Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] 9/10 Goku's recommend Chronos Twin

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 07:54 AM Local time: Dec 31, 2007, 10:54 PM 1 #1 of 9
9/10 Goku's recommend Chronos Twin

That stupid dickhead right there is the main character! Are you excited yet, to play as a stupid dickhead? You should be! Chronos Twin is EnjoyUp's first ever game, originally in development for the GBA, then shifted to DS as GBA fell down the toilet. At its core, Chronos Twin is a platformer. Runnin-wait.. walking, jumping, shooting, blah blah blah. But the game has a shocking soap opera twist! As the introduction storyline tries so very hard to explain, a bad guy (or 'A THING' as the game calls it) decides to powerwalk into the universe one day and wreck up the joint by existing in two time periods at once. Yes. What? Somehow this leads to the main characters brother being killed. Let's get busy.

Some tranny in a 1980's jogging suit, a bitter Yoda clone and a gang of constipated owls build a device that'll let you also roam around in the past AND present at the exact same time, because it's the only way the bad guy, A THING, can be defeated. And away you go, have a fun, enjoy! The top screen is the current time, the bottom screen is the past. As you move around, your character will perform the same actions in the different times at once. Did you like that sentence? I sure did. So you'll need to be constantly keeping an eye out, two even, on both screens. The really fun part though, is that it seems a lot has changed in all the years! If a platform exists in the present time, it may not have been there in the past. Different enemies will come at you during different points in the same level, you'll often be swamped with enemies on both screens at once. X button shoots your gun in the present, B button for the past. And if you get hurt in one time period, it affects the other! If you get crushed by a falling rock or some kind of A THING in the past, your present self will also have a sad face.

This mutates what would have been a fairly sigh worthy platformer into one of the most brutal games ever. Once you get past the initial stage to get you used to your eyeballs bleeding, the game NEVER LETS UP. They've put a handy warning buzzer on each screen to let you know of danger if you're not keeping up with one screen, but eventually it becomes like a broken game of Operation and won't ever stop buzzing. SO MUCH SHIT TO LOOK OUT FOR. Later on you'll get access to an ability that'll let you stop time on one screen so you can say, move a box or activate a switch so your other time guy can move ahead, and that's kinda nice I guess. Everyone loves switches and boxes. Imagine if you pressed a switch and a box appeared, there would be a celebration across the land. Chronos Twin also spits acid coated jagged glass in your face by providing VERY FEW energy containers around the joint, and hiding extra lives in the most obscure locations. If you finish a level with one hit left, you'll start the next level with that same amount of health. GOOD LUCK.

If you hate yourself, this is a fan-bloody-tastic little game. The graphics are kinda dated (and apparently it uses some stolen sprites from various Capcom games for lol) since it was originally a GBA game. Man, it's hard enough to follow on two full screens, imagine squinting on a GBA split-screen. Though the animation is fluid, and there are some nice futuristic high-tech touches such as moving clouds (gasp). And um. Statues of Goku. Music's alright, it doesn't go anywhere and kinda just exists, but it suits the game. So yeah, I dunno, it came out in Europe about two months ago, and made a brief apperance in Australia and New Zealand. The publisher Oxygen Games half-arsed it, with low supplies and no marketing at all. There are no plans for an American release at this point in time. But like Mr. Slime Jr. and whatever the hell this is supposed to be, it'll probably remain that way. It gets the Infernal viral marketing seal of approval, if only for being the hardest game since forever. It'd be perfect sitting next to Contra 4. The extremely bad English translation (I think the developers are Spanish) adds a certain charm to it all too. "A thing came out from nothing. He didn't know who was him." "We scratch that thing let alone stop it. It's as if it come from another time and dimensions."

YouTube Video

Download it today! Or if you're looking to actually buy it, DVDCrave have recently slashed the price in half, down to $26 AUD (that's only about $22 US). They ship worldwide.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Jan 4, 2008 at 09:29 AM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 08:06 AM Local time: Dec 31, 2007, 07:06 AM 2 #2 of 9
"Obviously Capcom used a time machine,went to the future,and stole the graphics from this game"

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:52 AM #3 of 9
Quote:
hey ship worldwide.
I hope they don't.

EDIT: It looks awful from my point. I can't love the game unless I get in to the character.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Kimchi; Dec 31, 2007 at 12:06 PM.
Blades Of Ice
=O

Member 6689

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 12:03 PM #4 of 9
Holy shit balls, I'm not a fan of the old school side scrollers but I'd pay the money for a DS to have this. Yet again, the small companies are pumping out glorious games!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 12:36 PM #5 of 9
So I'm not the only one who discovered this interesting game 2 months back. The gameplay is nothing new but a few simlarities to the Zero series. I thought it was pretty sick to play as two characters synchronized in the past and present ( or future.. ? ) . I never saw this in the store but I have it on my cyclo. I play it every now and then since it looks like a Zero/ZX game >=p.

Anyone have the gamerip?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Django!
I'm a little pimp with my hair gassed back

Member 23557

Level 8.57

Jul 2007

Old Dec 31, 2007, 01:24 PM #6 of 9
So I'm not the only one who discovered this interesting game 2 months back. The gameplay is nothing new but a few simlarities to the Zero series. I thought it was pretty sick to play as two characters synchronized in the past and present ( or future.. ? ) . I never saw this in the store but I have it on my cyclo. I play it every now and then since it looks like a Zero/ZX game >=p.

Anyone have the gamerip?
Two months back? Hell, the game's been in development for a long time. I remember seeing it at cons a few years back.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Dec 31, 2007, 06:26 PM Local time: Dec 31, 2007, 04:26 PM #7 of 9
"Obviously Capcom used a time machine,went to the future,and stole the graphics from this game"

HAAAAAAAAATERRRRRRS. *shakes fist*

Now stop me if you've heard this one before, but it looks like a Treasure-esque kind of a game. Seems like it's worth an investment, just need to add it to the billion other games I have to finish these days. You'll pay for this, Infernal, mark my empty wallet.

FELIPE NO
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 09:14 PM Local time: Jan 1, 2008, 12:14 PM #8 of 9
I hope they don't.

EDIT: It looks awful from my point. I can't love the game unless I get in to the character.
Even a platformer? I'm like that with games where I should probably care about the main character, but luckily not many games like that exist anymore!

Originally Posted by Rotorblade
Now stop me if you've heard this one before, but it looks like a Treasure-esque kind of a game. Seems like it's worth an investment, just need to add it to the billion other games I have to finish these days. You'll pay for this, Infernal, mark my empty wallet.
Actually yeah, it is kinda Treasure-ish, except the story manages to make even less sense than your average Treasure game! Another potential sale, yes yes! I shall await my kickbacks from Oxygen Games. "Here's twenty cents and a button!"

Originally Posted by chato
Anyone have the gamerip?
I could probably start one. Might be like my other rips and never get finished though. Alright one level down.. time for sleep!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Mageling
I've lost my way

Member 863

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2008, 03:32 PM #9 of 9
Wow. I'd forgotten about this game. I'm glad they made the jump from GBA to DS, when Nintendo announced the DS I thought this game was made for such a system. Looks like I'll be importing it on payday!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] 9/10 Goku's recommend Chronos Twin