Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Board Support (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Avro Arrow? (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36478)

Locke Feb 24, 2009 05:57 PM

Avro Arrow?

This is kickass that we're honouring the Arrow here, but why? how'd this all start?

Single Elbow Feb 24, 2009 06:04 PM

Why don't you ask Skills?

Locke Feb 24, 2009 06:11 PM

Because I don't want to?

did we have a meet to honour too? That would've been kickass, and I would've been pissed if I missed it.

Single Elbow Feb 24, 2009 06:52 PM

He comes up with all these ideas. Basically he started the idea.

Or if you're still snubbing the idea of asking just one person, try checking out Wikipedia for the story.

The unmovable stubborn Feb 24, 2009 06:57 PM

You know, I looked it up on wiki and it's basically

*AIRPLANE

*A PRETTY GOOD ONE!

*BUT, A CONTROVERSY?

*AIRPLANE CANCELLED

So I don't quite get why it's something anyone would give a shit about unless they're both Canadian and obsessed with aircraft, but that seems to describe 2/3 of the active board population anymore sooooooo

knkwzrd Feb 24, 2009 07:11 PM

I think that the only two people who actually care about it at all are Locke and Skills. Skills just happens to be in a position to change people's avatars.

It's actually pretty funny that Locke is the only Canadian to not have his shit changed.

Tails Feb 24, 2009 09:30 PM

There was an announcement about it that Skills wrote up, but it's gone now. :(

There's a link to the story written by one of the folks that worked on it (I'll try and get Skills to repost the link), but basically the plane was well ahead of it's time and canceled because American politicians are fuckers and Canadian politicians are spineless.

Also because Delta Wing fighters = rox. See: Eurofighter Typhoon

EDIT: Here it is.

Locke Feb 25, 2009 06:39 PM

Thanks for the info :) I know the story quite well actually, just was kind of suprised when I saw it when I came to GFF for my usual browsing, lol.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Feb 25, 2009 11:10 PM

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Yeah, I put it up because I realized it was the 50th anniversary. I also didn't know you were still actively posting so I never bothered to ask you if you wanted an avatar change. That's my bad, sorry man. I still have a half dozen unused ones if you want to put it up, PM me and I'll link you to them.

Scent of a Grundle Feb 25, 2009 11:12 PM

That seems to come up in our history a lot, doesn't it? Do something awesome, like invent a lightbulb, then sell the idea to someone else and move on to the next random idea.

Sarag Feb 26, 2009 05:09 AM

So what I'm hearing here is Canada is the country equivilant of Xerox labs.