Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Zero no Tsukaima

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 08:57 PM #1 of 65
Zero no Tsukaima

J.C. Staff is back again with a sure to be a hit summer anime, Zero no Tsukaima. The story revolves around a failure of a witch who summons a human as her familiar, causing hilarity to ensue. A short plot rundown taken from the Anime News Network:

Originally Posted by ANN
Plot Summary: Meet Louise, a budding magician. The students at the Tristein Academy call her "Zero Louise", due to her current record of zero successes with magic. In fact, her magic tends to go spectacularly wrong. Now, as an important test of her aptitude for magic, she must summon a familiar to be her servant. At this critical moment, she summons up all her magic and wishes for a familiar that is "devoted, beautiful and powerful", and gets... Hiraga Saito, an ordinary Japanese boy. It's difficult to say who is more surprised and dismayed, but the rules don't allow for second attempts. Louise is stuck with her strange familiar, and he with her.
THE CAST

Meet Louise, the star of the show and a failure of a witch. The rest of the students all laugh at her for it, and her "explosive" techniques often cause trouble around the school. She's got pink hair, it's cute. =o

Meet Hiraga, Louise's familiar. He was summend from his normal place in life to the Academy. He finds himself in a bit of peril as he seems unable to communicate with Louise and everyone else until one of Louise's silence spells backfires.

This is Osman, principal of the academy and an old pervert. His familiar is a mouse which he apparently uses for nefarious purpouses.

This is Ms. Longueville, who keeps an eye on Osman as his seceretary, when he's not sexually harassing her, that is. I hear she wears a white G-string, but that's all hearsay. >_>

Sup Kirche. She fills the roll of your typical huge chested lusty anime babe. She apparently spends a lot of time flirting with the boys of the academy, and hangs out with Tabitha and Montmorency in her spare time. Her familiar is a salamander.

This is Montmorency. Despite her strange name she seems rather well mannered, but that doesn't stop her from taunting poor Louise. Her familiar appears to be a big frog/toad.

This is Tabitha. She's very quiet and reserved, and usually has her face in a book of some kind. Think Yuki from Haruhi.

Flamboyant and overly full of himself, Guiche is your typical lady-killer character. And that rose in his mouth, that's acutally his wand. I think his familiar is a mole of some sort.

A commoner (much like Saito) she works as a servant at the Academy and seemingly harbors feelings for our unlucky hero after he rescues her from an unsightly situation.

And finally,

?

Zero no Tsukaima presents a very colorful cast of characters and it appears the story will be very character oriented in its presentation. The animation is quite smooth and the concept certainly is appealing. Two groups are subbing it right now, FROTH-BITE (avi) and Kuroneko (mp4).

Torrent Links
Kuroneko - Episode 1 (avi/dixv)
FROTH-BITE Episode 1 (mp4)
Kuroneko Episode 2 (avi/divx)
FROTH-BITE Episode 2 (mp4)
Kuroneko Episode 3 (avi/divx)
FROTH-BITE Episode 3 (mp4)
Kuroneko Episode 4 (avi/dixv)
FROTH-BITE Episode 4 (mp4)
Kuroneko Episode 5 (avi/divx)
FROTH-BITE Episode 5 (mp4)
Kuroneko Episode 6 (avi/divx)
FROTH-BITE Episode 6 (mp4)
Kuroneko Episode 7 (avi/divx)
FROTH-BITE Episode 7 (mp4)
Kuroneko Episode 8 (avi/divx)
FROTH-BITE Episode 8 (mp4)
Kuroneko Episode 9 (avi/divx)
FROTH-BITE Episode 9 (mp4)
Kuroneko Episode 10 (avi/divx)
FROTH-BITE Episode 10 (mp4)
Kuroneko Episode 11 (avi/divx)
FROTH-BITE Episode 11 (mp4)
Kuroneko Episode 12 (avi/divx)
FROTH-BITE Episode 12 (mp4)
Kuroneko Episode 13 (FINAL EPISODE) (avi/divx) NEW!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

#654: Braixen

Last edited by Tails; Sep 30, 2006 at 02:02 PM.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 03:29 PM Local time: Jul 10, 2006, 12:29 PM #2 of 65
I'll probably watch this for the Yuki clone (TEH REI). I'm not too interested otherwise, but with Haruhi and PPD gone I need a new comedy.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
dhsu87
Carob Nut

Member 9512

Level 4.85

Jul 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 09:07 PM #3 of 65
first episode was fairly interesting. art isn't fantastic imho, but seems pretty enjoyable. will pale in comparison to haruhi, but will do its job this season

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:12 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 11:12 PM #4 of 65
Meh, I actually expected more of this show. It does have some fun moments but it's not really something otherworldly.

Maybe it will improve as the story progresses (hopefully).

sup tails i didnt steal your name okay

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Vibrate
DarthSavior
PUT YA GUNS ON

Member 188

Level 12.90

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 03:08 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 10:08 PM #5 of 65
This show is full of win for me cause...

Kugimiya Rie (Shana) as Louise = win
Hino Satoshi (Yuuji) as Hiraga Saito = win
Kawasumi Ayako (Yoshida, or to Fate/stay Night fans as Saber) as Henrietta = win

Louise saying "URUSAI" = lol win
J.C. Staff doing the animation = win
Maid character = win
Perv headmaster = win
Obligatory silent character with glasses = win
Catchy opening theme = win

I was speaking idiomatically.
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 02:38 PM #6 of 65
Some wins ya got there. yeah, the staffs for this anime sounds very promising, though I don't think it will make a big impact as Haruhism.

How ya doing, buddy?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:19 PM #7 of 65
Originally Posted by Luxo
Meh, I actually expected more of this show. It does have some fun moments but it's not really something otherworldly.

Maybe it will improve as the story progresses (hopefully).

sup tails i didnt steal your name okay
Of course. =O The first episode was setting up all the characters and introducing everyone.

The second episode is out by the way, check the first post for links.

FELIPE NO

Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:01 AM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 11:01 AM #8 of 65
Am I the only one that thought "Harry Potter" for the first half of episode 1?
I really didn't like the music it was plain and common sounding. The characters are interesting enough for me to watch a couple more episodes before I decide if I want to keep watching it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:18 AM #9 of 65
I think we all thought "Harry Potter" at some point, but honestly my first thought was "gtfo fag" when Guiche first opened his mouth.

Second thought was "THIS WAND PRINTS MONEY!!!" when the teacher did alchemy.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 03:30 AM #10 of 65
Someone asked me today about which version to download, and having seen both episodes by both groups, I'll give everyone a heads up.

Kuroneko's is of acceptable quality, though there are a few typos here and there. Nothing too big, but if you're picky over stuff like that you'll want to avoid them. As far as source quality goes:

Kuroneko:

FROTH-BITE:

It's pretty clear whose subs I'm sticking with after this.

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 04:18 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 05:18 PM #11 of 65
My take: Kuroneko's encoder knows his sharpening filters Froth-Bite wins at color levels though.

F-B is a quality group, no doubt. Kuroneko fails at quality checking their script (just look at their OP karaoke), but their translation is still acceptable. It's all down to whoever gets the subs out faster, and regularly.

Originally Posted by Foshi
Am I the only one that thought "Harry Potter" for the first half of episode 1?
I really didn't like the music it was plain and common sounding. The characters are interesting enough for me to watch a couple more episodes before I decide if I want to keep watching it.
The music is by Shinkichi Mitsumune, who previously composed for... that's right, Mahou Sensei Potter Negima.

Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:08 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 10:08 AM #12 of 65
Yeah, I enjoyed episode 2 more than 1. Things are getting interesting at least and it's starting to feel less like Harry Potter. One problem I have is that Saito so easily becomes like a slave to Louise. He doesn't show any back bone until later on and he accepts the world he's in without a fight.

I don't mind the background music. It's the opening and closing music that I disliked. Thankfully, those are easy enough to skip.

How ya doing, buddy?
Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:40 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 11:40 AM #13 of 65
Nice, I can see this getting better. I'm not hooked but now I'm interested on what will happen.

Most amazing jew boots
Vibrate
ms-07
Carob Nut

Member 1600

Level 5.59

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:57 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 01:57 PM #14 of 65
qwdqwe

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by ms-07; Mar 8, 2014 at 07:17 PM.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 09:56 PM #15 of 65
Just saw episode 1...I'm a fan of Maburaho, so this was a fun watch. I like the general scenario and am interested what they do with it in the next couple of episodes.

Getting Ep 2 now.

FELIPE NO
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 09:36 AM #16 of 65
Originally Posted by Kirche-chan
Kuroneko's is of acceptable quality, though there are a few typos here and there.
Their QA checking fucking "looses."

Someone at Kuroneko has a stutter in their finger movements!

Most amazing jew boots
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:44 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 10:44 AM #17 of 65
Episode 3... when swords start talking I stop watching.

It wasn't so bad though. I will watch a few more.

People should use spoilers as a courtesy to others.:
Saito the player. I can't believe he didn't bag that Kirche bitch. How can these anime male leads be so placid. So, unrealistic. There's no way I wouldn't bag any hot bitch who threw herself on me.

Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:50 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 11:50 AM #18 of 65
Originally Posted by Foshi
Episode 3... when swords start talking I stop watching.

It wasn't so bad though. I will watch a few more.

Luxo hid this okay:
Saito the player. I can't believe he didn't bag that Kirche bitch. How can these anime male leads be so placid. So, unrealistic. There's no way I wouldn't bag any hot bitch who threw herself on me.

SPOILERS MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU USE THEM?

Vibrate
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 03:20 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 03:20 PM #19 of 65
Originally Posted by Luxo
SPOILERS MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU USE THEM?
No.

How the hell is that a spoiler? It was in the preview of episode 3 seen at the end of episode 2.

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 08:13 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 09:13 AM #20 of 65
How about those who haven't seen episode 2, then?

Either abide by the spoiler rules, or I'll have to start deleting posts.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Elidibs
deeder deeder deeder deeder

Member 1308

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:26 AM #21 of 65
After seeing the comparison between F-B and Kuroneko, I obviously want F-B, but I can't run it on Winamp, DiVX, RealPlayer, or WMP. Winamp and RealPlayer play audio, but no video. The others keep bitching about not supporting MP4 files or the files being 'bad' or something.
Any help?

I was speaking idiomatically.
cuss words
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:29 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 11:29 AM #22 of 65
Originally Posted by Elidibs
After seeing the comparison between F-B and Kuroneko, I obviously want F-B, but I can't run it on Winamp, DiVX, RealPlayer, or WMP. Winamp and RealPlayer play audio, but no video. The others keep bitching about not supporting MP4 files or the files being 'bad' or something.
Any help?
Media Player Classic

You can play any file media file with this easily.

If you're still having trouble download CCCP.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Foshi; Jul 24, 2006 at 11:34 AM.
Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 12:09 AM #23 of 65
I just started watching this and it really didn't interest me much until near the end of episode 2. But after understanding what Louise had done to Saito, I'm more than interested now. Although, does anyone else get this feeling:

Spoiler:
The wands look as if the design was adapted from Harry Potter media. With one exception, the handle/base is much more thicker. And the wand tip extends out as if it were an atenna. The fact they don't look anything like in FFXI or some other game/anime with elegant designs and structured wooden curls here and there makes me think of Harry Potter.

FELIPE NO
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 02:28 PM #24 of 65
Ahahaha man, FB finally released episode 3 (see first post) and I love it. LOVE IT. An episode with SEXY RESULTS.

SEXY:

All in all very hilairous. The characters continue to be unique and extremely interesting (ahahah Tabitha using a silence spell on Kirche) and many laughs are had during the duration of the entire episode.

Also, Kirche is hot.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 02:49 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2006, 02:49 PM #25 of 65
Episode 4 is about that maid girl Saito becomes friends with. It's just standard fun, no real advancements in the story.

Spoiler:
So, it looks like Saito will have three women vying for his attention. Lousie, the maid, and Kirche. Although Lousie still thinks of him in a servant/master sort of way.

It's already starting to feel very generic after four episodes. I really hope something good comes up soon.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Zero no Tsukaima