Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Horaay! It's springtime!

Moth
Iz!

Member 418

Level 13.88

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:25 AM #1 of 29
Horaay! It's springtime!

So, spring is coming. Or, depending on where you are, it's already here. It could even be a distant memory for you, in which case... well, shut up.

Spring (here) brings with it a lot of neat stuff. St Patty's Day, for example. Or warmer weather, which, I can't really understand who would want such a thing, but hey, if you're into that sort of thing...

Oh, yeah. There are also the flowers. And the pollen.

If you like spring, at all, it's because you don't have allergies. For the rest of us, the season represents three months of the worst pain we've ever felt - you think hayfever is just like a little cold, all runny noses and sneezing? Fuck you. Try taking fiberglass and rubbing it in your eyes - at least that will go away, after a while. (Why, god, why would you allow a malady that lets our eyes itch? Nose and throat, that's fine, but why something that you know full well will make us go blind if we scratch it?)

Yeah, that was pretty much all I had. Your turn! Share your allergy experiances here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
kapsi
Why did the chicken cross the Moebius Strip?

Member 2495

Level 6.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:52 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 06:52 PM #2 of 29
I don't have any allergies and it's still deep winter here, so...

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by kapsi; Mar 12, 2006 at 11:55 AM.
johnnyisip
"Canadian"

Member 2410

Level 3.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:01 PM #3 of 29
No allergy problems here, but I'm glad it's 15 degrees outside in Toronto. Last week, there was still snow on the ground, and the temperature was below 0. So Yay! for springtime!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:05 PM #4 of 29
I hope this doesn't derail your thread too much, but I've always been curious about whether breast-fed babies are less likely to get allergies. So if it isn't too much trouble, please inform us whether you were breast or bottle fed.

I was breast-fed and have never had allergies.

Oh yeah, it's already spring where I live, and it's my favorite season. <3

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
johnnyisip
"Canadian"

Member 2410

Level 3.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:09 PM #5 of 29
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I hope this doesn't derail your thread too much, but I've always been curious about whether breast-fed babies are less likely to get allergies. So if it isn't too much trouble, please inform us whether you were breast or bottle fed.
I think this is a whole different topic, but for the record, I was breast fed as well, and have no allergies. But then again my two brothers were also breast fed, and are now allergic to a variety of things including cats.

Does it matter which breast? I think most people got the double treatment.

I was speaking idiomatically.
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:12 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 01:12 PM #6 of 29
I have no allergies, but I hate spring and summer intensely. It's still technically winter, but it's nearly 80 degrees outside. Stupid heat. I just got back from a short walk to the gas station and I'm sweating like a pig. It's just not fun to be outside when it's hot and humid. I wish I could estivate until the end of october, because I have a feeling this summer is going to be unbearably hot.

Oh well, at least my yoshino sakura tree is blossoming nicely. The first tree I ever planted and it's doing wonderfully.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:12 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 01:12 PM #7 of 29
Spring begins March 21. St. Patty's day is March 17. Fail. Breasts.

Anyway, the weather's finally gotten around to being awesome where I live. At least it was this weekend. The coming week might get ugly though.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Spyer
Yeeeaaaa.

Member 548

Level 18.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:13 PM #8 of 29
I have allergies with ragweed. Oh man, its terrible, especially when I'm playing golf. I'm swining the ball and I don't do it with sneezing or with hot liquid pouring out of nose like Niagara Falls. Damn.

How ya doing, buddy?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:13 PM #9 of 29
I quite like the spring. The warmer weather, the blossoming trees, and the birds returning. Nature is in full form. It's so great.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 03:36 PM #10 of 29
You know, I miss those old days where you can wander around for the whole damn week doing absolutely nothing. Sleep, walk around the community, go see the mall, go to the park and sleeping under a tree and picnics... *sigh*

Man, this Nursing program is taking a toll on current levels of stress.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Qube
Banninated

Member 23

Level 15.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:58 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 04:58 PM #11 of 29
Springtime for me, means NO MORE FUCKING WINTER!!! I hate on winter so much, it's insane. I'm loving the fact that it's slowly warming up, snow is getting all melty, and that smell.....that smell of spring when outside, I just love it.

Basically the whole season puts me into a good mood, so yay!

Hatred on the fact that I lost my old sig, maybe I'll get it back someday. Or not!
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:28 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 03:28 AM #12 of 29
When is Summer again??? I'm just waiting for this shit weather to go away.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:23 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 02:23 AM #13 of 29

I was and have never had allergies, whereas all my siblings were on the bottle for most of their weaning, and they're all allergic to something. I, on the other hand, am inveenceeble!

Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:25 PM #14 of 29
Time to play kickball.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:45 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 07:45 PM #15 of 29
Actually, winter did seem to go by extremely fast. Plus, I didn't even get nearly as much snow as in past college winters. It's probably been the least fun winter season (though there was still much fun to be had anyway). Nevertheless, bring on spring.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:47 PM #16 of 29
The only allergic reaction I've ever gotten was to a Power Ranger Bubble Bath when I was younger. Other than that, I'm allergy free.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:57 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 08:57 PM #17 of 29
Originally Posted by Qube
Springtime for me, means NO MORE FUCKING WINTER!!! I hate on winter so much, it's insane. I'm loving the fact that it's slowly warming up, snow is getting all melty, and that smell.....that smell of spring when outside, I just love it.

Basically the whole season puts me into a good mood, so yay!
But don't you live in Canadaland? The place where a "warm" summer day is one in which you only get two inches of snow. I thought that Canadians loved the cold up there because of such things as flannel and too much body hair.

My favorite part of spring is when I don't have to run the heater or the air conditioner in my apartment for like 2 straight months. Thirty-eight dollar electricity bills are sweet.

How ya doing, buddy?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Godai
the best damn thing

Member 811

Level 20.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:00 PM #18 of 29
I'm just glad I don't have to wear my winter coat anymore here in Toronto.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Spyer
Yeeeaaaa.

Member 548

Level 18.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:16 PM #19 of 29
Originally Posted by russ
But don't you live in Canadaland? The place where a "warm" summer day is one in which you only get two inches of snow. I thought that Canadians loved the cold up there because of such things as flannel and too much body hair.
Yah right, I freaking hate the cold. Whenever theres a cold day with like a windchill of -9 billion below 0, I get really pissed off, and I bet every other canadian does too. Like I said before, the weather fluctuatues way too much. We go from beautiful weather to The Day After Tomorrow.

Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:36 PM #20 of 29
Ah, spring. Tomorrow its going to be a very nice 71° F outside. I have allergies, but I consider them to be managed at this point, so spring doesn't bother me.

I was breast fed as a child (as were my other three siblings) and exhibited allergies from a very, very early age. My mother was forced to give up eating nuts, tomatoes, mushrooms (and any other food containing a fungus), and eggs. The proteins were being passed through the breast milk and caused an allergic reaction in my body--my skin turned beet red and I would vomit. It scared the bejeezus out of her the first times the reactions occurred, as none of my elder siblings have allergies.

At the age of two, I developed asthma and was also subjected a complete scratch test. From that it was determined that I had the standard complement of allergies to ragweed, pollen, mold, animal dander (even though its usually not the dander per se that people react to, its the proteins left behind from both saliva and mites) etc. The asthma was allergy triggered, and required treatment with a nebulizer four times daily to keep my breathing free. I also needed injections twice weekly to accustom my immune system to environmental allergens. Despite these treatments, I was still in and out of the hospital for the first five years of my life.

The injections went on for about twenty years, and I moved up the chain of asthma maintenance technology to what I use today: the Advair Discus. Its a hell of a lot more convenient than a nebulizer, and it combines two of the medications I was previously taking into a single dose taken twice daily. I consider my asthma to be fully managed at this point, and I go weeks at a time without having to reach for the rescue inhaler that I carry with me.

My allergies for the most part have evaporated. The only food I still have a strong reaction to is nuts (except for almonds), with very, very mild reactions to bananas, melons, and kiwifruits.

I always knew that I'd have to worry about maintaining my asthma--and to a lesser extend my allergies--for the rest of my life, and was feeling pretty good about that whole situation up until recently. I've developed a new chronic medical problem that is turning out to be a much bigger pain in the ass than my allergies/asthma ever were: Ulcerative Colitis. It started up July 4 weekend of last year, and I've had four major flares since--three requiring a trip to the ER followed by 3 days of hospitalization. Like asthma, there is no cure; there is only a maintenance program. Unlike asthma, these treatments are pretty expensive (Remicade) and there is a very, very good chance I will develop a pretty nasty complication as a result of the damage from the flares: cancer. Hoo-fuckin-ray.

How ya doing, buddy?
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:03 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 11:03 PM #21 of 29

My older brother and I were both bottle fed and he has really bad allergies (as well as my mom) while I've never had allergies all my life. It's probably more genetic than anything else, my dad doesn't suffer either so I guess I take after him more than my mom.

I love spring but San Francisco is still under this massive storm that's been hanging around over the pennisula for the past 2 months. So the days are pretty much dreary and the nights stormy, I already stocked up on my spring wardrobe and I'm cursing the weather until I get a chance to wear it.

I think springs in Los Angeles are the best. Even though it's the desert, springs are really quite pretty there. It's sunny but not hot like the summers and there are always little breezes that burst throughout the day. Rolling down grassy hills in the late afternoon, best activity ever.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:36 AM #22 of 29
I'll know it Spring when I wake up with a cold and realize it's not a cold after two or three weeks of cold-like symptoms~

Spring is cool, but I always liked Winter more. Spring can be beautiful when the trees start to bud and the grass turns green.

Although warm weather wakes up the house centipedes in this area:

cos360
binary troglodyte

Member 2561

Level 2.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:42 AM #23 of 29
Originally Posted by Spyer
Yah right, I freaking hate the cold. Whenever theres a cold day with like a windchill of -9 billion below 0, I get really pissed off, and I bet every other canadian does too.
I like winter. I don't particularly like the cold, but skating outdoors is nice, and skiing too, when I get the chance. I stupidly bought skates a couple of weeks ago, thinking I'd be able to do the whole outdoor skating thing. STUPID STUPID MOVE! Ah well. They were cheapy ones, so I don't mind too much.

ANYWAY, just wanted to tell you that not all Canadians hate winter. I like winter. I like snow. But maybe it's 'cause I don't have to drive. Aherm.

Oh, and allergies DO suck. I get watery eyes, but it usually happens around June and July. Happy Visine-ing everyone!

FELIPE NO
Before you criticize someone,
You should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them,
You're a mile away and you have their shoes.

tu me fais rire :lolsign:
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 02:20 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 12:20 AM #24 of 29
Fuck warm weather! Man it just means it's getting closer to summer. Closer to the heat where it's so hot that your skin evaporates from your bones. You become stuck to your car seat and burn your flesh on the steering wheel. And you sweat when you just go from inside to your mailbox outside.

I should move to colder climate...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
johnnyisip
"Canadian"

Member 2410

Level 3.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 02:34 AM #25 of 29
Originally Posted by Godai
I'm just glad I don't have to wear my winter coat anymore here in Toronto.
Amen to that. Although it was 15 degrees today, and still saw a bunch of kids with their winter jackets -- you know, the thick fur trimmed ones. Crazy.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Horaay! It's springtime!