Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Arranging pictures?

gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 04:13 PM #1 of 5
Arranging pictures?

Hi

Is it possible to create the following images in Photoshop, Illustrator or other softwares, without doing it one at the time?
(Placing them manually in the correct position would be hard)

I know Photoshop has Actions, but that's not possible of doing this kind of operatation, is it?
I think that this can be done with some kind of programming, but I'm not sure if it's possible in Photoshop (I'm not a programmer either...).

Can somebody help with this topic?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 05:06 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2008, 04:06 PM #2 of 5
So you want that layout of images and need a method to switch several images in and out of those frames?

If so, the only thing I can think of to do that is using a program like Adobe After Effects.

You can skew and transform images from your project folder onto your composition. Then take a still image from the composition (hell, you can animate it if you want if you have to time to.)
And you'd be able to replace the source image.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 05:23 PM #3 of 5
After Effects can arrange the images automatically for me?
I've tried using it, but whenever I press the 3d button, it gets out of position (X, Y and Z gets randomized). And I have to do this for each image.

I even have troubles making an image to be right in front of a camera while 3d mode is on

I just want to arrange a bunch of images to make wallpapers first. I'll consider animating the arranged images later (still learning After effects)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by gaming; Apr 22, 2008 at 05:26 PM.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 06:29 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2008, 05:29 PM #4 of 5
I've never done this before, but I was playing around with After Effects just now.

I just dragged an image down into composition, went to "Layer" at the top and selected "3D Layer."
That added some rotation controls in the Transform properties of your image.
And you'll have to use Y rotation for each image.

Is that what you were trying to do?
Also, you should set your composition big enough for wallpaper and use square pixels aspect ratio.

Most amazing jew boots
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2008, 01:13 AM #5 of 5
The method you just did now works, but isn't it mannually?
I must insert each image file and type in the exact position of them. And I think you must change the X and Z positions, not Y.

X is for left and right.
Z is for front and back (to give the depth).

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Arranging pictures?