Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [General Discussion] Star Wars - Wii (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27137)

boltzman84 Nov 20, 2007 10:45 PM

Star Wars - Wii

So anyone heard any more news about a Star Wars game for the Wii? I remember hearing that they were planning something for it a while back, and got my hopes up when The Force Unleashed was announced. But to my dismay, that game wasn't announced for the Wii or PC (yet, anyways).

In the meantime, I found this amazing video on youtube that makes me wonder even more....when will this game come to reality?

YouTube Link: What Star Wars Wii Should Be!

Final Fantasy Phoneteen Nov 21, 2007 12:00 AM

What Star Wars Wii Should Be!

And actually, the Force Unleased was announced for the Wii. However, only Versus Mode will have motion-sensing lightsaber controls. A few weeks ago, the development team discussed how difficult it is to program the game to mimic so many possible gestures.

Infernal Monkey Nov 21, 2007 01:22 AM

A proper, original Star Wars game will never happen on Wii. It would make too much sense, and people would want to buy it. Lucasarts aren't down with that.

2004: You know what would be awesome on this upcoming DS thing? Lucasarts adventure games!

"SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN, HERE'S EIGHTY STAR WARS GAMES INSTEAD"
"But!"
"FINE FINE NINETY STAR WARS GAMES"

speculative Nov 21, 2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Generic Badass (Post 536911)
A few weeks ago, the development team discussed how difficult it is to program the game to mimic so many possible gestures when all of your programmers are focused on mip-mapping the bump-mapped textel-shaded vertex-synced polygons at eleventy-billion texelpixels per pass.

Fixed for accuracy.

No reason it couldn't be done, but everyone's focused almost solely on graphics these days it seems.

Solis Nov 21, 2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speculative (Post 537063)
Fixed for accuracy.

No reason it couldn't be done, but everyone's focused almost solely on graphics these days it seems.

There's actually several reason it "couldn't" be done, most especially because of the fact that the Wii remote has no real way to judge its absolute position. It can sense rotation and direction fairly well, but using motion sensors to determine exactly where you're moving it in relation to you body would be almost impossible, especially since you'd have to be completely stationary for it to work. If they are going to have a Wii remote controlled lightsaber game (that does more than turn waving into button presses), it will probably work either like the bat in Wii Sports baseball does, or by using a pointer on the screen and "aiming" your slashes.

Also, since the team that's working on the Wii version of Force Unleashed is also doing the PSP and PS2 versions, I highly doubt they're focusing too much on graphics. Not to mention Lucasarts' main effort in the PS3/Xbox 360 game is being put toward the physics and animation systems rather than graphical flair.