Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Conjoined twins, anyone?

Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 11:55 PM #1 of 6
Conjoined twins, anyone?

Okay, so...I'm watching tv, and it's all about conjoined twins and I started thinking whether I would want my children separated or not, and whether I would be able to go through with the surgery knowing, of course, the possibility of death.

I think I would put my children into surgery to be separated for fear of what others might think and because I would want my children to have "normal lives."
However, I would never want to be put in that position. Thinking about it is so much different from going through it.

How about you guys? Would you want to separate your children if this happened to you? Would you leave them how they are? Have any of you gone through something like this? Do any of you know anyone who did something like this?

I don't know if this has been brought up or not, so if it has...just let me know. I'll close.

How ya doing, buddy?

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 12:05 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 01:05 PM #2 of 6
Don't know if this has been brought up, but anyway, it'll depends on how much it's joined, where it's joined, how and if the surgery will risk their lives. If it's alright to separate them though, I'll do it at birth. Imagine the future they'll have, living as an abnormal being.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 09:36 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 09:36 AM #3 of 6
I saw one show on Discovery Health where one of the twins had a malfunctioning heart and the other twin's heart was pumping twice hard to supply blood to two bodies. The parents had to seperate them despite knowing they'll lose or they'll lose both because the one the good heart wouldn't live long.

Like Scarlet said, depends where they are conjoined and how successful a surgery will be.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
***Leaving for Japan MAY 16***
Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:44 AM #4 of 6
Okay...umm...how about this.
Is there a point where you wouldn't go through with the surgery? Say, for instance, that the babies(one or all) would lose a leg. Would you still go with a surgery?

Or maybe you couldn't do a surgery. Would you keep your babies?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 12:37 PM #5 of 6
Conjoined twins would live shorter lives if they stay together, or so I've heard. So, I think I'd take the chance to have one of them live a normal, healthy life instead of allowing them to slowly kill each other.

This topic poses a series of thoughts, though. I'm just curious how conjoined twins handle standard things in life. Using the computer? Driving/riding in a car? How do they do these things? Hmm...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 01:45 PM #6 of 6
This is so weird. I just finished reading an excellent book called The Girls. It was about conjoined twin girls who couldn't be separated because they were joined at the head and shared too many arteries. Since I've finished the book, I keep hearing people say "conjoined twins" in coversation, I keep hearing it on TV, etc. My husband says that conjoined twins are now stalking me. So weird.

Anyway, if it could be done safely, I would have my twins separated. I think they would live more fulfilling lives by being two people instead of one. As for the question about whether or not I would keep them, that is a definite yes. I would never give up a child (or children) no matter what.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Conjoined twins, anyone?