Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Media Centre (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   05-06 NHL Discussion Thread (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=107)

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE Mar 2, 2006 03:22 PM

05-06 NHL Discussion Thread

Better known as the Ottawa Senators Discussion, this thread is making a triumphant comeback. Discuss all NHL news and scores.

No. Hard Pass. Mar 2, 2006 03:26 PM

God it's hard to be a Boston fan. On the plus side, after the olympics... at least we know trading Thornton was the right move.

BucPride Mar 2, 2006 03:29 PM

Its kinda hard for me to talk about hockey after that beating the Lightning took the other night...good lord. 7-0 against the Panthers.

Dopefish Mar 2, 2006 03:31 PM

I live in Boston (whine) and I support the Penguins (also whine).

Good news for Pittsburgh fans: if the Penguins won the rest of their games (22 = 44 points = 83 points total) it's possible they could still make the playoffs!

Bad news for Pittsburgh fans: if the Penguins won the rest of their games (22 = 44 points = 83 points total) it's possible they could still make the playoffs and lose out on another high draft pick!

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE Mar 2, 2006 03:31 PM

At least none of you have to be Penguin fans right now. Bottom of the NHL, again. Oh well, may as well keep it that way now, and end up with a lottery pick. We have many very good young players, and they look poised to really break out any season now.

Dopefish Mar 2, 2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo
At least none of you have to be Penguin fans right now. Bottom of the NHL, again. Oh well, may as well keep it that way now, and end up with a lottery pick. We have many very good young players, and they look poised to really break out any season now.

Where's that dead-horse smiley?

bishop743 Mar 2, 2006 07:25 PM

I'm not a big hockey fan, but damn, the Carolina Hurricanes are playing hella good this year. I had no idea they've been playing so well. I'm surely gonna keep track on them throughout the season.

Dopefish Mar 2, 2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop743
I'm not a big hockey fan, but damn, the Carolina Hurricanes are playing hella good this year. I had no idea they've been playing so well. I'm surely gonna keep track on them throughout the season.

Hey look! A bandwagon jumper! :)

bishop743 Mar 2, 2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dopefish
Hey look! A bandwagon jumper! :)

What are you talking about? I live in NC, dummy. :P Can't be a bandwagon jumper if you weren't on one from the start.

Dopefish Mar 2, 2006 08:00 PM

You didn't notice they were doing good, but now that you do you're going to pay attention to them. That's called jumping on the bandwagon. ESPECIALLY if you hadn't paid attention to them before.

bishop743 Mar 2, 2006 08:03 PM

Quote:

You didn't notice they were doing good, but now that you do you're going to pay attention to them. That's called jumping on the bandwagon. ESPECIALLY if you hadn't paid attention to them before.

umm... no sir, you are incorrect. A bandwagon jumper is someone who roots for one team, say in the playoffs or something, and when they lose start rooting for another team. I haven't been paying attention to them because I haven't been paying attention to HOCKEY IN GENERAL, especialy after the lockout. Not once did I mention that I was rooting for them to wni it all or anything like that. I just said I'd be keeping tabs on them to see how far they'd go. So yeah, work on your terminology. :)

Dopefish Mar 2, 2006 08:06 PM

Sorry, my bad.

You're a fair-weather fan. That's more accurate. :)

bishop743 Mar 2, 2006 08:08 PM

Quote:

Sorry, my bad.

You're a fair-weather fan. That's more accurate. :)

LOL! "fair-weather fan"? I don't think I've ever heard that term before. What does it mean?

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE Mar 2, 2006 08:08 PM

Wow Bishop is smart. Please don't post in here if you have no idea what you're talking about.

Not directed at Dopey

Dopefish Mar 2, 2006 08:09 PM

OK Capo, you've confused me. :)

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE Mar 2, 2006 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop743
LOL! "fair-weather fan"? I don't think I've ever heard that term before. What does it mean?

Take a wild guess.

Dopefish Mar 2, 2006 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo
Wow Bishop is smart. Please don't post in here if you have no idea what you're talking about.

Not directed at Dopey

So, are you being sarcastic?

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE Mar 2, 2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

So, are you being sarcastic?

It's so hard to convey on the internet...

Dopefish Mar 2, 2006 08:33 PM

If I had to guess (because it makes me feel better to do so), you are. :)

CapturedPenguin Mar 2, 2006 08:35 PM

It's great to be a Rangers fan right about now.

Wojo Mar 2, 2006 10:04 PM

This isn't a legit NHL season thread untill Fire On Ice posts in here.

Ronz Mar 3, 2006 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wojo
This isn't a legit NHL season thread untill Fire On Ice posts in here.

Hey guys just posting to say the sens won. Come back soon Dominator :(

Things should get interesting going down the stretch. The Wings/Canes/Sens are all really close to each other and a couple other teams aren't too far off like the Rangers/Stars/SABRESSSSSSSSSSSS/etc.

I'm also interested to see if any other big names are moved around before the trade deadline next week. Obviously there have been some big names moving already this season with Sergei Fedorov, Joe Thornton, Doug Weight etc. having already been shuffled around. I imagine we'll see a couple more decent moves before next Thursday as well.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Mar 3, 2006 07:34 PM

I am again angered by my team's refusal to invest in a quality goaltender, yet they continue to pay Jovanovski, one of the single most overrated defensemen in the league, over five MILLION dollars to not hit, pretend he's Bobby Orr and try a mad rush up the ice before losing the puck and directly causing a goal, and lob weak wristers at the opponent's net from the blue line.

Dear Florida: I will give you whatever you want for Roberto Luongo. Please write back soon.

Spyer Mar 5, 2006 02:27 PM

Well, Toronto lost..... again. Heh, I'm pretty sure their out of the playoffs now. If not, then their changes are very very slim. Stupid Toronto! They really need to fix up their defense.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Mar 5, 2006 05:31 PM

HAHA! Take that STUPID LEAFS!