Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Earthquake!

H-H
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 28162

Level 1.47

Feb 2008

Old Feb 27, 2008, 05:24 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2008, 11:24 PM #1 of 7
Earthquake!

Could you believe it! An earthquake measuring 5.2 on the Richter Scale hit large parts of England last night.

Earthquake rocks large parts of Britain - CNN.com

It hit us around 1am, but didn't cause that much property damage, and only one person was hurt from falling masonry near the epicentre.

Excuse us Brits, but we aren't used to quakes and this caused quite a stir here. Many people were woken up, my parents included. Stupid thing is, I managed to sleep serenely through the whole thing. Didn't feel a thing. Everybody was talking about their earthquake experience today. I feel somewhat left out. How rubbish...

Had any of you guys experienced earthquakes? Was it scary?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2008, 05:54 PM #2 of 7
We have had a minor one (we think). I didn't even notice it but a friend of mine who was on the second floor noticed the water cooler's water swirling back and forth and several others who lived at a higher elevation said they heard it.

Given that I didn't even FEEL it, it wasn't that scary.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 27, 2008, 05:59 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2008, 10:59 PM #3 of 7
Didn't feel it down here in Kent.

I've been in two small ones, both last year. The first was in Chile; my glass of water fell over and a car alarm went off outside. Stopped after five seconds. The second was in the British Virgin Islands, which I initially thought I'd imagined, but my mother appeared immediately and was all like "did you feel that". No damage.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:19 PM #4 of 7
We had one here a few months ago, a very similar experience. I forget the number that registered, but I think it was about the same as yours. Thankfully, nobody was hurt. I think.

Living on the top floor of a high-rise apartment building, though, it was a little scary.

I guess I should mention that I live in northern Ontario, and things like this are quite rare.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr

Last edited by Sousuke; Feb 27, 2008 at 09:13 PM.
Buckwalt
Zurück vom Ring!

Member 485

Level 42.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:29 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2008, 04:29 PM #5 of 7
Being a native Southern Californian, I've been in a many an earthquake. I have slept through many little ones, felt little jolts here and there, and really haven't experienced anything major as of late. However, I have a faint childhood memory of being carried out of my room, looking back at it, and seeing stuff fall out of shelves, drawers in my dresser sliding open, and lots of other fun stuff. I can't for the life of me remember exactly when that was, though. It might have been the infamous Northridge earthquake, which would make sense, for I was 5 when it happened.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"Give up on Beethoven... You've got Stockhausen now." --- Miles Davis

Interactive Collaborative Concert Hall Radio!
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:32 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2008, 12:32 AM #6 of 7
Twas barely a ripple down here in Sussex. My housemate reckons he felt it but I was well asleep. Nothing exciting ever happens down here.

Most amazing jew boots
Sol
resident

Member 1293

Level 12.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:04 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2008, 08:04 PM #7 of 7
The Northridge earthquake in '94 pretty much broke me of going into a panic. Two days after the first we still had temblers that would be earthquakes in their own right outside of California. It was scary, yeah, but eventually I just accepted their existence and rode them out as they came along.

Since then every quake I've been in rarely gets my attention. Most of the time I'll be laughing at non-natives who panic like the state's gonna slide into the ocean.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Earthquake!