Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

This Week In Comics (for July 26, 2006)

xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 04:02 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 04:02 PM #1 of 8
This Week In Comics (for July 26, 2006)

Comics I'm getting this week:

1)52 Week 12
2)Action Comics #841
3)Amazing Spider-Man #534 (Civil War tie-in)
4)Annihilation: Ronan #4
5)Batman #655
6)Black Panther #18 (Civil War tie-in)
7)Blue Bettle #5
8)Captain America #20
9)Civil War: Front Line #4
10)Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1
11)Crisis Aftermath: The Spectre #3
12)Daredevil #87
13)Exiles #84
14)Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere #8
15)New Avengers #22 (Civil War tie-in)
16)Spawn #158
17)Storm #6
18)Supergirl #8
19)Wizard Magazine #179
20)Wolverine #44 (Civil War tie-in)
21)X-MEN #189
------
Gee wiz, another heavy week. I still have 18 comics from last week to read. I need a light week. I'm going to try to get the Michael Turner variant to Black Panter #18. Storm and the Black Panter get married in the issue. It's a Civil War tie-in. I think Captain America and Iron Man are both going to be at the wedding. I have NOT read Civil War #3 yet, I'm sure the two get into it, but don't spoil it for me please. Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere is taking a long time to finish.

xman25

How ya doing, buddy?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Black Panther #18 Turner Variant.jpg (41.4 KB, 17 views)
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 09:08 PM #2 of 8
As usual, all of the Civil War stuff has me interested. I can't wait to read the new developments. Daredevil 87 is definitely going to be the best book of the week.

On the DC side of things, Batman and 52 should be ok. I'm hoping that Superman remains interesting after Up, Up and Away. Jack of Fables is on my list as well (I have lots of Fables to catch up on though...).

I've got to try to get back into Exiles. The book had a great run, but then I lost interest in it as they dragged the World Tour on and on and on and on.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:45 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 09:45 PM #3 of 8
The book I'm most pumped about is easily Batman #655. Morrison and Kubert on a Batman book? Morrison writing Batman again. For the WIN!

New Avengers (although I hope the guy doing the art from the last issue is gone. It was shit.) and Frontline will also be picked up. Wizard too. Aside from that, it's a slow week.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 03:19 PM #4 of 8
I think we're definitely getting four of those comics in this house. A few of the others may make it, depending on what's in them.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 06:15 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 06:15 PM #5 of 8
I also got Ant #7. Didn't know it was coming out this week until I got to the store. Ant #6 came out two or three weeks ago. This has got to be a record for Image, they usually take for ever to get their issues out. 22 books this week. I did manage to get the variant cover to Black Panter #18. I also got the variant cover to Batman #655. It was done by Adam Kubert.

xman25

I was speaking idiomatically.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:23 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 09:23 PM #6 of 8
Nothing really appealed much to me this week. Front Line, of course, but I was just filling out a few more just to read. Picked up Amazing Spider-Man and Young Avengers/Runaways too.

I dunno, if I want more for later I might go back and pick up something, but I dunno. Missed Cable and Deadpool last week (they had run out by the time I got there) so I might pick up that, I dunno, a *shrug* week for me. Batman #655 looked neat too.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
and Brandy does her best to understand
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 06:12 AM #7 of 8
You all need to read Daredevil. It's ridiculously good. The best book on the market.

Most amazing jew boots

joshi
be a man!

Member 1901

Level 8.73

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:02 AM #8 of 8
ASM 334 was a little disappointing. I guess because at this point, I don't really want to see Peter throw down with whoever (I won't spoil it), I want to see him dealing with life in the public eye. although, I guess that's where SSM has me covered.
Frontline 4 was cool. I wish that Embedded lasted longer in the issues. the Speedball story gets better and better each issue.
Black Panther 18 is good. I've never read Black Panther before but I don't think I'd mind picking it up again (unlike She-Hulk, another book I bought only because it was a Civil War tie-in).
Wolverine 44 was pretty cool. I wish Wolverine hadn't been naked the whole time though. this is the second book this week that's showing that Namor has some involvement in Civil War, so I wonder where they're going with this.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > This Week In Comics (for July 26, 2006)