Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Game Music Discussion (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   PLAY! A Video Game Symphony (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1756)

Klondike Apr 23, 2006 10:32 PM

I would be up for a GFF meet of sorts. Also, I am planning on bringing my Nintendo DS...I attended one of the last Dear Friends concerts without it, and heard afterwards that there was tons of picochatting going on which I'd have loved to be in on. So anyone who's got one, bring it.

Cooked Auto Apr 24, 2006 02:27 PM

As soon as I heard they were having a concert in Stockholm I went almost nuts witn joy. And bought a ticket for almost immedietley after they were released. As a VGM Maniac I didnt want to miss it. Probably the only time Sweden will have such luck. >_>

And when I heard Uematsu and Chris Hülsbeck are attending the concert, it sounds too good to be missed.

Klondike Apr 26, 2006 09:43 PM

Also, does anyone who lives in Chicago want to host a GFF crash party the night before/of? :)

StarBeamAlpha Apr 27, 2006 11:53 PM

I can't wait to go to this!

Music4Games May 19, 2006 07:42 PM

Jeremy Soule's Oblivion has been added to the bill -
http://www.music4games.net/News_Display.aspx?id=293

Kaleb.G May 19, 2006 07:44 PM

This thing just keeps getting bigger. I haven't been keeping score, but it seems like they have 50 tracks lined up and like a dozen composers attending.

Drakken May 19, 2006 11:36 PM

Wow. I wonder what date I should order tickets by if I want to be sure I get them for the July 27th Philly show?

Music4Games May 22, 2006 05:32 AM

We conducted an email interview with the PLAY! concert producer here:
http://www.music4games.net/Features_Display.aspx?id=57

newtype06 May 23, 2006 11:52 AM

what is the dress code per-se? im attending this weekend though only the cheapest seat coz i got not much dough :(

Music4Games May 23, 2006 03:01 PM

here's the latest announcement which will be of interest to PLAY! attendees:

Hitoshi Sakimoto and Yoko Shimomura to attend PLAY! Detroit concert
http://www.music4games.net/News_Display.aspx?id=298

I believe dress code is smart casual.

Kaleb.G May 23, 2006 03:34 PM

Sakimoto presents music from Vagrant Story, a.k.a. the theme music of Detroit.

Toma May 23, 2006 04:36 PM

Ah FUCK! They'd better come through Seattle eventually.

Conspera May 23, 2006 05:03 PM

Interesting, more and more popular composers are attending each PLAY! concert; at this rate, I certainly wouldn't be too surprised having some other composers like Hamauzu or Sakuraba come in.

Klondike May 24, 2006 08:28 AM

It's been announced that Yoko Shimomura and Hitoshi Sakimoto will both be attending the concert in Detroit on July 12th.

News here:
http://play-symphony.com/news.php

Amanda May 27, 2006 01:10 PM

So, who's going to the Toronto show? Tickets for the general public went on sale today, and (barring a second fuck-up with Ticketmaster) I just snagged mine.

That's no small commitment for me, considering I'm going to have to pay so much extra to fly up there from Newfoundland and find a hotel or hostel for the weekend. THAT'S how much hope I have for this show, even without any special guests announced yet. It's so far in the future that I guess they haven't arranged anything yet, so I suppose the only thing to do is to check the site from time to time and hope the ONE Canadian show gets some love eventually.

cubed May 27, 2006 10:59 PM

Hmm I wonder if I'll be able to find replacement for that weekend of sept. 30... Because it's a 6-hours trip from my house, I better find a hotel there too.

eriol33 May 28, 2006 12:37 AM

just a quick information guys... recently I read news that a popchestra in my country, called Twilite Orchestra has planned to perform Final Fantasy concert in my country in June. The information is still vague, they do recruit pianist who could play Tatakau Monotachi though. I will keep you informed, and if they happen to release a CD after the concert, I would buy it and share it to community of course.

This is really a surprise, considering not too many people in my country know the name of "final fantasy".

Musashinden May 28, 2006 12:46 AM

It was awesome, enough said!, i attended the chicago one and i must say that although there were a few things i wish would have been implemented more (ex.Final Fantasy Main Theme instead of One Winged Angel twice) it was unbelievable. Koji Kondo did a piano solo for the Wii mario game that was absolutely amazing, the sonic arrangements made my mouth drop! and MGS!!! omg!, Akira Yamaoka, chrono cross theme arranged/orchestrated...sigh!! I am so angry they didnt have cd's LOL, nothing like enjoying a night of this and not being able to take anything home to listen to lol!!! I could really go on and on about it, but its too much. I certainly do hope you guys and gals enjoy it as i have:D.

Amanda May 28, 2006 01:04 AM

Maybe by the time they get around to the Canadian concert in September, they'll have some CDs to sell. That'd make it worth the wait, at least. ;)

Did they play any Silent Hill music at the Chicago concert, Musashinden? I'm curious what tracks they would have chosen (except the obvious main theme, of course).

Nice to hear that One Winged Angel made it, though. I put the More Friends version on one of the mix CDs I play while driving, and because of that, I've gradually gotten far, far more fond of OWA than I used to be. It's oddly invigorating to be driving in heavy traffic with the orchestra/Black Mages live version blaring.

Conspera May 28, 2006 02:53 PM

I was also at the Chicago concert, and Akira Yamaoka himself played on the guitars and did an awesome rendition of Theme of Laura, with backing instruments by the orchestra; very good stuff.

Unfortunately, my hotel was far away, so I couldn't stay to hear the second showing of One-Winged Angel (it was eleven by then), but the first time around was already great. Liberi Fatali was practically perfect, though.

horseman85 May 28, 2006 03:25 PM

Got my ticket for the Toronto show! Yes! Btw, how long is the conert gonna be? I'm wondering if i can get a bus out of TO by midnight or if i should just stay with friends that night . . .

Musashinden May 28, 2006 06:48 PM

Amanda, Yamaoka played guitar behind the orchestra (a la Special End Title from the Biohazard Orchestral Album) which was awesome indeed:D! I cant remember exactly how long it was but i KNOW it was LOONG lol, OVER 2 hours at least;). The concert started at 8 and ended about 11pm:D. I mean they way they did MGS Main Theme, Sonic, even Koji Kondos' new Mario Wii Theme he did solo on piano was incredible. There so much to it, you all should check it out if possible. I cant wait to get a cd:).

Drakken May 28, 2006 10:39 PM

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

That sounds amazing. I wish I could've been there. :-/

I'm hoping to see the July 27th one in Philly.

Klondike May 29, 2006 12:20 PM

Koji Kondo's piano solo wasn't from Super Mario Galaxy, that was the main level theme from the new DS Mario game. Arnie Roth confirmed it too, saying it was from "the new Super Mario Bros game". I can see why people would have confused it, but if you play it on the DS it's the exact song. Koji Kondo isn't credited as the composer for the new DS game (only the "Sound Director"), but it'd be cool if that song ended up in some form in Super Mario Galaxy anyway.

The concert in general was outstanding. Everyone was so excited and the show had lots of special treats with random performances and solos between the orchestra's songs. Angela Aki has the voice of a goddess (as well as being blindingly hot).

I gave Jeremy Soule an origami box as thanks for contributing to Overclocked ReMix an arrangement of FF6's Terra's Theme.

Josh_1 May 29, 2006 03:00 PM

I'm attending the Detroit concert, also :)! I want to get V.I.P. tickets and give Ms. Shimomura a copy of my KH arrangements, heh. I just hope that by the time I round up my friends to order tickets, that the V.I.P. seats won't all be taken.

As for the Chicago concert, WOW! I loved every bit of it! I especially loved the Battlefield suite, and the Chrono Series Suite. The percussionist they featured was awesome, and his playing really fit Time's Scar. The Elder Scrolls suites were also great. I was rather impressed with the American game music contributions, and the Japanese were more nostalgic and just as entertaining. Yamaoka's performance was awesome, as well! The orchestral rock was a perfect way to give the concert some variety in styles. I can't wait for Detroit :D!