Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Soundtrack to your dream? weird...

summonerkai
Ethereal Dreamer

Member 875

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2009, 03:20 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2009, 01:20 AM #1 of 10
Soundtrack to your dream? weird...

Ok this may sound weird but I want to see how common this is.

In recent memory I have had two fantastic dreams where an actual song was "playing" during the dream like a background track in a movie. The songs were Michelle Branch-Goodbye to you, and Boa-Everlasting.

Anyone else had a song playing in a dream and what was it etc?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ah! Amoeba
"You mean the movies lied?"

Member 177

Level 31.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2009, 12:41 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2009, 12:41 AM #2 of 10
There is frequently music in my dreams, but it's never any song that exists. There's sometimes a hint of a random song from my memory mixed in with a bunch of made-up words and invented melody.

:repetitive bike horn + jazzy piano:
[verse about what I ate that day]
:ending guitar solo from November Rain:

"Oh this is fucking fantastic!"

These dreams always end with me waking up trying to remember how it went so that I can make it into an actual song. Then I remember I don't know how to play an instrument, not even a bike horn, and I go eat some eggs.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
bluesy violin
Juilliard Reject

Member 34353

Level 6.05

Aug 2009

Old Sep 20, 2009, 08:45 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2009, 01:45 AM #3 of 10
my dreams are sadly silent

and i'm a musician

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Miki4
Carob Nut

Member 2704

Level 5.90

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:21 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2009, 07:21 AM #4 of 10
Well, I had some dreams before who where being accompanied by a song or even some songs, don't remember the name of those songs but it seems the songs were played on the Radio (which was open at my room while I've slept.) at the exact same time.

...I know of that cause once I woke up at the exact same time still humming the same song that was in my dream.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Oct 2, 2009, 06:47 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2009, 12:47 PM #5 of 10
Most of my dreams are silent I think and the only time there is music it's either because the dream is music related (I'm in a band or something) or it's just strange nightmarish drums and...noise. Think the Silent Hill 1 soundtrack but a bit less organized and that's my dream soundtrack.

I remember my friend...who's the closest thing to a mad scientist I think I've met in person said he started composing a symphony in his head. But could only remember one part of it when he woke up. I think he still has it written down o_O

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2009, 08:58 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2009, 01:58 PM #6 of 10
It doesn't happen often for me. The first time it was a song by a retarded emo band one of my mates was trying to get me into, ruined what was an otherwise excellent dream about being in Descent Saturn. The other time doesn't really count; I'd put in Yes, Virginia as my wake-up CD for the morning and I had Sex Changes floating into my dreams D: before I woke up.

On what I suppose is a related note, if I've got some nervous adrenalin in me when I go to bed, I sometimes hear a chamber ensemble playing terribly written but intimidating music as I fall asleep.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Prime Blue
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1319

Level 20.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2009, 12:09 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2009, 06:09 PM #7 of 10
Sometimes when I'm taking a nap I pop in my earphones and listen to video game music. One time, the song that played made its way into my dream...or rather created the dream itself: It was "Prelude" from the PRAY album and I dreamed that I was in an orchestra hall and the song was performed live by a choir of white-robed women.

Still up very high in my list of favorite dreams, just because it was such an unnatural experience.

FELIPE NO
AlphaDeus
[ IKZ ]

Member 580

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2009, 09:52 PM #8 of 10
I've heard some pretty insane music in my dreams. Sometimes I'll dream about one of my songs playing on the radio, but I'll think someone else recorded it and I copied it from them in the first place >.>

It's a weird feeling hearing epic orchestral music in my head that I know I've never heard before, getting excited then waking up only to forget it as the day goes on.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Angelus T48
I am but an angel of death...

Member 34666

Level 6.19

Oct 2009

Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:44 PM #9 of 10
I don't really recall many dreams anymore but there have been instances where I would hear weird ass noises in my head that make no sense whatsoever and I wake up thinking "What the fuck". Then I realized that there was a speaker next to my ear playing the weirdest shit I have ever heard in my life.

But that's mainly how people recognize audio in their dreams. Especially if you leave a TV or a radio on while you sleep. Very common.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rex Grossman II
Sex Cannon

Member 34923

Level 2.50

Dec 2009

Old Dec 10, 2009, 03:22 AM Local time: Dec 10, 2009, 05:22 PM #10 of 10
Fatal Frame III background music.

If you can call it music of course.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Soundtrack to your dream? weird...