Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Game Music Discussion (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mega Man music returns...sort of (Mighty No. 9) (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45101)

Elorin Sep 3, 2013 11:43 AM

Mega Man music returns...sort of (Mighty No. 9)

In case you didn't already know, there's a new Mega Man gam- uh, Mega Man-like game called Mighty No. 9 in the works for PC. Maybe Mac, Linux and consoles. Details here:

Mighty No. 9 by comcept USA, LLC — Kickstarter

And there are two pieces of music from the upcoming game for you to sample - one under Manami Matsumae's name and the other under the game's digital soundtrack info. If you count the video pitch music, then three, but it's really a remix of the first two. Kind of. They're pretty good, as new school Mega Man tunes go, to me at least.

So, what are your thoughts? Does the new main theme meet your expectations for what a Mega Man main theme should embody/have? Or is the association with Mega Man something that people shouldn't be hung up over?

What kind of music are you hoping for the game? What kind of music are you not hoping for the game?

Dream composer team? Seems like there will be at least three composers for Mighty No. 9, including Matsumae.

How about your voice making an audible impression in the game's ending theme for US$1,000? O_o

Kaleb.G Sep 6, 2013 02:43 AM

I think it's cool Inafune is reclaiming and controlling something of his own creation. However, I'm still skeptical that this will be anything but a shadow of Mega Man.

I've never been a Matsumae fan (outside a track here or there), but this game's theme song sounds nice, so I'm optimistic about the audio. I'm not sure where you have information about there being two other composers. I know Alex Mauer did the remix for the video, but that might have simply been in association with Two Player Productions. Personally, I hope some of the Inti composers get involved. They create some truly awesome music.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Sep 6, 2013 03:28 AM

To be fair, for a long time Mega Man hasn't been anything but a shadow of Mega Man, so it can't be any worse.

Elorin Sep 6, 2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaleb.G (Post 816545)
I'm not sure where you have information about there being two other composers.

Actually, it was an inference based on what the Kickstarter page said under the digital soundtrack info section. I took a pretty liberal interpretation!

Ken Hikari Sep 30, 2013 10:55 PM

I'm anxious to see how much money everyone can pool together. I can't believe the amount it's at now.

I'm all on board and can't wait to play it!!

Kaleb.G Oct 4, 2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elorin (Post 816549)
Actually, it was an inference based on what the Kickstarter page said under the digital soundtrack info section. I took a pretty liberal interpretation!

Currently, FYI, the confirmed composers are Ippo Yamada (MM7, Zero/ZX series), Takashi Tateishi (MM2), and of course Manami Matsumae (MM1).

Seems you might have been right! :tpg:

Elorin Oct 5, 2013 12:51 AM

I'm not really familiar with MM7's tunes but MM2's composer is on board?! Oh wow, that's all kinds of awesome!

Ever since the Mega Man contest we had some time back, Bubble Man's stage has become one of my favourite MM tracks. A lot of the other MM2 tunes are pretty incredible, too. So this new effort for Mighty No. 9 is highly anticipated!

daniles Jul 9, 2018 10:54 AM

fair enough...... :D

Little Brenty Brent Brent Jul 10, 2018 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Brenty Brent Brent (Post 816547)
To be fair, for a long time Mega Man hasn't been anything but a shadow of Mega Man, so it can't be any worse.

Never mind, turns out it could actually be worse. Much worse!

JolantaAgata Mar 28, 2022 03:27 PM

I've used shazam and downloaded all those background tunes in FIFA. Just lovely