Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [PS2] Fursona 4 - It's like I'm really japanese again! (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33160)

Zeta26 Jul 6, 2008 01:25 AM

AX 2008: Persona 4 Gets Officially Announced

Along with the anime trinity soul. Atlus also confirmed that the 4th game in the Persona franchise will be releasing December 9th. The game will retail for $39.99

And the pre-order item seems to be a yellow shirt.

Chaotic Jul 6, 2008 01:28 AM

I just hope that the yellow shirt isn't too ugly.

The Plane Is A Tiger Jul 6, 2008 01:29 AM

Most exciting pre-order item ever.

More seriously, has anyone here actually watched Trinity Soul? Does it have many P3 spoilers or is it pretty much seperate? I'm still 3 Guardians from the end of P3, something I really should rectify, so I've been avoiding it.

No. Hard Pass. Jul 6, 2008 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hindman (Post 623759)
http://www.rpgland.com/content/media...vrdiscs415.jpg
December 9.
$40.
CD with "select songs" included.
Atlus USA

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beard Overflow (Post 623761)
I-Is it supposed to be ugly?

:( :( :(

ComradeTande Jul 6, 2008 01:51 AM

YouTube - Atlus USA Announcement Trailer: Persona 4

do like. although i'm not a fan of the artist, i like the original one :< (seems like the only thing the newer guy does is the characters, and the personas seem to be the old guy ^^;; that seems to quell my anger)

also official site 4 u
Official Persona 4 Website

zzeroparticle Jul 6, 2008 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tritoch (Post 623780)
More seriously, has anyone here actually watched Trinity Soul? Does it have many P3 spoilers or is it pretty much seperate? I'm still 3 Guardians from the end of P3, something I really should rectify, so I've been avoiding it.

Trinity Soul is a separate entity from Persona 3 with the only thing carrying over (before I dropped this series in disgust of course) was Igor appearing in episode 1 along with the Velvet Room music. I honestly wouldn't waste your time watching it (unless you have time to waste) because of how that show just becomes a generic action series with little in the way of horror or grittiness that the games had. In fact, everything about it screams generic down to the plot and furthermore, the lack of any evoker devices (!!!) means we don't even get the satisfaction of seeing the characters become an hero. Avoid it like the plague.

ComradeTande Jul 6, 2008 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzeroparticle (Post 623786)
Trinity Soul is a separate entity from Persona 3 with the only thing carrying over (before I dropped this series in disgust of course) was Igor appearing in episode 1 along with the Velvet Room music. In fact, everything about it screams generic down to the plot and furthermore, the lack of any evoker devices (!!!) means we don't even get the satisfaction of seeing the characters become an hero. .

1) Yukari is in the anime

2) original persona games didn't even have an invoker device.

zzeroparticle Jul 6, 2008 02:04 AM

1) My bad, I dropped it after 4 episodes, so either I wasn't too observant, or she appears later and

2) Fair enough. I'd gone into the series with the expectation of a Persona 3 world.

ComradeTande Jul 6, 2008 02:42 AM

yukari is in the first episode - chick with whale feathers. but its okay, every anime based on megaten games have been subpar.

anyway, seems like the series is going by in twos. I was really dissapointed when the 3rd one had nothing to do with the first or second one, while as the first two match (characters, first one before second, etc) (also counting the 2 second ones as one ^^;;). I'm guessing the forth has to do with the third a lot, characters seem in a like setting (school! again! hurrah?).

Infernal Monkey Jul 6, 2008 07:03 AM

Hey cool, banana discs! The PS2 is going out with style!

Ramenbetsu Dec 1, 2008 02:41 PM

Welp. P4 drops next week. Just ordered my DJ guide before it disappears forever. It was that or Pure off amazon ='(.

Soluzar Dec 1, 2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokubetsu (Post 663185)
P4 drops next week. Just ordered my DJ guide before it disappears forever. It was that or Pure off amazon ='(.

I got my pre-order in at RosenQueen.com which included the DJ guide.

Chaotic Dec 1, 2008 05:24 PM

Gotta set up a pre-order for this game as well.

Schadenfreude Dec 2, 2008 09:15 AM

I was pondering selling off my PS2 (I hardly play any games on it these days, and I could use the cash, primarily to help with college) but then I realised that P4 is coming out and, well...

Saying "goodbye, dear PS2!" will have to wait.

Metal Sphere Dec 2, 2008 10:04 AM

I preordered it from Amazon way back in October (along with that sweet expansion pack thing they have over there). Lots of swag for one game.

Cetra Dec 4, 2008 12:11 AM

Just a FYI, Amazon has the basic release (still comes with the same soundtrack CD and art book the rest of the stores have) for $34.99, so 5 bucks off. Sweet deal as you don't have to give any money to EBGames and you can go buy yourself a few tacos with the money you saved.

And no I don't work for Amazon or anything.

Tankalex_Storm Dec 4, 2008 11:57 PM

I'll have to check that deal out, Shin Megami Tensai games are normally worth getting.

Miles Dec 5, 2008 02:44 AM

I did order from amazon but the free shipping makes the delivery date in late December (after the 25th) going with 2 day shipping puts it at the same price as picking it up from the store. So I'm just gonna go with Gamestop so I can get this game on the 10th and fail my finals because of it. :3:

Though honestly I really REALLY want this game NOW! ;____;

The Plane Is A Tiger Dec 5, 2008 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 664565)
So I'm just gonna go with Gamestop so I can get this game on the 10th and fail my finals because of it. :3:

This is the same reason I'll be forcing myself to wait until the 11th to pick it up. I've got a giant world history final on the 10th and an evil biology final on the 11th, and I know I'd probably ignore studying for either of them if I had P4 in my hands. :(

Cetra Dec 8, 2008 12:26 AM

So apparently this is tied in first with GTA3 and Tony Hawk 3 as being the highest rated game of all time on the PS2 based on Media Critic. Amazing for a game of this genre.

Chaotic Dec 8, 2008 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cetra (Post 665315)
So apparently this is tied in first with GTA3 and Tony Hawk 3 as being the highest rated game of all time on the PS2 based on Media Critic. Amazing for a game of this genre.

Definitely. I hope the reviews keep it up there.

Ugh, I'm so excited for this game. :tpg:

Miles Dec 8, 2008 01:38 AM

Until IGN and/or Gamespot ruins it.

Metal Sphere Dec 8, 2008 01:45 AM

Good point, though there's a good chance they'll keep that number high. IGN's especially prone to staying on the high side for game reviews.

What's interesting is that the PS2's last big title is going to send the console off with a bang.

Chaotic Dec 8, 2008 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 665324)
Until IGN and/or Gamespot ruins it.

Oh fuck, totally forgot about that one.

Well, Gamespot did like Persona 3. They rated both the original and FES an 8.5...

Then again, the did just rate Sonic Unleashed a 3.5, while giving Bolt a 7.0.

Seriously?

Chaotic Dec 9, 2008 11:33 PM

So the game is out... Who picked it up and what do you think of it so far?

Haven't had the chance to pop it in myself yet, but soon enough for me... I'll have my input soon.