Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [:plant:] MrShinra: Im gonna go get a drink while Acer dies for a while (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41740)

FatsDomino Oct 12, 2010 01:41 PM

MrShinra: Im gonna go get a drink while Acer dies for a while

Hello and welcome to my let's play thread. You don't know what that is? Where have you been?! Well it's simple really. Although it is loose in how let's plays originally work I simply stream myself playing a game and you can join the stream and make commentary, suggestions, or yell at me for being a terrible terrible person at videogames and I'll talk back to you through a microphone and comment about crap going on in the game.

Games I've streamed include Minecraft and uhh Metroid Other M. Obviously Minecraft is mostly just me futzing around but I streamed most of Metroid Other M. What a horrible game but what a fun game to stream.

So speaking of Metroid Other M I am finished with it now. I may go back to maybe stream the beginning or 100% it if I'm feeling particularly masochistic one day but for now I'd like to play a new game. I'm taking suggestions.

So far I have Skills with Demon's Souls, A Boy and his Blob (Wii), and the Excite Truck/Bugs or whatever games. As hilarious as it would be to fail over and over at Demon's Souls it might be better to choose something I might actually be able to complete and that doesn't bore people to sleep.

Once I've decided what to stream you'll be able to join in on the fun by clicking the following:

DA STREAM

And if you want to see past broadcasts then check out the archive: CLICK~

My streaming for Let's Plays is a little irregular from my other streaming programs. Typically I'll try for Friday or Monday and always late at night. I'll always try to post in this thread before I start to give people a heads up if they'd like to join in on the fun.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Oct 12, 2010 04:30 PM

You should play Jet Set Willy on a Spectrum Emulator. I can think of little more amusing than watching you trying to beat that.

Worm Oct 12, 2010 08:47 PM

A Boy and His Blob or some other puzzly game would be fun because then we can all yell out solutions at you. ACER I SAID TANGERINE TRAMPOLINE NOT LICORICE LADDER.

FatsDomino Oct 14, 2010 10:52 PM

Hello everybody! I've done a foolish thing. I've spent good hard cash on Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 for 360. You do realize that you must suffer with me, yes? I plan to stream this SHIT tomorrow night. Be there.

FatsDomino Oct 15, 2010 09:08 PM

I'm going to be starting Sonic 4 in a couple minutes. Join me for the horrible if you wish. =')

Dark Nation Oct 15, 2010 09:48 PM

MAD GEAR ATTACKS ACER WITH SPIKES OF DOOM

ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

FatsDomino Oct 16, 2010 09:11 PM

I just noticed the title change. =')

Well in that case I'm gonna play a game where you can't die. >=Y

In about 30 minutes I'll let's play more of Kirby's Epic Yarn. Hope to see ya there.

No. Hard Pass. Oct 16, 2010 11:50 PM

He says this, and then he finds a way to die in Kirby.

Dark Nation Oct 17, 2010 03:00 AM

Just as an aside from Acer deaths, Kirby's Epic Yarn is Epic ADORABLE.

Sousuke Oct 17, 2010 11:08 AM

Acer, your Tom Woole voice reminds me of Stephen Fry, and it makes the game 1000x more amusing to watch. :3:

FatsDomino Oct 17, 2010 11:12 AM

Unfortunately I'm not exactly very stable at voices. I'll probably forget how these characters sound by the time I get back to them. I'm glad you enjoy my silly voices though.

I'll have to get around to encoding last night's broadcast later. I had a lot of fun.

i am good at jokes Oct 17, 2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denicalis (Post 772253)
He says this, and then he finds a way to die in Kirby.

Do you mean when a little angel comes up and rescues him from a pit/lava?

Because I guess that was technically dying, but with the least amount of consequence possible, what with the game picking up exactly where it left off.

FatsDomino Oct 17, 2010 01:43 PM

Yeah, there are no lives. There are no continues. There really isn't a way to fail except perhaps giving up but why would you? The only thing going into a bottomless pit or getting crushed or lava gets you is a loss of gems which if they manage to spill out over the ground are completely recoverable. You just have to be quick enough before they blink out of existence.

Sousuke Oct 17, 2010 06:11 PM

Acer, what do you use to broadcast? Like, hard-/software?

FatsDomino Oct 17, 2010 06:33 PM

It's a fairly simple solution. Livestream's procaster does most of the work broadcast wise. I can position an zoom an area for it to record and broadcast. I use a hauppauge hd pvr hardware capture device to capture component video. It comes with software that you can use for recording video but I only use it's preview window and let procaster do the actual recording business. Procaster can be a bit of a nitpick so before I open it I always turn on my microphone and make sure the capture device is turned off. Procaster allows you to use webcams so it thinks the capture device is a webcam. Unfortunately since Procaster doesn't understand how to interface with the capture device as a webcam it freaks out and won't start so I only turn on the capture device after I've started the broadcast (at least once, if I'm quick enough I can get a broadcast going again). Anyway, that's mostly it.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Oct 17, 2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcerBandit (Post 772289)
which if they manage to spill out over the ground are completely recoverable. You just have to be quick enough before they blink out of existence.

If Sonic the other night taught me anything, this is not your forte.

FatsDomino Oct 18, 2010 12:07 AM

loooool well Kirby doesn't control like a giant cheese wheel balanced on your dick, Skills, so I manage well enough in this game. =')

FatsDomino Oct 18, 2010 09:31 PM

Alright I'm gonna start streaming more Kirby soon. Hope to see some peoples there. =)

FatsDomino Dec 17, 2010 09:58 PM

I've been pretty lax in updating this thread while I've been let's playing Donkey Kong Country Returns. I should be beating it tonight. You're welcome to join me. I'll be starting soon.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Dec 18, 2010 03:04 AM

Are you planning on finishing up to 101% before switching to Vanquish? All you've got left is a few KONG collections, 8-K and 9-1.

As amusing as it would be to see you tackle the trials and the puzzle pieces and go for :C: I don't think it would be the best use of stream time.

Start Vanquish. On Hard. Don't be a giant slobbering Paco shaped vagina.

FatsDomino Dec 18, 2010 07:38 PM

I'll try Vanquish on hard at first but if it becomes to the point where no progress is made at all then I'll have to lower the difficulty.

I'm kind of curious what the hell is in the golden temple. When is the best time for you to stream anyway cuz I know you have night-shift. It may be better for me to do DKCR tonight while you're working and then start Vanquish after you return. Not sure what would be best. Hmmm...

FatsDomino Dec 19, 2010 12:05 AM

gonna play some more DKCR while skills is at work, see you in a few minutes

FatsDomino Dec 24, 2010 11:17 PM

VANQUISH TIME! =D

FatsDomino Jan 15, 2011 11:29 PM

MORE TIME FOR VANQUISH! RIGHT NOW!

FatsDomino Apr 16, 2011 10:18 PM

Been a while. Gonna play some Amnesia - The Dark Descent - tonight. Gonna get scured~

Single Elbow Apr 17, 2011 06:06 AM

More like gonna get five things right.

1. Acid Hammer
2. Jump on an object 50 times
3. "Oh hey, fish!"
4. Shaggy voice for reading notes
5. Old Spice guy for reading notes

Died at the last 2 laughing swear to christ

FatsDomino Apr 17, 2011 10:34 AM

<3<3<3 o u guys

listened to that shit on the recording
my impressions are horrible
i have no idea why you guys like them
but still <3

I can report that I did not have nightmares. I still haven't gotten enough sleep though cuz holy shit stopping at 7 AM. ='D

Dark Nation Apr 17, 2011 11:29 AM

I missed old spice guy voice? damm my inexplicable need to sleep :(

THE POWER OF WATER Apr 17, 2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcerBandit (Post 782137)
listened to that shit on the recording
my impressions are horrible
i have no idea why you guys like them

1). That is exactly the reason why.

also to be taken into account:

2). Sleep deprivation makes everything 10x funnier.

map car man words telling me to do things Apr 18, 2011 01:18 AM

Sadly I missed the second stream from last night :(

We obviously need more 7 AM acer streams so I can catch them as well.

FatsDomino Jul 1, 2011 10:15 PM

Last week I played the end of OoT 3D. Now it's time to start from the beginning. Master Quest. See ya there~

FatsDomino Jul 2, 2011 11:01 PM

More OoT 3D Master Quest tonight~ see ya there

FatsDomino Jul 9, 2011 09:15 AM

o lol looks like people really wanted me to LP last night, just checked the chatlog, anyway sorry about that but i was freaking exhausted yesterday, it's been a loooong week, comma comma comma comma, , , ,

i'll see what i can do about that tonight, sorry if i let your work buddies down =(

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Jul 9, 2011 10:50 AM

Dammit, I'll be at my penultimate shitty job shift tonight.

Oh well, I'll try to join in after I get back. you usually go quite late.

Master Quest again?

FatsDomino Jul 9, 2011 10:47 PM

Alright, change of plans. We're doing minecraft tonight. Hardcore map. THE BLACK DESERT. Feel free to join in on my server or just watch and chat instead.

SERVER INFO EDITTED OUT

FatsDomino Jul 10, 2011 01:56 AM

alright guys oot 3d master quest time now

FatsDomino Jul 16, 2011 10:17 PM

More oot 3d master quest. Tackling the fire temple tonight~ maybe more~

see you in the stream

FatsDomino Nov 12, 2011 10:53 PM

PLAYING SKYRIM BITCHES

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Nov 13, 2011 10:55 AM

That was some quality shit that I was there for.

The dramatic reading of that ENTIRE NOVEL.

AND THEN THE SECOND ACCENT.

Oh my god.

FatsDomino Nov 13, 2011 01:56 PM

looool I spent most of the time reading. Only CHz was there for the first dragon slaying and then the over-encumbered trudge back to Whiterun.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Nov 13, 2011 02:34 PM

Are you planning on doing more?

FatsDomino Nov 13, 2011 04:57 PM

I might do more tonight once the basement is cleared out but I don't plan to play nearly as long. Maybe to 1 or 2 AM tops. 6 AM is really something I can't do more than once a week yeesh.

FatsDomino Nov 24, 2011 01:49 AM

gonna play skyward sword
at an ungodly hour
if you don't want spoilers then you don't have to watch
i just want to play it really badly
right
this
second

map car man words telling me to do things Nov 24, 2011 06:45 AM

dat cat swimming

I can't wait for my copy to arrive ;_;

FatsDomino Nov 24, 2011 07:01 AM

dumbo kitty is the best

also skyward pumpkin =')

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Jan 14, 2012 01:04 PM

Last night we streamed a new experiment. Acer streaming multiplayer stuff with accompanying Skype chat. It was a few hours of Magicka because that crashed horribly for all of us, and then a few hours of Mario Kart 7.

It was beyond excellent, and I think it's something we should do on a more regular basis. If people are interested in this sort of thing, please let us know in this thread. Also let us know of any other games that might be great ideas.

One of my thoughts was Terraria, Trackmania United and Frozen Synapse. Anyone got any other ideas?

map car man words telling me to do things Jan 14, 2012 03:46 PM

I am in full support of Frozen Synapse as I own that one. Almost said Trackmania, but then I realized you did not mean Canyon.

Maybe Space Station 13?
Space Station 13 by Exadv1 at BYOND Games

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Jan 14, 2012 03:50 PM

I did not mean canyon because I want as many people as possible to participate, and I think more of us own United already.

No. Hard Pass. Jan 14, 2012 09:42 PM

I'm in.

Single Elbow Jan 14, 2012 11:11 PM

I have both Terraria and Frozen Synapse.

The unmovable stubborn Jan 15, 2012 01:34 AM

Oh hey me me me me me me

Hey Term remember when you were all WHO'S DOWN FOR SOME UNREAL TOURNAMENT and then literally everyone was like "I AM" and then you were like OKAY I'LL SET A DATE FOR THAT SHIT and then ummm hmm hrrrmmm So that's one idea!

This Trackmania business apparently costs like $30 and I'm pretty much never going to play a racing game outside of this though so. All other ideas so far are great.

Also, Nation Red has some co-op if you guys are into the whole zombie-shoot thing but maybe that's played out for a lot of folks. Also the old Serious Sam games maybe?

Single Elbow Jan 15, 2012 04:38 AM

Actually I tried that Steam UT thing and hurp derp it won't connect to our games and shit or maybe I'm just dumb PROLLY DUMB but it doesn't work

Also buying a 4-pack Nation Red but lacking a 4th player and have both Serious Sam: TFE and TSE HD though

map car man words telling me to do things Jan 15, 2012 08:04 AM

What about KING ARTHUR'S GOLD

King Arthur's Gold

FatsDomino Jan 15, 2012 03:29 PM

Well multiplayer gaming aside (which was fantastic btw) last night's session of Katawa Shoujo was read-tacular! Am I right? Right?!

Term and Garr stayed to the very end. Term is a Hanako fan through and through. I'm attempting to get the Lilly route though. Hope I didn't bore the rest of you watching too much.

LIAR Jan 16, 2012 10:40 AM

I am down for multiplayer gaming of any sort, of games I own or are cheap enough not to rape my bank by having to buy new games every week.

FatsDomino Feb 23, 2013 04:03 PM

Nothing special to note about me streaming today or not.

However, for anyone that subscribed to my stream or something please note I no longer use the justin.tv account that I used to. I'm now on ustream.

I still like people using http://www.thegond.com/letsplay/ for when I stream since it has the chat client I look at in it. Anyway that page obviously has been updated to the ustream account that I use.

During a drink-on I held a few months ago I lost my justin.tv account to an automatic copyright flag which was complete horseshit but there's nothing I can do about it. Anyway, I'm keeping exclusive to gaming on this ustream account so there shouldn't be any issues hopefully. If I switch accounts again in the future I'll try to remember to post about it in this thread.

Single Elbow Feb 23, 2013 08:57 PM

Any games on your lineup? It's been a while since we had one!

The unmovable stubborn Feb 23, 2013 09:00 PM

ACERRRRR

PLAY SHADOWGATE

FatsDomino Feb 23, 2013 10:35 PM

I assume you mean for the NES? I guess I could. It'll be awful.

As far as a lineup. Shiiiiit. I still haven't finished Vanquish and Skyward Sword. Skills sent me a shootemup game on PS2 I haven't even touched as well. Fuck.

Additional Spam:
Okay I will be streaming Shadowgate right now I guess. Heads up!

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Feb 23, 2013 10:37 PM

Wait

what did I buy you?

The unmovable stubborn Feb 24, 2013 04:40 AM

http://operationrainfall.com/wp-cont...e-the-book.gif

Final Fantasy Phoneteen Feb 24, 2013 01:01 PM

I think about the only thing he didn't try was speaking to it.

That was a ton of fun, but loooooooong. Still, I hope to catch the next one. It's quite entertaining!

EDIT: props to the new tags

FatsDomino Feb 24, 2013 08:22 PM

You guys are all terrible, horrible people.

I had a lot of fun.

But maaaaaaaan. So bad. The lot of you.

THE POWER OF WATER Feb 24, 2013 08:33 PM

Only one of us read The Horse Whisperer aloud.

Hint: it was you, you are the terribles

FatsDomino Feb 24, 2013 11:38 PM

Yeah, it was your punishment. Besides it wasn't all bad. I read squirrelking after it.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Feb 25, 2013 10:07 PM

[ 19:03:41 ] [ +Garr ] I got the secret ending because I managed to take that book with me.
[ 19:03:45 ] [ +AnnieMoose ] and try every single possibility on them
[ 19:03:51 ] [ +AnnieMoose ] WHAT
[ 19:04:06 ] [ +AnnieMoose ] there's a secret ending?

wvlfpvp Feb 28, 2013 02:53 PM

So does this mean that you have to play Uninvited next?

Little Brenty Brent Brent Feb 28, 2013 09:13 PM

NO. OATH IN FELGHANA.

The unmovable stubborn Feb 28, 2013 09:27 PM

Yeah, an Oath race was proposed and must happen.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Feb 28, 2013 11:21 PM

Oh, a RACE?

Yeah ok let's do that

Single Elbow Mar 1, 2013 10:26 PM

Oath next time? Shit. I am super down on this. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen Mar 2, 2013 04:55 PM

I have my copy sitting on Steam. I would not be against playing it.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Mar 2, 2013 05:43 PM

Wait, legit talk.

Let's actually plan for a race.

Are we going to stream side by side? Is it going to be just acer's stream while everyone else is playing and offering colour commentary?

How's this going to go down?

The unmovable stubborn Mar 3, 2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shake it, Quake it, SPACE KABOOM (Post 809807)
Wait, legit talk.

Let's actually plan for a race.

Are we going to stream side by side? Is it going to be just acer's stream while everyone else is playing and offering colour commentary?

How's this going to go down?

Well, I figure anyone that has the capacity to stream might as well. It seems like it's probably easy enough to put multiples of those embedded ustream deals on one page. Not sure how well my camels will handle it but I'll crank out a miserable little postage stamp of a stream if need be.

Technical concerns aside, HowLongToBeat suggests about 10.5 hours for this business, and that's not taking into account Acer hitting every rock in the game to see if candy falls out. If we do this it had better be when nobody has anything pressing the next day.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Mar 3, 2013 03:37 PM

I didn't really anticipate finishing it, lord knows people are gonna get hung up somewhere if we play on Nightmare (which we should (because Acer doesn't have Inferno unlocked)).

If we're all gonna try to stream and race something to actual completion, we should probably pick a shorter game. I know I spent a lot more than 10 hours on Oath cause some of those boss fights are tricksy. I figured it'd be a sort of "see who gets furthest before Acer gives up" kind of deal.

FatsDomino Mar 3, 2013 04:17 PM

5 minutes in. WELP. gonna just call it a night~

FatsDomino Mar 9, 2013 10:06 PM

Alright I'm going to be "racing" other GFF folks in Ys: The Oath in Felghana tonight. Feel free to join us in a few minutes. Feel free to race if you have the game too.

The unmovable stubborn Mar 10, 2013 04:19 AM

Sooooo basically all the racers except Acer gave up or passed the fuck out so I guess he's the official Oath of Felghana champion now

The shame will haunt our families to the 9th generation

FatsDomino Mar 10, 2013 04:28 AM

I got decent enough at the boss patterns after dying like 10 times on each one. Problem usually was that I wasn't leveled up enough to deal enough damage. After upgrading some items or getting better equipment and grinding exp I could pull through well enough. Game can be pretty damn hard at times but it's actually quite fun. I had fun playing with you all tonight and I enjoyed listening to the talking while I played. Thanks again for tuning in. =))))

Additional Spam:
Also Pang you got pretty damn close to catching up to me before you decided to watch the stream instead. I have no idea if I passed the others. Seemed like they were pretty far ahead of me for most of the game but I'm guessing either they're around the same area or just about to finish the fire zone place.

THE POWER OF WATER Mar 10, 2013 05:48 AM

Acer, stop being so humble. Only you were willing to play Felghana until 14 AM. You are the rightful winner of the marathon, as marathons traditionally end when all the other entrants stop running so they can watch the guy in last place QWOPping to the finish and then fall asleep.

FatsDomino Mar 15, 2013 09:08 PM

What's that? You want more Felghana? Well you're gonna GET more Felghana!

Get in the stream. Get ye softwares ready should you partake in the "race".

FatsDomino Mar 17, 2013 01:19 AM

more felghana coming right up

FatsDomino Mar 20, 2013 02:44 AM

Just wanted to note that I beat Felghana tonight.

Future suggestions are Megaman 2 and Megaman X. Tell me which you'd like more.

SuperSonic Mar 20, 2013 06:08 AM

Both are awesome, but I'm gonna put my vote in for Megaman 2.

LIAR Mar 20, 2013 10:52 AM

My vote is for Megaman Soccer.

FatsDomino Mar 20, 2013 04:08 PM

I think I'd play that for like all of 10 minutes before getting frustrated. I don't really recall Megaman Soccer being all that good.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Mar 20, 2013 05:01 PM

The only football game anyone has ever needed was Sensible Soccer. Quite why they bothered releasing all those FIFA games is beyond me.

The unmovable stubborn Mar 20, 2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Am I Allowed to Be Irresponsible (Post 810152)
I think I'd play that for like all of 10 minutes before getting frustrated.

I don't think you understand why people watch your streams Acer

FatsDomino Mar 20, 2013 06:14 PM

Well there's frustrated and I want to continue playing and frustrated and I think this game is kind of dumb so I'm going to stop playing now. Typically I continue playing but if I think a game is dumb and I'm frustrated then I'll just stop. That's all I'm saying. I heard Megaman Soccer wasn't all that great soo...

THE POWER OF WATER Mar 20, 2013 06:17 PM

Acer, the point is that it would be hilarious if you had a stream night where you just played thirty horrible, piece of crap games for ten minutes at a time until giving up, getting increasingly frustrated and angry at the world with each one.

SuperSonic Mar 20, 2013 06:49 PM

If you were to play the Capcom Championship (main game) in Megaman Soccer each robot master would take at least 11-13 minutes to complete (5 minute halves) and that's only if you win. If I recall there are 11 stages total so even with everything going your way you're looking at about 2 1/2 hours to beat the game.

FatsDomino Mar 20, 2013 06:59 PM

Fine CHz

Give me a line-up. We'll see how hilarious it can be.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Mar 20, 2013 07:34 PM

Trespasser
Star Wars: Rebellion
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Echelon: Wind Warriors
Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer
Titanic: Adventure Out of Time

Little Brenty Brent Brent Mar 20, 2013 07:43 PM

Some of these are good and some of these are awful. I think any of them would be entertaining.

Adventures of Lolo
Any Mega Man
Any Castlevania
Any Ninja Gaiden
Faxanadu
Legacy of the Wizard
Friday the 13th
Low G Man
Shaq Fu
Maniac Mansion
Any Super Star Wars game
Any Metroid
Either of those NES or SNES bullshit Mario rom hacks. You know the ones.
F Zero

More to come as I revisit repressed childhood memories.

FatsDomino Mar 21, 2013 01:47 AM

so you assholes made me play super mario kart tonight even though i should have been sleeping instead

thanks

Single Elbow Mar 21, 2013 04:47 AM

You can go the RPG route if you like, play Granstream Saga if you want something truly terrible.

LIAR Mar 21, 2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axelrod :gauntletcheck: Axelrod (Post 810170)

Legacy of the Wizard

YES. I can see it now. "...WHERE AM I EVEN GOING I DON'T UNDERSTAND"

wvlfpvp Mar 21, 2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Am I Allowed to Have Pants (Post 810177)
You can go the RPG route if you like, play Granstream Saga if you want something truly terrible.

Tecmo's Secret of the Stars!

Little Brenty Brent Brent Mar 21, 2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Am I Allowed to Be Irresponsible (Post 810176)
so you assholes made me play super mario kart tonight even though i should have been sleeping instead

thanks

Hey now, that was all Deni.

FatsDomino Mar 21, 2013 04:43 PM

Too tired. I blame all of you. Also here's last night's stream for those that care.

YouTube Video

The pausing is me talking to stream chat. Also I'm playing with a keyboard and tired as balls.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Mar 21, 2013 07:46 PM

Continuing. Again, some of these are great and some of them suck, but they'd all be entertaining. Obviously as long as you've never played them through before, which might be unrealistic (MI, etc.)

System Shock (2 is also fine)
Drakkhen
Monkey Island
Lemmings
Prince of Persia
La Mulana
Oregon Trail
X Wing/TIE Fighter
Rogue

wvlfpvp Mar 21, 2013 07:52 PM

I just thought of the best game for him that is an RPG and SNES:

7th Saga.

The unmovable stubborn Mar 21, 2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axelrod :gauntletcheck: Axelrod (Post 810190)
Rogue

Man watching anybody go into this blind would be fantastic

FatsDomino Mar 21, 2013 11:48 PM

streaming yoshi's island because reasons

wvlfpvp Mar 22, 2013 08:41 AM

How about this little gem of a game I played yesterday:

Imscared

Little Brenty Brent Brent Mar 23, 2013 01:03 AM

This is the most coordinated Trine 2 playthrough ever.

dagget Mar 23, 2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wvlfpvp (Post 810191)
I just thought of the best game for him that is an RPG and SNES:

7th Saga.

Fuck that game, seriously. <3

Fuck you Dejes. Stranded me in a town way above my level because you ran off with my rune stone after I stayed the night in the Inn.

I seriously don't think I played it anymore after that, but I wouldn't be opposed to watching someone else play it. :3:

Final Fantasy Phoneteen Mar 23, 2013 04:43 AM

Suggestions, eh? Well, Shadowgate turned out to be pretty fantastic (I would say length of the stream was an issue, but this seems to be a recurring thing regardless). So, I propose Acer book try another adventure game. What do you have experience with, Acer? Because if you haven't played it yet, I have one in mind.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Mar 23, 2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axelrod :gauntletcheck: Axelrod (Post 810190)
TIE Fighter

This but make him do every mission using a bog-standard TIE Fighter, rather than the Interceptor or Advance.

FatsDomino Mar 24, 2013 09:30 PM

lurker has requested super mario bros 2 for the nes

it shall be done

Little Brenty Brent Brent Mar 29, 2013 11:18 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, Skills must finish Trine. And one of you must join us in this befuddled exercise. MAKE IT SO.

wvlfpvp Mar 30, 2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagget (Post 810212)
Fuck that game, seriously. <3

Fuck you Dejes. Stranded me in a town way above my level because you ran off with my rune stone after I stayed the night in the Inn.

I seriously don't think I played it anymore after that, but I wouldn't be opposed to watching someone else play it. :3:

I made it through using liberal savestates. Still died way too many fucking times.

I was the robot.

FatsDomino Mar 30, 2013 08:55 PM

gonna play a link to the past

or until i get bored of it or tired or whatever

THE POWER OF WATER Mar 30, 2013 10:12 PM

ACER FINALLY GOT THE BOOK

THIS IS MONUMENTAL

FatsDomino Apr 22, 2013 07:10 PM

gonna play skyrim for a bit

term requested i stream soooo yeah feel free to watch

Single Elbow Apr 22, 2013 10:19 PM

Acer, you invest in a bow skill yet still use a two hander. That had me laughing, man.

FatsDomino Apr 23, 2013 02:19 PM

I like the way it crushes enemies and I also like sniping people. I don't think it's an awful combo. If I weren't cheating like an asshole then Jules would be complete rubbish at using it though. Weak ass wood elves. Also yes, I do play the game like a moron but again it doesn't make much of a difference. I get results.

Single Elbow Apr 23, 2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by You only Grundle Twice (Post 811604)
I like the way it crushes enemies and I also like sniping people. I don't think it's an awful combo. If I weren't cheating like an asshole then Jules would be complete rubbish at using it though. Weak ass wood elves. Also yes, I do play the game like a moron but again it doesn't make much of a difference. I get results.

Not saying you're a moron though. Just that you break standard thinking, really. I went in the game as a Warrior with the only spell focused on was healing and shit. Anything goes in that game, really so don't be hard on yourself. :)

Little Brenty Brent Brent May 24, 2013 01:06 AM

This thread is now for suggesting inclusions in the Acer Plays Games CAH expension. Props to Shade, CHz, and Term for contributing in streamchat.

Black Cards

Acer found the room's secret in __________.
Before being able to progress, Acer must master the __________ technique.
My Super Metroid run was going so well until __________.
Acer exclaimed, "__________ is bad for you!" before immediately jumping into a pit filled with it.
Acer stayed up 4 hours past his bedtime playing the video game adaptation of __________.

White Cards

Spikes. FUCKING SPIKES.
Door that WON'T FUCKING OPEN.
A flamboyant space lobster.
Unfortunate jumping mishaps.
A spastic recorder solo.

FatsDomino Feb 18, 2014 10:22 PM

Streaming Ikaruga tonight cuz Skills asked me to

It gonna be awful =)

Let's Play some viderogams 'n' stuff

FatsDomino Feb 19, 2014 04:07 AM

I managed to nom nom nom some dots an entire level before getting tired of Ikaruga and then somehow got convinced to play La-Mulana. So many notes! So many.

FatsDomino Feb 20, 2014 10:33 PM

Here's my awful run of Ikaruga

YouTube Video

I managed to get dot eater for stage 1 and beat stage 1 with only 1 life yaaaaaaay~

I'll post part 1 of my La-Mulana run soon.

Additional Spam:
YouTube Video

diss told me to put this here =)

go team

FatsDomino Mar 1, 2014 04:25 PM

[14:55] * DisslaptopDATLAPTOP (~Diss@54C55249.F529E917.6EA1F6E3.IP) has joined #gfchat
[14:55] * ChanServ sets mode: +v DisslaptopDATLAPTOP
[14:57] <DisslaptopDATLAPTOP> Man.
[14:58] <DisslaptopDATLAPTOP> I didn't think it was possible for Acer to get as mad as he did playing La-Mulana
[15:01] * Hyde (45cb8254@PSI-55571805.mibbit.com) has joined #gfchat
[15:01] * ChanServ sets mode: +v Hyde
[15:01] <DisslaptopDATLAPTOP> Yo Hyde
[15:07] <Tails> lol did y'all infuriate that man
[15:07] <Tails> You guys are terrible.
[15:07] * hitokoei_ (~hitokoei@PSI-E79D494F.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: hitokoei_)
[15:07] <Garr> Well, that's something, for sure.
[15:07] <Garr> I mean, I've heard dude get pretty angry before
[15:07] <Garr> but if we're talking La-Mulana angry
[15:08] <Hyde> sup diss
[15:08] <Hyde> sup guys
[15:08] <Garr> yo
[15:10] <DisslaptopDATLAPTOP> There were distant controller smashing noises
[15:10] <Garr> haha god this fucking BIRDS IN THE DARK action
[15:10] <Garr> oh man
[15:10] <Garr> :(
[15:11] <Garr> I know that level of angry. It is not fun times.
[15:11] <Tails> Yeah see
[15:12] <Tails> There's a line there that shouldn't be crossed
[15:12] <Tails> I'm all for enjoying the suffering of others but you already know the man sucks at games and making him play something that's incredibly difficult is kinda cruel
[15:12] <DisslaptopDATLAPTOP> Hey, the only one who tells him to play is Deni. The rest of us just watch what's already going on!
[15:15] <Tails> guilty by association
[15:15] <DisslaptopDATLAPTOP> Nope.
[15:16] <^___^> was he mad mad, or Acer mad?
[15:16] <DisslaptopDATLAPTOP> Uh well he was Acer and he was mad
[15:17] <Garr> Since this is La-Mulana we're talking about here, I feel the anger would be very genuine.
[15:17] <^___^> I need to get deeper into this game
[15:17] <^___^> I haven't gotten mad at video games in a while
[15:18] <Garr> La-Mulana looks so damn fun and I should really get started on it. Watching you guys play it is fun, but I don't want to spoil too much of it.
[15:18] <Garr> lmao 21 minutes spent finding birds in the darkness
[15:25] <Boo-kun> I tuned into Acer playing La-Mulana and he was getting killed on that flying demon boss and yelling "AAAAAAAAAHHHH SON OF A BITCH"
[15:25] <Boo-kun> maddest I've heard him
[15:26] <Q-chan|space> I mostly felt bad for him because it was so late and he was exhausted
[15:27] <^___^> you sadistic fucks
[15:27] <DisslaptopDATLAPTOP> I'm not gonna lie, I find all of it pretty funny because I've played through every moment
[15:27] <Q-chan|space> the things dat wonderful man goes through to entertain us
[15:27] <DisslaptopDATLAPTOP> So I know exactly how he feels
[15:27] <Q-chan|space> it looks just the kind of frustrating that would make me not finish the game
[15:27] <Q-chan|space> I don't get angry like tossing controllers angry at games
[15:28] <Q-chan|space> but just go "this isn't fun for me after 2 hours of retrying ugh"
[15:28] <Q-chan|space> and not finish
[15:28] <DisslaptopDATLAPTOP> I'm too stubborn for that.
[15:28] <DisslaptopDATLAPTOP> I will never be defeated by some mere GAME
[15:28] <Q-chan|space> I used to be like that
[15:28] <Boo-kun> my vidya mad is cursing and rolling my eyes
[15:28] <^___^> "no way this is going to beat me"
[15:28] <Q-chan|space> it depends on the game really
[15:28] <Q-chan|space> if it's still kinda fun with how challenging it is
[15:28] <Q-chan|space> like revengeance
[15:28] <Q-chan|space> I persevere
[15:29] <^___^> I spent genuine hours retrying single levels in Super Meat Boy
[15:29] <Tails> lmao reviewing last night
[15:29] <Q-chan|space> but something that's like unfair hard
[15:29] <Tails> "KICK A ROBOT ASS" "....or run past it fuck it keep running"
[15:29] <Q-chan|space> no thx
[15:30] <Tails> I think this might be the most competent I've ever played sloshed

Yeah, I was pretty fucking mad last night. I don't normally smash a controller against a desk but I lost it pretty hard. It's really cathartic to take it out on a hunk of plastic that I can replace if need be. Haven't gotten to throwing a controller yet but I probably won't. I have this fear that it would break something important or put a hole in a wall or something. Got lucky the one time I did that for this god awful mission in GTAIV ages ago. It had a similar long build up to get to the start of the mission like I had in La-Mulana only to flip the car within the first five seconds repeatedly following the exact same path as the asshole I was chasing which if you don't keep up you also fail and have to do the same god awful trudge. La-Mulana could really use a quicksave anywhere feature to muddle down on the frustration but I suppose that would make it lose some of the fun challenge.

I had only about 2 hours of sleep the prior night because of La-Mulana, a full day at work, maybe 3 more hours of sleep passed out with a laptop on my chest (bad habit), and woke up to easily getting Deni to talk me into playing more La-Mulana. Great base recipe for me to get super mad over a five hour period of dealing with La-Mulana's bullshit. Definitely not playing to 8 AM again.

It's a fun game don't get me wrong but it can be infuriating at times. Once you understand something it really gives you a satisfying aha! moment but prying that logic from its maw takes a lot of doing.

Also, I really need to get around to watching a Tails stream. They sound hilarious and I always manage to be asleep or off somewhere else when they happen.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Mar 2, 2014 07:15 AM

If you get bored of getting angry at La Mulana you should find a Spectrum emulator and try to play Jet Set Willy. Probably not the original version where there's a bug that means you can't actually finish it mind you, the patched version is frustrating enough.

FatsDomino Mar 6, 2014 03:42 AM

If I'm still stuck at the same bullshit endless corridor puzzle tomorrow I might quit for a while. La-Mulana is not a healthy game at this point. Need sleep badly.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Mar 6, 2014 10:58 AM

You won't stay stuck there. You were just so tired last night that there was literally no hint we could give you that would help you figure that puzzle out save for spelling the answer out for you. La-Mulana is not a game you can play successfully when your brain has ceased functioning.

THE POWER OF WATER Mar 6, 2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acer Why (Post 819467)
If I'm still stuck at the same bullshit endless corridor puzzle tomorrow I might quit for a while. La-Mulana is not a healthy game at this point. Need sleep badly.

Acer, maybe you should consider taking a break for a few days and catching up on some sleep. You've mentioned a few times that playing super late has murdered your sleep schedule and fixing that might be in your best interest.

In the middle of your session last night, you became seriously incoherent. You were slurring words and botching word order, and at times you were making noises that didn't sound like language. I don't mean this in your normal "ha ha listen to Acer making silly noises, he is a silly man, so silly" way. You sounded more drunk than Tails on Friday nights.

I know you really want to finish the game, but the goal of this exercise is not to actually kill you in real life.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Mar 6, 2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHz (Post 819474)
I know you really want to finish the game, but the goal of this exercise is not to actually kill you in real life.

Don't you put words in my mouth!

For real though everything CHz said is accurate. At one point it sounded like you were having a stroke.

FatsDomino Mar 6, 2014 05:58 PM

I probably felt more drunk than Tails on a Friday night. I slept a good portion of today away though so I will probably be very awake later tonight which means more La-Mulana.

THE POWER OF WATER Mar 7, 2014 05:23 PM

naramura_laughs_at_your_pain.flv

FatsDomino Mar 16, 2014 02:45 PM

I finally got around to uploading these to Youtube. Only like 10 more sessions to go.

Fight Ellmac:
YouTube Video
Beat Ellmac:
YouTube Video
Super Tired with the Game Night Crew:
YouTube Video

If you watch any watch the last one. You guys are fucking hilarious!

FatsDomino May 15, 2014 02:29 AM

I unfortunately lost pretty much all of my La-Mulana footage. So I guess fuck that noise.

Diss got me into looking at my old archival videos I still have though (which is holy shit quite a lot) because he wanted to see the Twine 2 play-through we did.

So yeah after organizing things a bit and tracking it down I've uploaded it to youtube.

Here's part 1:
YouTube Video

Here's part 2:
YouTube Video

FatsDomino May 22, 2014 07:53 AM

Felt like playing Skyrim last night. Did it for 2 hours while doing laundry and uh... got a couple Twitch followers. Kinda feel bad because I ignore twitch chat. I might need to make a double chat layout for myself like I did for Garr.

Anyway here's last night stream if you wanna see Hogan the Nord do some shit you've probably already seen before.

AcerBanditGFF - TES Skyrim: Hogan the Nord and his good bard buddy and the golden claw! - Twitch

Oh yeah I streamed in 720p. Seemed to work well enough. I might be doing that from now on.

FatsDomino May 22, 2014 05:15 PM

Updated my twitch page to include some information linking to GFF and #gfchat and my stream page. Also made some dumb images to go with said information and a very silly profile banner (inspired by Taco's~).

http://www.twitch.tv/acerbanditgff/profile

I figure hey maybe we can get some new people here from Twitch. Some of them are bound to be cool and stick around. That'd be neat.

FatsDomino Apr 21, 2016 03:56 AM

Wow, I almost forgot I had this thread.

Yeah, I stream at hitbox now:
http://www.hitbox.tv/AcerBandit

Streamed Stardew Valley tonight:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/986945