Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Ghostbusters 3: Hellbent

Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:04 AM #1 of 20
Ghostbusters 3: Hellbent

From IGN:
May 16, 2006 - In a report attributed to InFocus Magazine, and picked up by various outlets including Hollywood.com, actor-filmmaker Harold Ramis offered up some details on the long-in-development sequel, Ghostbusters 3: Hellbent. He even suggested who might take over as the star of the franchise since Bill Murray refuses to.

Ramis reportedly wants franchise vets Dan Aykroyd and Rick Moranis to reprise their respective roles in the sequel, which the report claims will be called Ghostbusters in Hell, but he has his eye on A-lister Ben Stiller to star as a new Ghostbuster.

The script, written by Aykroyd, is said to feature a hell that looks alot like New York City. The Ghostbusters are able to be transported into hell via a portal in a New York warehouse.

"What Danny had originally conceived was sending us to a special-effects hell, a netherworld full of phenomenal visual environments and boiling pits," Ramis revealed. "But what works so well about the first two (films) is the mundane-ness of it all. So my notion was that hell exists in the same place as our consensus reality, but it's like a film shutter. It's the darkness between the 24 frames.

Ramis continued, "So we create a device to do it, and it's in a warehouse in Brooklyn. When we step out of the chamber, it looks just like New York, but it's hell. Everything's grid-locked; no cars are moving and all the drivers are swearing at each other in different foreign languages. No two people speak the same language. It's all the worst things about modern urban life, just magnified."

Well good thing is that Ramis and Aykroyd are invovled, I dunno if Stiller would make a good Ghosbuster but I can kinda see it. I have been waiting for another Ghostbusters for years so I'm excited. :biggrin:

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:20 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 05:20 PM #2 of 20
Without Bill Murray, I just don't see this film being Ghostbusters. The main thing that was enjoyable about the films was the interplay between Murray's cynicism, Aykroyd's enthusiasm, and Ramis' phlegmatic and dispassionate nature.

Ghostbusters II wasn't even half as good as Ghostbusters anyway. Why lie?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:25 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 01:25 PM #3 of 20
I love those movies but I'm not sure it would work. It's been in developement hell for a llllooooooonnnggggg time. There were two concepts during the 1990s; one, Bill Murray's character died and came back as a ghost to help the gang and two, new recruits were to come in the form of Ben Stiller, Chris Rock and Chris Farley, which would've rocked.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:28 AM #4 of 20
Eh, let the franchise lie. Without Peter Venkman, why bother?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Parjay
Macabre Ripper

Member 1284

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:43 AM #5 of 20
Even if they get Venkman back, its only for a cameo at the end ... Dans script has been knocking around for over six years now, and all the studios passed on it due to being "too expensive" to film.

Strange that this is being reported now, they have no new information that wasn't released back in '99-2000 ...

I was speaking idiomatically.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:45 AM #6 of 20
I have to agree with LeHah on this one. I meant, probably like 10 years ago a Ghostbusters 3 would have been cool, but it's been almost 20 years since 2 and I really don't want to see Extreme Ghostbusters as a movie. :\ Besides I don't know if the same humor can be pulled off or not.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 12:09 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 11:09 AM #7 of 20
I guess it's too bad that the revival of old intellectual property is so vogue right now

FELIPE NO
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 12:37 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 11:37 AM #8 of 20
Originally Posted by LeHah
Eh, let the franchise lie. Without Peter Venkman, why bother?
Quoted for rampant truth.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:08 PM #9 of 20
I don't know if the newer generation would even remember the Ghostbusters' series. I enjoyed it when I was very little, but it's been a heck of a long time between sequels. I didn't even know that Rick Moranis was still acting. I don't think I've heard from Dan Aykroyd for a long while. However, it would be interesting to see Ben Stein in the film, but I could just imagine him being all monotonal:

"Ah. A ghost. Let us make a run for it." I do enjoy that voice, especially in those Visine commercials and on Fairly Oddparents.

However, if they would bring Chris Rock into the film, it would be hilarious to see his reaction to the ghosts. Any word if they are bringing back Ernie Hudson or are they going to replace him?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:43 PM #10 of 20
Fuck the new generation, I want a new Ghostbusters movie =p

Tama8-chan
Good Chocobo

Member 952

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:28 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 05:28 PM #11 of 20
That kind of stupid slapstick humour was SORT OF used in Evolution.
I fucking love Evolution.

Ghostbusters 2 sucked ass. It became less about the play between the characters and more the moral dilemma of the community mentality of New York.

NOTHING, imo, beats Mr Stay Puff't =D

And it wouldn't be Ghostbusters without Bill Murray, but I'm interested to see how this will turn out, if it's made.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
www.Pietriots.com
Click to receive beer

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 08:26 AM #12 of 20
Sliiiiiime.

Yeah, I don't get why anyone would want to bring back Ghostbusters. It's so 80s. Also, I'd be interested to see a new take on the themesong. They should hire some pop artist to re-record it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 10:04 AM #13 of 20
Run DMC already did that with the 2nd movie =p

I was speaking idiomatically.
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 10:10 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 09:10 AM #14 of 20
Dubious. This is the same information we heard a long while back, complete with the Ben Stiller speculation.

I really think this ship has sailed. Sequels are made for the people who saw the first movies, and how many of those people really care about a Ghostbusters 3 anymore?

Most amazing jew boots
galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 11:50 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 09:50 AM #15 of 20
Eh, I don't like this idea.

The only conceivably good thing about this is that it may temporarily revitalize the franchise and bring The Real Ghostbusters to DVD.

And anyway, what happened to Ramis not wantind to do it if Murray wasn't on board? That was the talk a couple of years ago at least.

FELIPE NO
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 01:34 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 12:34 AM #16 of 20
Ghostbusters was a true 80's property. The 80's films just had a different "feel" to them. You could pull off something like Ghostbusters that was completely unrealistic, funny, yet also real in a sense as well. For example, the things that are happening could be scary, yet the actor's reaction to them was hilarious. Nowadays that sort of thing might seem "disjointed" but it worked back then. That's why I really miss the 80's in a sense - you just can't go around having any more A-Teams, or Knight-Riders, or Fall Guys, or crazy over-the-top films...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Tama8-chan
Good Chocobo

Member 952

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 01:42 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 05:42 PM #17 of 20
Perhaps that's why Evolution didn't do too well in theatres?

www.Pietriots.com
Click to receive beer

Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 01:42 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 12:42 AM #18 of 20
I doubt it is going to work. As speculative mentioned, Ghostbusters is way too 80s, and it should stay that way. Besides, you can't go wrong with Stay Puft:

Vibrate
Cobra Commander
Gots to Dominate!

Member 7345

Level 13.25

May 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 06:19 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 01:19 AM #19 of 20
I also think that this movie is going to bomb big time because of that fact that the original cast doesn't want to get together. The comedic timing just will not be there anymore

How ya doing, buddy?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 07:14 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 01:14 PM #20 of 20
Originally Posted by galen
And anyway, what happened to Ramis not wantind to do it if Murray wasn't on board? That was the talk a couple of years ago at least.
Someone waved a wad of bills under his nose? That's usually all it takes to make an actor get involved in a project he didn't want to do.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Ghostbusters 3: Hellbent