Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Media Centre (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [Movie] GamingForce TV (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34689)

Meridius Oct 1, 2008 02:17 PM

GamingForce TV

Yeah yeah, I know, I've disappeared for two years and I immediately set about doing something big and scary, but hear me out.

I had an idea the other day about having our own community vidcast (basically like a podcast.. but video, strangely enough), and decided to put the idea to you all.

Note I said vidcast, because for ADHD types like me, podcasts are dull as hell for holding attention. Plus, I've worked with Channel 4 and the BBC in the UK so video editing is a piece of cake anyway.

As for taking part, that would be relatively simple. Anyone willing to contribute a segment could do so, providing they have at the bare minimum a webcam and a way to record audio (i.e. the microphone on the webcam), but of course, a proper camera/camcorder would be preferred. I could also set up an FTP server so files could be uploaded directly there to keep video quality high.

Of course, segments would have to be checked to see if they would make it into the final production (i.e. quality of video and of content). We can't have a mass of newbies submitting godawful webcam reviews of the latest Dragonball Z game. As for how this checking would proceed, any ideas would be welcome.

Anyhoo, I just thought I would throw this out there. If there's enough interest, we'll talk about taking it further :p

nuttyturnip Oct 1, 2008 02:29 PM

Well, we've already got a weekly show/podcast, and I've only had one steady contributor as far as pre-recorded content. To me, the most entertaining part of the show is the interaction between the participants, and that's hard to get with taped segments from lone members. I could see this as a one-time project, though.

Meridius Oct 1, 2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuttyturnip (Post 649094)
Well, we've already got a weekly show/podcast, and I've only had one steady contributor as far as pre-recorded content. To me, the most entertaining part of the show is the interaction between the participants, and that's hard to get with taped segments from lone members. I could see this as a one-time project, though.

Yes I saw that earlier, but I do see your point. Maybe we could have certain (willing obviously) members meet up with other members for segments?

I think the way to go would probably be a pilot (in other words the one-time project), and if the format seems to work then it could continue on say a monthly or bi-monthly basis.

Matt Oct 1, 2008 03:29 PM

Kind of off-topic, but bear with me here:

This would be cool to do in the Chocojournals too. Like, instead of writing crap down that's so incredibly TL;DR worthy it ain't funny, they could just talk for 5 minutes or so and get it all out. Kind of like a Lonelygirl15 thing, only, you know, LonelyChocobo15.

Back on-topic:

It would be an interesting video, if done right. I think it all depends on what the contributions are like. I'm a big fan of vidcasts like Martin Sargent's Internet Superstar after all.

Krelian Oct 1, 2008 07:51 PM

There's very little that makes my blood boil more than people gazing into a webcam, moving back and forth in their office chairs and saying "um" a lot.

Gechmir Oct 1, 2008 08:01 PM

Some people would pay good money to see creepy GFFers on a webcam! ;V

LIVE WEBCAM. I mean come on. This is a damned gold mine! =0

Meridius Oct 1, 2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrelEN (Post 649121)
There's very little that makes my blood boil more than people gazing into a webcam, moving back and forth in their office chairs and saying "um" a lot.

Agreed, but hey, we need to be able to keep it accessible to people who may not have a camcorder. Of course, it doesn't guarantee their segment will be accepted if they go "um" a lot :erm:

Rotorblade Oct 1, 2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gechmir (Post 649122)
Some people would pay good money to see creepy GFFers on a webcam! ;V

Did you just volunteer, Gech?

Gechmir Oct 1, 2008 08:33 PM

Depending upon the pay! :mad: I shan't free myself up for less than $4.21 per show or, alternatively, a can of roasted, salted pecans! Those damn things are hard to find around here! :mad:

nuttyturnip Oct 1, 2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gechmir (Post 649125)
Depending upon the pay! :mad: I shan't free myself up for less than $4.21 per show or, alternatively, a can of roasted, salted pecans!

Why, so you can shake your salty nuts around on camera?

Single Elbow Oct 1, 2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 649102)
Kind of off-topic, but bear with me here:

This would be cool to do in the Chocojournals too. Like, instead of writing crap down that's so incredibly TL;DR worthy it ain't funny, they could just talk for 5 minutes or so and get it all out. Kind of like a Lonelygirl15 thing, only, you know, LonelyChocobo15.

Back on-topic:

It would be an interesting video, if done right. I think it all depends on what the contributions are like. I'm a big fan of vidcasts like Martin Sargent's Internet Superstar after all.

Youtube exists for this type of nonsense. Much easier to do it there.

Gechmir Oct 1, 2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuttyturnip (Post 649130)
Why, so you can shake your salty nuts around on camera?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/GeopAg/wth.jpg

Meridius Oct 2, 2008 02:01 PM

Well the lack of interest and best of all, the post above says it all really.

Plus, after thinking it over the past day or so, it would be a struggle to make it work anyway! So thread closed to prevent Gech's salty nuts being broadcast to the nation.