Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   I make a bitch sandwich (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Cheapass Eating (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1141)

Tube Mar 7, 2006 12:05 AM

Cheapass Eating

If you're a huge tightwad cheapass cheapskate cheap-o pennypincher like myself, you'll only buy meals which are the absolute best value. Share your eating strategies which help you maintain a good buck in the bank for more important things; electronical things.

Here's what I do:

Frozen Food - Costs less, lasts longer. I can live off of a giant box of Eggos for at least a couple weeks. And damn, a 1000 ounce bag of tater tots (cheap Wal-Mart brand) for like $1.50. That'll last me awhile.

Tightwad Tuesdays - Take advantage of local promotions as much as possible. Know of a place that gives free or discounted donuts on a particular day / time of day? Go get some. Does your local supermarket discount some food in its bakery at the end of the day (and you don't mind eating stuff that's not perfectly fresh)? Get your ass down there. I personally am all over Taco Tuesdays like flies on shit. (Tacos 3/$1.00 at Del Taco.) I think Burger King has some kind of cheap burger day as well.

Eating Out - I used to go to Wendy's a lot, but then I realized that even $4 is too much for a meal, so I limit myself to Wendy's for special occasions only. For those times when I want to go out for good warm food, I'll grab a Large Pepperoni Pizza from Little Caesar's for $2.50 (after splitting cost with a friend). Fills me up like a bitch.

Wal-Mart Deli - Pizza Sticks: $0.50, 16(ish) oz popcorn chicken: $1.69, Potato Wedges: Infinity (approx.) for $1.00, BBQ Chicken: Yummy (but pricer). So yeah, Wal-Mart's Deli is the new Wendy's, except it only costs $1-2 to get you full.

Buy In Bulk - Sam's Club / Costco: Mooch off of someone who has a membership card so you don't have to buy one yourself, then go spend your whole paycheck on insanely large portions of food, which will last you at least until 2011.

Share your cheapass dining tips.

Rydia Mar 7, 2006 12:10 AM

I go for buying in bulk as well. Food tends to last longer so I don't have to worry about running out for a few weeks or so. When I go home to visit my parents, I tend to stock up on groceries and cooked meals since I don't always have time to make food for myself.

The Wise Vivi Mar 7, 2006 08:54 AM

I usually buy frozen foods as well, such as mimi-pizzas, Eggos, and chicken burgers. I also eat out a lot. Our campus resturant is soooo good that I eat there over 3 times a week. Its fairly cheap as well.

Shinimegami Mar 7, 2006 03:49 PM

Shop at Chinese grocery stores...everything is 50% cheaper @ least!
Frozen food is bad.. but frozen seafood is a whole lot cheaper than fresh stuff and tastes about the same (unless) you're really picky.

Another way to be cheap is to eat pasta - its like 1 buck for a 500g box/bag and the sauce comes in cans for 50 cents or less. All you ahve to do is add vegetable and meat (if you please) and different sauces...

I unno..that's the kinda thing I'd do :D

T0X1Qu3 Mar 7, 2006 06:13 PM

gee... i wish that cheap eating actually EXISTED in hawaii

i live in a family of 8 right now and you know, the most common things that we eat are...

[1] Vienna Sausage
[2] Spam
[3] Hot dogs
[4] Pork and Beans

that there is some cheap stuffs but buying for a big family... there is no such thing as cheap

doodle Mar 7, 2006 06:21 PM

Thread created by: TubeRacer's tapeworm.

Do you take vitamins as well? Because that really does not sound like a very healthy diet.

SemperFidelis Mar 7, 2006 06:35 PM

Wow, tuberacer, is it worth your life to save a few bucks when you eat? you're a good candidate for a heart attack.

Gechmir Mar 7, 2006 06:50 PM

I just eat one meal every day or two >_>; Folks think I'm bullshitting, but it's true. Spend $8-$12 per meal if I eat out, $5 for an at-home meal. So cheap eating isn't something I need to look out for. Since I cost less than most already since I just eat once every now and then.

Not the healthiest of foods at times, but I'm very active. Whether it be my walking around or working out, I get what I need as far as exercise goes.

Lady Miyomi Mar 8, 2006 06:17 PM

Back when I used to ate junk food and fast food alot, this is what I did:

Grocery stores: chips 4 for $1, drinks under $1, and frozen dinner specials (like 2 for $3 or 5 for $5)
McDonald's: Dollar menu forever; three things max
Wendy's: 99 cent menu or splurge on a Biggie Fry
7-Eleven: 99 cent chips and any snacks under $1, Mountain Dew (price didn't matter)

peeack Mar 8, 2006 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SemperFidelis
Wow, tuberacer, is it worth your life to save a few bucks when you eat? you're a good candidate for a heart attack.

Says the kid who wants to get shot at for a living.

Eleo Mar 8, 2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TubeRacer
I used to go to Wendy's a lot, but then I realized that even $4 is too much for a meal, so I limit myself to Wendy's for special occasions only.

The world just became a slightly sadder place for me.

Chaotic Mar 8, 2006 08:25 PM

Thank god i'm still a minor and living with my parents. They do the whole "buy in bulk" thing at Costco also... But this is good knowledge to have in mind for eating out... I need to start saving money anyway... Saving up for a DS Lite. <_<

xSummonerYUnax Mar 8, 2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaotic
Thank god i'm still a minor and living with my parents. They do the whole "buy in bulk" thing at Costco also... But this is good knowledge to have in mind for eating out... I need to start saving money anyway... Saving up for a DS Lite. <_<

Hooray! I'm a big fan of Costco too! They have some pretty decent deals so I buy all my food/snacks in bulks too.

Chaotic Mar 8, 2006 08:54 PM

If you really wanna go for cheapass eating, go to Costco on the weekends. Samples all around!

xSummonerYUnax Mar 8, 2006 08:59 PM

Quote:

If you really wanna go for cheapass eating, go to Costco on the weekends. Samples all around!

Heeyy! That is exactly what I do! I like their food court too!

Trigunnerz Mar 8, 2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Costco also makes good food too. Like those chicken bakes, and those insanely huge pizzas for only $10.

Chaotic Mar 8, 2006 09:11 PM

Yeah, their food court is good. I usually stock up on Chicken Caesar Salads for school so I don't have to spend $3.25 for a hot entree, a crappy vegetable, and fries. The salad fills me up anyway. I buy about three.

xSummonerYUnax Mar 9, 2006 07:32 AM

It's the only place I know where you can get a huge cup of frozen yogurt for $1.25 =D

quest2368 Mar 11, 2006 03:50 PM

I normally buy frozen food from Costco. It'll last me a week or two. If not, I stock up on pasta and canned ravioli as well. I'll admit, it's not the most healthiest meals, but it'll get you by.