Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

In need of some funny books to read

gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2008, 02:15 PM #1 of 10
In need of some funny books to read

I'm not the read kinda guy, but I do occasional read books. But I've probably haven't picked up a real book since highschool or something.

I do like short and crazy books, like how to beat down a bear. I once had the ebook "How to Mow the Lawn" by Sam Martin, but I've lost it.

Anyways, I would like recommendations to similar books.
Thank you.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2008, 02:23 PM Local time: Jan 16, 2008, 09:23 PM 1 #2 of 10
I read the title, thought "Terry Pratchett", read your post... Paused and then thought about something like "Real Ultimate Power" and "Great lies to tell kids".
But really, read Terry Pratchett. Discworld is great fun.

How ya doing, buddy?

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2008, 02:25 PM Local time: Jan 16, 2008, 01:25 PM 1 #3 of 10
I read this book once:

It's been a while since I read it, but I distinctly remember that it was short and pretty crazy.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nitsu
Clearly Psycho

Member 148

Level 5.35

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2008, 02:19 PM #4 of 10
Christopher Moore is a writer of absurdist fiction, I enjoy his books a lot.

Janet Evanovich's "Stephanie Plum" series is pretty funny in the absurd situations she gets/finds herself in.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Jan 17, 2008, 02:36 PM #5 of 10
If you want some blatantly 'laugh out loud' ridiculous (and not appropriate for proper company) stories, you can read Tucker Max's I Hope they Serve Beer in Hell. Buying his book isnt really necessary though, because you can read most of his stories at his website.

Another couple books that can be amusing are Aaron Karo's Ruminations on College Life and Ruminations on Twentysomething Life. I suppose that the key to what makes these books funny is that the reader has usually gone through what he's joking about.

I cant think of anything else right now, but if I do, I'll post it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
whinehurst
It's a Psudonym.

Member 9766

Level 14.57

Jul 2006

Old Jan 17, 2008, 02:56 PM #6 of 10
I read this book once:

It's been a while since I read it, but I distinctly remember that it was short and pretty crazy.
I lolled at this. knkwzrd, you're my new smart-ass role model

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Syndrome
Esper

Member 211

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:24 PM Local time: Jan 17, 2008, 10:24 PM #7 of 10
I read the title, thought "Terry Pratchett", read your post... Paused and then thought about something like "Real Ultimate Power" and "Great lies to tell kids".
But really, read Terry Pratchett. Discworld is great fun.
Seconded!
I love Pratchett's way of telling his stories in a very funny way but still keeping it a great story. I recommend his book 'Mort', it's short and great.

FELIPE NO

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:05 PM #8 of 10
"Deliberate Acts of Meanness" is a funny and thick (but little) book that offers a small tip on each page on how to be a meaner person. They range from tame to cruel, some examples including putting your ringtone as a buzzing insect on infinite loop and keeping it inaccessible, or telling a person who asks for the time, the time for an hour ago.

An even funnier book that takes literally less than a minute to flip through and read was one that I think was called Baby Dos and Dont's. It has a built in spinner with the roulette choices being father or mother. It's thick looking because it's made of a cardboard-like texture those primary schoolers books may have. It's basically a book of illustrations showing at you should and shouldn't do with your baby. eg. Do give the baby milk from mom's breast, don't let the baby suck on dad's hairy nipple.

If you want an actual book rather than mere humorous quips, then the Zombie Survival Guide is the best way to go, although I don't know i it's short enough.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:31 PM Local time: Jan 17, 2008, 04:31 PM #9 of 10
Fyodor Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment is a laugh riot. It's no Tucker Max, but it's damn close!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:42 PM Local time: Jan 17, 2008, 07:42 PM #10 of 10
I thought The Alphabet of Manliness was pretty hilarious, and the best part about it is that you can read through one letter, and then set it down for another time without missing anything, or forgetting where you had been.

Extreme immature content, however, and does involve such topics as child abuse, beef jerky, and office zombies.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > In need of some funny books to read