982

Level 2.12

Apr 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 03:49 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 12:49 AM #17 of 23
This series is by far, one of the most decent shojo mangs that have been presented in awhile. The character devolopement is very real, and the sitautions are actualy more plausable then majority of the shojo stories they have out on the market.

After watching the live action movie, I was enthralled when I heard about the anime series. So, I downloaded the first episode, and it I was not dissapointed. The only problem I had, was that they kind of started out with the movie effect, insted of just going by what was origionaly presented in the manga. But they shortly went back to the story, so I cannot complain. Over all, its a wonderful series. The opening song is very fitting, and the voice actresses did a wonderful job on the characters. I can't wait to see more.

On another note: Did you know they are planning on making a second NANA movie? The only problem is Hachi's actress might be replaced. That kind of made me sad. I adored her as Hachi

Last edited by zerosconcubine; Aug 13, 2006 at 03:51 AM.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 03:57 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 10:57 AM #18 of 23
Originally Posted by zerosconcubine
On another note: Did you know they are planning on making a second NANA movie? The only problem is Hachi's actress might be replaced. That kind of made me sad. I adored her as Hachi
I wanted to kick her in the face half of the time she was on screen. I guess she was supposed to be annoying, but damn.

I watched the movie and the first twelve-or-so episodes of the series. It was okay, typical girlie story. May be worth watching for the character designs (though it's no Paradise Kiss) and rocker Nana.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
zerosconcubine
Leader of the Zer0 Unit

Member 4982

Level 2.12

Apr 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 04:12 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 01:12 AM #19 of 23
Originally Posted by Aardork
I wanted to kick her in the face half of the time she was on screen. I guess she was supposed to be annoying, but damn.

I watched the movie and the first twelve-or-so episodes of the series. It was okay, typical girlie story. May be worth watching for the character designs (though it's no Paradise Kiss) and rocker Nana.
True, but I am the sort of person who gets attached to the first set of actors who play the cast. And the character designs are very nice to look at. I still have yet to see Paradise Kiss. My friends rave about it, yet it never really appealed to me. I guess it was the whole fashion concept. At the time I was presented with the series, I wasn't really into the whole fashion thing. But I will definatly have to take a look at it, if you say its better then the NANA series.

How ya doing, buddy?
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 10:22 PM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 09:22 PM #20 of 23
im a big fan of Parakiss but nana is better comparing the two
maybe cause it has more episodes? or is it cause it has more drama?
eh who knows :X

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
xen0phobia
Chocobo

Member 503

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 12:05 AM #21 of 23
Quote:
But I will definatly have to take a look at it, if you say its better then the NANA series.
In my opinion, it isn't better. I prefer NANA but that might have to do with the fact that i really didn't like the character designs in paradise kiss. Sometimes that can make all the difference.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 01:14 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 10:14 PM #22 of 23
Originally Posted by zerosconcubine
This series is by far, one of the most decent shojo mangs that have been presented in awhile. The character devolopement is very real, and the sitautions are actualy more plausable then majority of the shojo stories they have out on the market.

After watching the live action movie, I was enthralled when I heard about the anime series. So, I downloaded the first episode, and it I was not dissapointed. The only problem I had, was that they kind of started out with the movie effect, insted of just going by what was origionaly presented in the manga. But they shortly went back to the story, so I cannot complain. Over all, its a wonderful series. The opening song is very fitting, and the voice actresses did a wonderful job on the characters. I can't wait to see more.

The first episode had to sum up what the series was gonna be about, since not all viewers had read the manga, then they can go back to what happen to the girls BEFORE they met, if they had done what the manga did, it wouldn't have interested them, the first episode its basically a first impression and a starting point on what the series is about.

And yes, Hachi and Ren were replaced due to coporation incompetatance. Read about it here.

http://www.nana-nana.net/index.html

Quote:
NANA the Movie 2
Yui Ichikawa Replaces Aoi Miyazaki

Toho officially announced that for the upcoming movie sequel "NANA 2," the role of Komatsu Nana will be taken over by Yui Ichikawa (age 20). Formerly, the role of Komatsu Nana in the 4 billion yen hit "NANA 1," starred Aoi Miyazaki.

The project is from the work of Ai Yazawa's popular manga, which tells the story of friendship and love between two girls. Mika Nakashima (age 23) keeps her role as Oosaki Nana in the sequel "NANA 2." However, there is another replacement in the cast, other than Aoi Miyazaki. Oosaki Nana's sweetheart Ren, will now be played by Nobuo Kyou (age 27), rather than Ryuhei Matsuda (age 23).

TBS producers explained that the decision for switching out cast members had to be done, because there were conflicts in the members' schedules. So in order to meet fan demand, replacing cast members had to be done. Yui Ichikawa expresses, "I grew up to Ai Yazawa's manga. I want to love, enjoy, and perform Hachi for myself."

Director Kentarou Ootani, who has worked with Yui Ichikawa before on "Rough," states that, "She has lovely performance skills. I immediately agreed with her for Hachi's role." He announced that filming for the movie will begin in mid-September. Some scenes are even going to be filmed in London! The presentation for the movie will be held on December 9th. Director Kentarou Ootani assure fans that he will do his best, in filming this last installment to the live-movie version of "NANA."

So far, Mika Nakashima, Tetsuji Tamayama, Hiroki Narimiya, Kenichi Matsuyama, and Yuna Ito have been announced as having secured roles in the upcoming "NANA 2" movie.

[ Note from Lisa: ] The whole "schedule conflict" explanation by the TBS producer, was only a "half truth." Remember that article I wrote about contract issues involving Aoi Miyazaki?

http://www.nana-nana.net/news76.html

My source told me that Aoi wasn't the only actor/actress that they did that to on cast. Apparently at the time when the sequel was announced for "NANA the Movie," the only cast member that got resigned (at that time) was Mika Nakashima. (Which was how my source knew the whole "Mika quits!" thing was false.) Because TBS had so much control of actors and actresses in the industry, they got a big head and just made the announcement of "NANA 2," without securing a contract with the rest of the cast. In Mika Nakashima's situation, it was different because she was a singer and not a actress. TBS producers knew that they needed her (and her songs), so at the time, the only contract they secured was with Mika Nakashima.

Also, my source emailed me two weeks ago with the reasons why Yui Ichikawa got the role of Komatsu Nana in "NANA 2." TBS struck a deal with Yui Ichikawa's management company; That in exchange for more projects with Yutaka Takenouchi, Misaki Ito, and Takashi Sorimachi, TBS will sign Yui Ichikawa for the role of Komatsu Hachi. Even when a lot of people working on the production, thought Yui Ichikawa was unsuitable for the role. So there you have it! Isn't the entertainment industry like a game of Chess...?

I know a lot of people aren't happy with the switches. But PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT rag on the actors and actresses. Its hardly their fault for decisions that are made. Mostly management companies and the production companies make these choices. So please encourage Yui Ichikawa and Nobuo Kyou in their upcoming roles. Positive voices can make for positive outcome. And who knows? Maybe "NANA 2" will even be a bigger hit.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2007, 03:55 AM Local time: Jun 27, 2007, 02:55 AM #23 of 23
the end of the season (at least fansubbed) is closing in
hopefully its picked up for another season or i'm gonna have to go back to the manga soon so much drama left to see.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Nana TV series