Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Caffeine Jitters

brknredcrayon
meh..

Member 4079

Level 7.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 06:20 PM #1 of 30
Caffeine Jitters

On a whim i decided to give up caffeine for lent. It's been difficult but so far...i only slipped once and had a can of coke. I was searching the net for caffeine alternatives when i cam across this website that calculated your caffeine intake based on beverages consumed. Yea, I am definitely an addict

whats your caffeine intake ----> http://www.energyfiend.com/the-caffeine-database/

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 06:29 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2007, 11:29 PM #2 of 30
Chocolate Milk has caffine in? 0__o well you learn something new every day...

In which case, 5mgs. I am in no way a caffine addict. I didn't realise caffine could be so addictive, but then again, I don't drink coffee on a regular basis. The only time I saw caffine jitters was due to caffine overdose; it was pretty interesting to watch.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Genthar
Lieutenant Colonel

Member 14155

Level 9.20

Oct 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 06:50 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2007, 12:50 AM #3 of 30
While off work for a few days I started drinking Green Tea instead of 1.5 litres of Coffee daily. You don't put milk and sugar into it and you drink less. Hopefull I'll be able to do my job without coffee when I return to work.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 06:58 PM #4 of 30
That's a pretty interesting read. Especially about mints. No wonder why I love special dark and mints. I only try to drink at least 3 diet dr pepper per day. Which isn't a whole lot but I'm alert at least all day.

Jimbo though... goodness. Bawls, Starbucks, and sodas. xD INSANE.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 07:13 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2007, 05:13 PM #5 of 30
Chocolate Milk has caffine in? 0__o well you learn something new every day...
There are trace amounts of caffeine in the cocoa plant, so it makes sense that the chocolate it produces retains some of the caffeine.

I'm not all that partial to caffeine. Caffeine makes me too jittery, and small amounts of it make me restless and hyper enough as is. I can't imagine how some people can tolerate downing shots of Powershot so regularly.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 07:14 PM #6 of 30
I used to drink a lot of Jolt cola back in high school. Nowadays, I'm trying to lay off caffeine as much as possible. I don't even drink coffee though, never was a coffee drinker.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 07:58 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2007, 04:58 PM #7 of 30
Moving to the Kitchen.

I don't usually have too much caffeine. Even during stressful weeks at school, I'm able to last through the days with just water or a fruit juice. I've found that drinking coffee in general doesn't have much of an effect on me.

FELIPE NO
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 09:16 PM #8 of 30
I drink maybe 3 cans of Coke a day, though I know that I really should cut back a bit. I've never been able to stand the taste of coffee. People tell me it can be an acquired taste, but I don't really see the sense in drinking something that tastes awful just to grow to like it.

Caffeine's had less of an effect on me lately anyway. It'd be nice to lay off for a bit so I can get that rush again, so I've been making an effort to drink more water and fruit juice instead. Switching to a stronger dose of it isn't a great option, since Jolt Cola started to screw up my stomach after awhile.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 10:28 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2007, 08:28 PM #9 of 30
<3 Orange soda. Yeah, I don't really watch my caffeine intake. I usually drink soda with every meal except breakfast. I don't drink coffee since I don't like the taste, but I have been addicted to Swiss Miss hot cocoa lately. =p

Not only soda though, I drink several cups of water a day too at least. And I don't sleep much, but I doubt it's the caffeine. It's more of a skill that I learned as part of my major. ^^

Oh, and I guess strawberry milk's got caffeine too? =p Yep, addicted to that too...

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Last edited by nazpyro; Mar 19, 2007 at 10:55 PM.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 02:39 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2007, 02:39 AM #10 of 30
I do not drink coffee but I drink pop often enough. However, the most pop I usually have in a day is 600ml, and its not everyday that I drink pop. Hm, I guess I just relay on having enough sleep every night so I don't have to worry about having to have caffeine to be awake.

Besides, I hate the taste of anything coffee.... Yuck... How do people stand it?

Most amazing jew boots
Commander_Krunk
get it krunk!

Member 21905

Level 2.62

Apr 2007

Old Apr 15, 2007, 05:17 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2007, 03:17 AM #11 of 30
Hmm...

I'm in the zone! haha!

Thats about 3-4 pepsi's per day.

I kept adding up to see what the worst status you can get is and the worst I got up to was "Do you like the ER?" haha!

Ozma
Here's Johnny!!!

Member 10311

Level 25.67

Jul 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 06:40 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2007, 06:40 PM #12 of 30
Besides, I hate the taste of anything coffee.... Yuck... How do people stand it?
It's not 'yuck'...it's great! Well, every person has their own taste, but coffee is nice, once your taste buds know them well. I drink them for aroma, not for taste, btw.

I only drink a few cups of coffee a week. I prefer Chinese tea more, so I drink it every day. I don't really have to worry about getting to sleep, since I'm suffering insomnia. That makes no differences between gulping and not gulping coffee/tea.

cstrife0777
Now known as Kishi

Member 9974

Level 8.06

Jul 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 12:33 PM #13 of 30
I can't stand coffee, but I make up for it with MD and Vault, both highly caffinated sodas. I HAVE to drink them regularly but if I don't, i'll be needing some aspirin or excedrin, which also have caffeine in them as well. I'm basically stuck with caffeine because I cannot stand the humongous headache when I quit cold turkey everytime I try.

Commander_Krunk
get it krunk!

Member 21905

Level 2.62

Apr 2007

Old Apr 15, 2007, 06:16 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2007, 04:16 PM #14 of 30
I can't stand coffee, but I make up for it with MD and Vault, both highly caffinated sodas. I HAVE to drink them regularly but if I don't, i'll be needing some aspirin or excedrin, which also have caffeine in them as well. I'm basically stuck with caffeine because I cannot stand the humongous headache when I quit cold turkey everytime I try.
You can try slowly decreasing the amount of caffine you consume until you don't get those awful withdrawal headaches anymore

kinkymagic
I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history.

Member 1409

Level 16.87

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 06:30 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2007, 11:30 PM #15 of 30
One of my roommates is literally addicted to caffeine and will drink up to ten cups a day. I remember he got ill (purely psychosomatic) when I hid his coffee maker for a week; good times.

FELIPE NO

“When I slap you you'll take it and like it.”
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 11:50 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2007, 09:50 PM #16 of 30
If you drink that much coffee every day and then someone takes it away, I imagine some of those symptoms probably aren't psychosomatic.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2007, 04:32 AM Local time: Apr 16, 2007, 02:32 AM #17 of 30
Caffeine is something I don't have on a regular basis. I'd be very surprised if I had more than 25mg per day of the stuff. I don't drink tea, coffee or hot chocolate. I don't eat chocolate or mints hardly at all. I make sure to buy pop that is caffeine-free mainly because I've always though it was a fairly negative substance. Wikipedia has proved me wrong on most accounts.

I might be more inclined to try stuff like Bawls or something similar to see what kind of effect it would have on me. Could prove useful for those Counter-Strike matches.

How ya doing, buddy?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2007, 09:33 AM Local time: Apr 16, 2007, 06:33 AM #18 of 30
One of my roommates is literally addicted to caffeine and will drink up to ten cups a day. I remember he got ill (purely psychosomatic) when I hid his coffee maker for a week; good times.
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Withdrawal symptoms — possibly including headache, irritability, an inability to concentrate, and stomach aches[47]— may appear within 12 to 24 hours after discontinuation of caffeine intake, peak at roughly 48 hours, and usually last from one to five days - representing the time required for the number of adenosine receptors in the brain to revert to "normal" levels, uninfluenced by caffeine consumption. Caffeine causes excess release of stomach acids during ingestion.[48] When in withdrawal the stomach acid levels decrease substantially and can cause some stomach aches in certain people.[citation needed] The aches normally last between 24-48 hours and can be confused with constipation.
People seem to forget caffeine is an actual drug. The legality of it has little bearing on its effects.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Xexxhoshi
ボクの彼氏はどこにいる?

Member 1523

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2007, 06:07 PM Local time: Apr 17, 2007, 12:07 AM #19 of 30
the only caffieneated sorta tea/coffee like thing I ever drink these days is Yerba Mate (south american tea, it are made of god and win, especially if you put a few teaspoons of sugar in it)

I've sorta gone off coffee ever since once upon a time when I had coffee once and it made me feel like totally ill and stomach achey, that must have been what they call the jitters I guess >_>

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 12:36 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2007, 11:36 PM #20 of 30
Haha...I got "Jitters" on like, my second drink I put on there. Being a musician that doesn't get nearly enough sleep every day, I actually need the extra energy.

That was very interesting to read, though. I went off coffee for a year once, but replaced it with Yerba Mate Green tea and energy drinks .

Adol
Wind of the Plains.

Member 17840

Level 9.35

Jan 2007

Old Apr 19, 2007, 02:39 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 02:39 AM #21 of 30
Apparently, between Diet Coke and coffee, I'm in desperate need of a lesson in what "moderation" is.

Heh, I have a severe lack of energy and a nasty college schedule to boot, so I need the caffeine desperately.

Valeska
RAWR

Member 21845

Level 2.00

Apr 2007

Old Apr 20, 2007, 05:53 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2007, 12:53 PM #22 of 30
I don't think that I go a single day without caffine. If I work in the morning, I have at least one or two cups of coffee. If I work graveyard, I have an energy drink. If I work swing shift, I have at least a cup of coke. On my days off I still find myself at starbucks or somewhere else buying a caffinated drink.

o.o

>.>

Mmmm... Starbucks.

I kinda want some now

Together, We Will Heal Our Scars With Our Tears
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2007, 11:52 PM Local time: May 6, 2007, 11:52 PM #23 of 30
I work at Starbucks.

Basically, I drink way more caffeine every day than the reccomended dosage (but c'mon...the reccomended dosage is insanely low, so everyone in America overdoses on caffeine every day).

I don't know that I really notice caffeine jitters. I do know that I'll get headaches if I don't have any caffeiene at all. But working at a busy coffee shop doesn't let you stand around to notice whether or not you're jittery -- I'm always moving about doing things, on my feet all day.

I will say that I can definitely notice the "energy" that I get from having a coffee or espresso, especially if I hadn't gotten enough sleep the night before coming in to an open shift (4:45AM fUpeoplewhogetupearlytodrinkcoffee). But I've also never had a problem going to sleep after drinking coffee, or soda, or anything like that. If my body is tired, caffeine isn't enough to keep me wired to the point where I can't sleep.

FELIPE NO
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
wyntergrace
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 23125

Level 2.74

Jul 2007

Old Jul 9, 2007, 04:17 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2007, 03:17 PM #24 of 30
I love Tim Hortons coffee. Doesn't matter what time of day or night, I don't seem to take the caffiene with me to bed, though so no jitters for me

How ya doing, buddy?
yuna00
Chocobo

Member 305

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2007, 01:54 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2007, 10:54 AM #25 of 30
"status: alert" hahahaha. awesome! but that's not goin to stop me from drinking Coke at home and coffee at work. coffee doesn't even keep me awake anymore unless i have like 5 cups in a row. you think that's a bad sign? lol

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Caffeine Jitters