Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Media Centre (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Yaoi Panel, please read (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4002)

yuki chan Apr 10, 2006 12:49 PM

Yaoi Panel, please read

Well I am about to do a yaoi panel at a local event come very soon. This is my first ever and I would like people to input on this. Please post what you would expect to see at one. No flames or joke posts please. Thank you for your time.

Fjordor Apr 10, 2006 12:58 PM

What exactly is a yaoi panel?
And I know what yaoi is, so you don't need to elaborate on that.

Spatula Apr 10, 2006 01:11 PM

Like Fjordor said, would you mind elaborating on this Yaoi panel? Of course I wouldn't know.

yuki chan Apr 10, 2006 01:21 PM

A yaoi panel would be an active discussion of yaoi at an anime con. Most cons have one these days… at least I think they do

Fjordor Apr 10, 2006 01:23 PM

How much of an aficianado are you on the subject?

Spatula Apr 10, 2006 01:25 PM

How open are the people to discussing such things? You could be setting up for something you don't have good control over. I mean, discussing Yaoi isn't going to garner the same response as asking which member is your favorite of Section 9 (sup Fjordor, ya know its Kusanagi <3).

yuki chan Apr 10, 2006 01:26 PM

we have a section at which the panel talks and questions are taken later

Spatula Apr 10, 2006 01:28 PM

Okay, what I expect to see at such an event?

Er...

1) A pamphlet to initiate the uneduated of Yaoi (like myself, although I DO know what the subject is).

2) Suggested Manga/anime such topics for sale

eriol33 Apr 10, 2006 02:03 PM

I never liked yaoi, but I am tolareted for shonen ai since I like Clamp's works a lot. anyone have seen sukisyo?

Spatula Apr 10, 2006 02:06 PM

I was into X/1999, for the fighting ya know!

Cirno Apr 10, 2006 02:12 PM

There was fighting in X/1999?

chato Apr 10, 2006 02:12 PM

well ..if you count dreams and fighting with swords and all that bs.

JazzFlight Apr 10, 2006 02:13 PM

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/1...050411l7cd.jpg
Sorry, I just had to post that.

I mean, open discussion on Yaoi? What are you possibly thinking of talking about? It's gay anime. Okay. Are you going to talk about specific manga / anime that is considered yaoi?

Cirno Apr 10, 2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chato
well ..if you count dreams and fighting with swords and all that bs.

:tpg: I know. That joke was so bad I shouldn't have even posted it.

My friend keeps trying to get me to go to a yaoicon to see some girls. I told her that most of them are probably going to be smothered in grease and hyperactive. She (along with most of my girl friends) thinks I'm gay. I wasn't so concerned about the former, but the latter was something that I get kind of annoyed with at cons.

Anyway, I think it'd be like a nice social gathering to talk about things they're all interested in. Maybe discuss the future of yaoi, where yaoi may show up in other anime and game media, etc. Not something I'd like to talk about, but it's still a discussion of some sort.

chato Apr 10, 2006 02:36 PM

like jazz said, its gay anime lol.

But it is the "Animespot" and members should feel free to talk about anything that is anime/manga related. I dont normally talk about these kinds of topics anyway. just wanted to see what the thread-starter was talking about u.u..

eriol33 Apr 10, 2006 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Lewis

Anyway, I think it'd be like a nice social gathering to talk about things they're all interested in. Maybe discuss the future of yaoi, where yaoi may show up in other anime and game media, etc. Not something I'd like to talk about, but it's still a discussion of some sort.

I think to mention BL as "gay" is a bit taboo. Coz those freaky beautiful boys never consider themselves as gay actually (Paradox!). Well I'm very interested in discussing this topic.:)

UltimaIchijouji Apr 10, 2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Lewis
Maybe discuss the future of yaoi, where yaoi may show up in other anime and game media, etc. Not something I'd like to talk about, but it's still a discussion of some sort.

Discuss the future of yaoi? You mean it's going to get worse?

My friend likes yaoi. Bring some non-yaoi titles with "pretty" boys. Maybe you can dream up situations of them having sex with each other and make pairs and giggle over it. No I'm not even joking or trying to make fun.