Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Media Centre (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Milk: Does a body politic good (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35362)

Bradylama Nov 22, 2008 12:33 AM

Milk: Does a body politic good

YouTube Video

Film about California's first openly gay elected official. I won't spoil the ending with history so :shh: it's a secret. It'll have wide release on December 5th.

100% on Rotten Tomatoes as of the time of this post.

Additional Spam:
MILK GET!

The Times of Harvey Milk is on youtube, and it's a really good documentary you should watch.

Radez Nov 23, 2008 11:59 PM

For what it's worth, thanks for bringing this up. I watched the documentary, and I'm looking forward to the movie now. It's helpful to remember how much of my life I really shouldn't take for granted.

Paco Nov 24, 2008 12:06 AM

I had heard of this coming up because, ever since Into The Wild, I like to keep up with Sean Penn's projects. I never really knew of Harvey Milk until then but I'm actually really looking forward to this film.

el jacko Nov 24, 2008 12:17 AM

Looks interesting. Seems like Gus Van Sant's toned himself down a bit, which will make the film easier to digest (the last film of his I saw was Elephant, and I left confused and angry).

At the very least, it looks to be new territory for James Franco, an actor whose body of work I've always been impressed by (except maybe Spiderman).

Bradylama Nov 25, 2008 10:03 PM

Update: The Times of Harvey Milk was taken down on youtube by New Yorker Films which probably mean they're going to put it back into print in anticipation of the movie, so keep a look out for it. You can put on your shelf and your friends will be like, "Oh what's that a film about the dairy industry?" And you'll be like, "Naw bro it's a documentary about California's first openly gay elected official no big deal, really. :cool:"

Guru Dec 24, 2008 01:21 AM

Just saw Milk tonight. Was really a greatly inspirational film. Penn was, as usual, amazing in his role...although at times I had to kind of cringe at the similarities he showed between this performance and some of the nuances of his performance in "I Am Sam."

Overall, lots of great performances all around, from Penn to Franco to Hirsch. This movie is sad, but you know what to expect...and it doesn't end on a horrible note (a-la "Boys Don't Cry," so it's still inspriational in it's messaging).

It's a little creepy, the parallels of Proposition 6, taking place 30 years ago, and the current status of Proposition 8. I guess it's easy for one to argue the differences in scope between simple human rights and the redefinition of "marriage," but I think this is a greatly inspirational piece regarding gay rights and human rights in general.

If you have a chance to see this, definitely do. I don't think you'll be disappointed.