Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Media Centre (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [Movie] Heroes (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9218)

BlueMikey Jul 16, 2006 09:48 PM

Heroes

There's a new show on NBC Monday's this coming year called "Heroes". Basically, the premise is superheroes.

I don't know exactly how it got out, but the 2 hour pilot is available on the torrent sites and it blew my mind. Best pilot I can ever remember seeing. It's incredibly polished and the story seems like they can do quite a bit in the future.

The starting point is present day and the heroes (and villains, I assume too) are just learning about these powers that they have. You can tell where things are going (much like a comic book) but it seems like they'll dangle the carrot in front of you at the end of every episode with new revelations. Very 24ish in that regard (no surprise it will be on Monday night).

It's a pretty good cast for a TV drama: Ali Larter (smokin' hot, main chick in the Final Destination movies), Hayden Panettiere (has had lots of roles but most of you would know her best as Kairi in Kingdom Hearts), Milo Ventimiglia (Jess on Gilmore Girls, will be Rocky Jr. in the upcoming movie), and quite a few other people who I didn't know much about but put on good performances.

You've got your standard superhero fare: guy who can teleport and screw with time, guy who can see the future, guy who can fly, girl who has some power but can't control it, girl who can't be hurt. You've got the guy who seems to be evil but we don't know why, the guy who is studying all this, and what seems like could be a convergence on New York City (where else?).

Anyway, I highly recommend downloading and watching the pilot. I don't think the show begins until September, but this was a treat enough to make me find out if I'd have to make sure my VCR is working (yes, by the way, it is on opposite 24).

On a side note, it's also, I think, an indication that NBC finally found out how to get itself back on top. This show looks fabulous, it's followed by Studio 60 which has a huge, huge, huge cast. Tuesday's they've got Friday Night Lights which they'll advertise the hell out of on Sunday Night Football, which will be a big draw. And then they've got some of the best comedies on TV in Scrubs, The Office, and My Name Is Earl, as well as some of the most promising new comedies, like 30 Rock.

Rockgamer Jul 16, 2006 10:10 PM

Man, so far this show is looking to be my favorite show of the new season. Between what I've read about it, and the commercials I've seen for it (and also because Hayden Panettiere is hot), I know I'm gonna like this show. I didn't know the pilot was already out, so I'll have to go check that out.

I don't know though about NBC getting back on top. After a pretty abysmal showing for the last couple of seasons (with most new shows getting cancelled left and right), this season's new shows looks like it's giving them a chance to be good again (I'm mainly interested in Heroes, Studio 60, and FNL), but only just a chance. I don't know if any of these shows will become instant hits or anything (though if I was to put a bet on it, I would say FNL has that kind of potential), but I think that as long as these shows stay in the right direction, and NBC gives them a proper chance, they could definitely help NBC become better than it is now.

BlueMikey Jul 16, 2006 10:28 PM

Yeah, Friday Night Lights not only looks good, but it will have the biggest marketing of any show in the fall, new or old. That's huge.

I can see NBC winning at least 3 nights, though. Sunday is a given, although CBS is making a definite run at the NFL with The Amazing Race, Cold Case, and Without a Trace. Monday's could go to NBC if CBS's comedies don't stay popular (24 doesn't start until January so NBC gets a huge head start). Similarly, Tuesday's are Fox's to lose, but only in January when American Idol starts up again. Until then, FNL and two Law and Orders could take down CBS's NCIS and The Unit (though Gilmore Girls is still one of the best shows on TV). Wednesdays go to ABC for Lost (no one is even putting up much of a fight on Wednesday) and Thursday is still where CBS is king, although ABC put Grey's Anatomy right up against CSI.

But Heroes is awesome, the darling of 2006, I think.

ArchesFan Jul 16, 2006 10:33 PM

I'm not too sure about FNL. I've seen the commercials and heard the buzz about it, but I dunno if it will be terribly successful. To me it would feel like I'm watching the movie every week and that would just get boring. As for this new show Heroes, I also don't know if it will be successful as sci-fi shows usually don't do very well. I suppose looking at the success at LOST, it's worth a shot...if they do it right. As long as it's not just, every week somebody discovers they have powers and something bad happens. They need to make characters with depth. I havn't seen the pilot, hoping to sometime, but I am looking forward to seeing how most of the new shows are going to do. Supposedly the new CBS show Jericho was a snoozefest so that ones bound to bomb unless they change everything about it.

Rockgamer Jul 16, 2006 11:35 PM

I really don't think NBC will win Sundays. With Sunday Night Football, they'll definitely get some ratings, but I doubt it will be enough to win the night. ABC never really won with Monday Night Fooball, and all it went up against was some CBS comedies. NBC has to contend with both Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Desperate Housewives from ABC (two shows which always helped them win the night before), along with their new show Brothers and Sisters, which could catch on; The Amazing Race, Cold Case, and Without a Trace from CBS, which definitely won't win the night, but will take a good chunk out of the ratings; and, to a very lesser extent, FOX's comedies (The Simpsons, The War at Home, Family Guy, and American Dad). Individually, I think ABC could beat it alone, but combined with all the other stuff, I don't think NBC really stands a chance at winning the night, no matter which game is on.

Monday is definitely going to be a battle between NBC, CBS, and FOX. NBC has Deal or No Deal, which is definitely going to help them (even though FOX will probably do just as well with Prison Break), so the rest just depends on how well Heroes and Studio 60 can do. Heroes has to go against Two and a Half Men, the best comedy on CBS, and Vanished, which looks like it will be pretty good (and pretty compatible with Prison Break as well). I would pick Heroes out of the lot, but I'll probably download Vanished (even though, unless Heroes or Vanished turns out to be an instant hit, they'll both probably be beat by CBS). And as for Studio 60 going against CSI Miami, I think CBS will wind up winning that, no matter how much of a better show Studio 60 winds up being.

Tuesdays are kind of iffy. Depending on how strong FNL performs, combined with Law and Order it could definitely help them win, I'm just not so sure how well L&O: SVU can compete against The Unit. Then of course, you have House in that equation, which could very well beat both of them (though I doubt FOX will win the night with the pretty weak looking Standoff). For now, I would put my money on NBC, only because FNL looks like a strong contender, and the new CBS show on that night (Smith) doesn't look that good. I guess ABC is kind of a factor with Dancing With the Stars 3 and Boston Legal on the same night, but since they don't have a stong show in that time period between them, I doubt they'll win.

And yeah, with the Dancing with the Stars results show, Lost, and The Nine (which looks pretty good to me), ABC has that night wrapped up. That kinda sucks though, because I think Justice on FOX actually looks kinda good, but putting it up against Lost is a deathwish.

CBS will win Thursday just with CSI alone, which is why I think it was pretty stupid for ABC to move Grey's Anatomy to the same timeslot. It'll probably get good ratings still, just not as much as before. NBC has some pretty good counterprogramming though, and along with ER (which is going against two new shows), I could definitely see them getting second.

No one really cares about Fridays, but I think it could wind up going to either NBC or CBS. Thet're both using pretty established shows, so it could go either way.

BlueMikey Jul 17, 2006 12:34 AM

I must disagree, NBC will win Sunday, hands down. The highest rated cable program every single year was ESPN's Sunday Night Football. Even while MNF's numbers declined, ESPN's for Sunday went up. MNF became more about the show, and ESPN has vowed to keep it about the football.

Not to mention that every single week, the best game will be the Sunday night game. MNF was stuck with the games set long before, since you can't swap a Sunday game for a Monday game. But since all but one or two games are played Sunday, NBC gets the pick of the litter and it will always be fantastic.

Plus, ABC usually does very well when it has just college football on into Saturday night. All indicators are there for the NFL to rape the Neilsen's again.

BucPride Jul 17, 2006 12:40 AM

NFL is at its peak in popularity right now. Sunday Night Football, with the flex scheduling (ie, no schedule is set in stone, NBC can choose whatever game they want to during weeks 10-15 and 17) as BlueMikey said. The best games will be played on Sunday Night Football this year, which means I'll have to listen to Maddens inane broadcasting.

But I digress. NBC should do fine. I'm downloading the torrent file for Heros right now, and I watch My Name Is Earl and The Office pretty often. NBC seems to have their shit together.

Rockgamer Jul 17, 2006 12:47 AM

Eh, I guess we'll just have to wait and see then. Even though ESPN's numbers might have been high, they were still just cable numbers. With the move to broadcast, they'll definitely go up, but I still doubt it will be enough to best ABC (though, without Grey's Anatony on Sundays, they certainly have a better chance).

ArchesFan Jul 17, 2006 01:37 AM

I really don't think the NFL will be a huge deal when it comes to winning ratings battles. NFL is big and will probably win ratings, but it will probably be a small margin. Considering it will be going up against The Amazing Race, Home Makeover, Desperate Housewives, Cold Case, AND Without a Trace...I don't think it will fare a huge margin. I don't think the new ABC show Brothers and Sisters will do very well Sundays. I'm a fan of romances/dramas/sci-fi, but I'm tired of these supposedly heart-wrenching dramas that ABC keeps trying. Maybe they'll do something right, but I think Without a Trace will win that battle.

Monday is going to be tough for Heroes to contend with. CBS has that line up of comedies and going immediately into CSI: Miami that they've always had. Plus throw in the Bachelor and the new fox show, Vanished and it will have tough competition...I think Heroes has a chance to actually get ratings and hopefully be around for a little bit. The odds of fox getting another show right is very, very, very slim.

Tuesday will either be the night of House or Law and Order: SVU. Odds are House will dominate, but there are always Law and Order fans around. ABC once again tries their hands at comedies in that time slot...which are bound to fail. They havn't really had a successful comedy since TGIF was in it's prime.

Wednesdays, like always, will be ABCs big night. Dancing with the Stars, LOST, and The Nine...I think this show is the only one that may have true protential for success, but going against a CSI is usually bad. CBS is putting Jericho against Dancing and either way...Jericho won't be on long.

Thursdays is going to be a tossup between Grey's Anatomy and yet another CSI. I think Grey's could actually manage to do well, but I still think it should have stayed at Sunday. NBC is trying to get in the game too with Deal or No Deal. It's popular, but I don't think it will pull ratings like Grey's and CSI. The 9:00 slot looks crappy. I'm a huge fan of ER, but even I'll admit the ratings and the show has gotten sloppy. They still draw them, but not like they used to. ABC premieres Six degrees, which will probably fail, and Shark, maybe the another CBS show that might fail.

Fridays look like total crap. The only things that will probably compete is Close to Home and Las Vegas. NBC might win that time slot, but CBS will win the rest of the night with Ghost Whisperer and NUMB3RS.

And as usual...there is NOTHING on Saturdays. Usually football on ABC then some Disney movie or M. Night movie....

Anyway, this thread has turned into rating predictions, yay.

But seriously, I think Heroes might be a good show. If they can make characters that are deep like LOST and not just make it a show about people with superpowers, I'll watch it.

Admiral Amara Sep 25, 2006 09:49 PM

Heroes (Season 1)

I, personally, was impressed with the Pilot that NBC offered up to us, and think that the show looks promising. I very much enjoyed the directing style, visually in particular. I liked the characters, and was interested in most of their stories - I liked the way that the episode tied the various characters together, often in very surprising ways, ranging from the humorous to the very serious and plot-twisting.
Spoiler:
I was taken aback when it turned out that the creepy glasses-wearing dude that was following the Geneticist around is the father of the seemingly-indestructable girl

I'll be keeping a list of characters and powers in this post - through discussion, I want to make sure I've got them all correct. I'll visibly update the list starting after tomorrow's episode, for everybody that didn't catch it tonight. For American viewers, there will be an encore tomorrow (Tuesday) night at 8PM Eastern/7PM Central

CURRENT HEROES ROSTER:

Isaac Mendez - Creates paintings that depict future events
Niki Sanders - Violent Alter Ego
Hiro Nakamura - Ability to bend Space/Time
Nathan Petrelli - Flight
Claire Bennet - Cellular Regeneration
Mohinder Suresh - Geneticist [No known powers]
Peter Petrelli - Hero Power Mimicry (?)
Matt Parkman - Can hear the thoughts of others
D. L. Hawkins - Phasing
Micah Sanders - Unkown Powers [Electrical in nature?]
Theodore Sprague - Irradiation

OTHER SIGNIFICANT CHARACTERS:
Simone Deveaux - [No known powers]
Eden MacKenzie - [No known powers]
Horn-Rimmed Glasses - Identity Unknown [No known powers]
Mysterious Man - Can erase memories (?) [Identity Unknown]
Syler - Identity Unknown [Powers Unknown]

Kesubei Sep 25, 2006 10:02 PM

I missed the first 15 minutes, but I'm sure it wasn't anything that wasn't in the trailers.

Overall, I thought the pilot wasn't bad. I'm all for the idea of the plot, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about Suresh's background. There was something throughout the show that was bothering, however. As interested as I am in the show, I can't help but be a little cynical at the show's idea. Part of me wants to call the show trite, but the rest of me understands that I watch a lot of anime...

Also, Hiro's friend had a weird accent when he spoke Japanese. I don't think he's a native. Not that it matters.

Also. Based on the pilot, if I could take the powers from one of the protagonists, it would definitely be Hiro.

Rockgamer Sep 25, 2006 10:04 PM

Not to rain on yur parade, Amara, but there is already a Heroes thread here. No offense or anything (you have a great first post), but I just want to make sure I don't post in a thread that winds up getting closed, so I want to know which one will stay open before I post my thoughts and stuff.

cubed Sep 25, 2006 10:24 PM

"Mom, why were you stealing?"
"Cause I wanted to feel alive again"........ just lol...

Really promising. Better than I was expecting. Really.

Admiral Amara Sep 25, 2006 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Not to rain on yur parade, Amara, but there is already a Heroes thread here. No offense or anything (you have a great first post), but I just want to make sure I don't post in a thread that winds up getting closed, so I want to know which one will stay open before I post my thoughts and stuff.

DAMMIT. Argh, I worked so hard to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules with this thread, and I didn't see any current threads (as in "Just saw the Pilot..."), and I forgot to use the "Search" feature to check if anybody had already made a thread in anticipation.

If there's no way for this thread to co-exist with BlueMikey's original thread and still be legal, then I'd request this thread to be formally deleted, and I'll post in BlueMikey's thread to revive it for current discussion of the Pilot.

Wall Feces Sep 25, 2006 10:35 PM

This show was okay at best for me. I found myself uninterested in any of the characters and only actually liked Hiro. He was awesome. The powers seem to be a cool twist on the usual drama, but there are so many inconsistencies already. For instance...

Spoiler:
When Hiro travels through time, doesn't anybody notice that this guy, you know, DISAPPEARED or MAGICALLY APPEARED from our of nowhere? Or how about Ali Larter's power? I don't even get how it works. Another version of her appears out of MIRROR LAND? Ohh-kayy

I see the show having potential, but I was somewhat disappointed with the pilot. If anything, it had a FREAKING AWESOME twist at the end. I might tune in next week, we'll see.

BlueMikey Sep 25, 2006 10:38 PM

No worries, I merged them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprouticus
Spoiler:
When Hiro travels through time, doesn't anybody notice that this guy, you know, DISAPPEARED or MAGICALLY APPEARED from our of nowhere? Or how about Ali Larter's power? I don't even get how it works. Another version of her appears out of MIRROR LAND? Ohh-kayy

I mean, you know, the show was only an hour long. And it wouldn't be fun if there was nothing at all for us to be left wondering about.

Plus, I thought there was a portion of the show where Hiro said he could both bend time and space...I watched this when I first made the thread and missed most of tonight's show, so I don't remember (also, what I watched was two hours, but I seem to remember them ending the same...).

soulsteelgray Sep 25, 2006 10:41 PM

This is probably the only new show this season I really ended up hyping for myself and for others around me. That said, my second viewing of the pilot tonight still had the little nuances that I found slightly annoying when I watched the leaked screener. It still felt forced and a little rushed, but I still enjoyed it all the same.

Since it isn't canon anymore, I guess I can say that I'm surprised that Isaac handcuffing himself to a pipe and then using a hacksaw to cut his hand off (ow!) got cut (no pun intended). I guess whatever future plotlines are in store down the road require Isaac to have full use of both hands.

Wall Feces Sep 25, 2006 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMikey
I mean, you know, the show was only an hour long. And it wouldn't be fun if there was nothing at all for us to be left wondering about.

Yeah, good point... I dunno, I think they are trying to rush all these characters by cramming them into one episode. It's too much for one hour. They should have focused squarely on one with small glimpses of everyone else instead of throwing focus on all of them equally. In terms of character development, this episode was a mess.

cubed Sep 25, 2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulsteelgray
This is probably the only new show this season I really ended up hyping for myself and for others around me. That said, my second viewing of the pilot tonight still had the little nuances that I found slightly annoying when I watched the leaked screener. It still felt forced and a little rushed, but I still enjoyed it all the same.

Since it isn't canon anymore, I guess I can say that I'm surprised that Isaac handcuffing himself to a pipe and then using a hacksaw to cut his hand off (ow!) got cut (no pun intended). I guess whatever future plotlines are in store down the road require Isaac to have full use of both hands.

well thanks for sharing, as I haven't seen that leaked screener.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon Sep 25, 2006 10:54 PM

I made sure my ass was in the living room to watch this. Of all the new shows, this was really the only one I had an itch to see.

I liked how the pilot was very broken up between all the characters. Introductions are important and all, but the frenetic scene changes gave it a very anxious mood.

It does seem that all the characters are linked somehow. (Hiro's co-worker is the one paying for Ali's webcam striptease. That's pretty funny.) But this worries me, as it would allow the writers to become lazy and substitute contrivances for truly developed plot twists. ("Oh, your long-lost sister is also the villain's lab partner! WHAT A TWIST!")

A couple of the powers seem pretty interesting. Hiro has a ton of potential. But a couple also seem like blatant rip-offs. The fact that one girl can regenerate is rather similar to Wolverine and I'm sure she'll be borrowing from his playbook.

Spoiler:
We didn't get to see one of the other heroes, a police officer who can hear peoples' thoughts. I believe he begins in L.A., but probably goes to NYC for some reason.

Suresh doesn't seem to possess any extraordinary abilities, so I expect that he'll wind up acting as a mentor for the others, trying to explain their pasts and how they're heading for a larger destiny.

It was a nice intro, but it did feel a bit light. I'm not upset, since I expected this; you have to plant a seed before a tree will grow. I just hope that the plots don't immediately become hackneyed or mired down in infinite layers of espionage/counterintelligence/betrayal. The endless tedium of plot reversals destroyed Alias and X-Files, and could spell a quick death for Heroes if it goes down the same path.

But so far, it looks like a winner.

Rockgamer Sep 25, 2006 10:58 PM

Okay, first off, I have to say that this show was pretty great. Right off the bat, they started us off with an interesting premise (the whole people having powers things), and they've managed to create what looks to be a complex plot around it. Most of the characters seem to be interesting, though I can't say all their stories are.

My main problems about the characters stories is that they seem...cliche, I guess. It's not that big a problem though, since they're made pretty different once you factor in the powers. They had to establish some kind of backstory in the first episode though, so future episodes will probably be better in this respect.

as for the powers themselves, most of them are pretty cool. My favorite would have to be Claire's, because that would be a pretty damn handy ability to have, and the way they pull it off just looks cool (and plus, Hayden Panettiere is freaking hot). After that, I'd go with Hiro, because I suspect epic things will come from hs powers.

But yeah, I suspect good things will come from this show, especially once it gets into the height of things. The plot is definitely interesting, so I'm gonna keep watching.

Admiral Amara Sep 25, 2006 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash Landon
I liked how the pilot was very broken up between all the characters. Introductions are important and all, but the frenetic scene changes gave it a very anxious mood.

Yes. I liked that very much - it also gave the show the feel of a comic book/graphic novel, which make their living off of great imagery and visuals combined with sudden twists and scenes ending abruptly right as something's about to happen. It needs to grab you and make you want to turn the page. It was very obvious what they were doing, but I think it worked.

Quote:

A couple of the powers seem pretty interesting. Hiro has a ton of potential. But a couple also seem like blatant rip-offs. The fact that one girl can regenerate is rather similar to Wolverine and I'm sure she'll be borrowing from his playbook.
Hiro's power just looks plainly awesome. That's what I'd want to have, personally! Cheerleader girl - she doesn't have claws, but the rest of her is very similar to Wolverine. Mostly because her cells are regenerating rapidly - how can you really do that much differently between two iterations of the same power? Still, she might have a character that plays out far different than Wolverine - particularly because she seems to have a death wish (or was that her just testing her powers?). She doesn't seem to be the same, gruff type, nor have the same Leadership quality. I predict that the Flying Brothers are gonna be the de facto leaders, because they're both very good with people in different ways.

Quote:

Suresh doesn't seem to possess any extraordinary abilities, so I expect that he'll wind up acting as a mentor for the others, trying to explain their pasts and how they're heading for a larger destiny.
He's a Geneticist. He'll likely be the one who explains everything for both the characters and the audience.

Quote:

It does seem that all the characters are linked somehow. (Hiro's co-worker is the one paying for Ali's webcam striptease. That's pretty funny.) But this worries me, as it would allow the writers to become lazy and substitute contrivances for truly developed plot twists. ("Oh, your long-lost sister is also the villain's lab partner! WHAT A TWIST!")

It was a nice intro, but it did feel a bit light. I'm not upset, since I expected this; you have to plant a seed before a tree will grow. I just hope that the plots don't immediately become hackneyed or mired down in infinite layers of espionage/counterintelligence/betrayal. The endless tedium of plot reversals destroyed Alias and X-Files, and could spell a quick death for Heroes if it goes down the same path.
It was somewhat light, but there were certainly big seeds of darkness there - such as
Spoiler:
The creepy glasses guy playing "dad" to the indestructible girl; the painter that OD'd - not just for his drug-addicted character but particularly for that frightening painting of New York that I sure hope doesn't come true. It looked very comic book-y, which might just be a nod to the comic book style of the show, but who knows.

But I can see your points. If they keep it paced similarly to how it is now, with some acceleration now that we're out of the first half of the Pilot, I'd be very happy. I really hope they try to keep it just the right balance of straightforward and tricky - the little twists that tied the characters together were clever, but I hope that kind of thing doesn't extend too far into the later episodes.

Quote:

But so far, it looks like a winner.
Yes it does, and I'll certainly be back next week to watch more. This looks fresh (relative to NBC programming of late), interesting, and entertaining. It watches very similarly to the way a good, serialized comic book reads - interesting visuals, scenes play out much in the same fashion as they would in paper form, particularly the Japan/New York transition near the end. "YATTA!" indeed.

Shonos Sep 26, 2006 12:12 AM

I just saw this and the ending was interesting. Though I can pretty much assume what will happen next.

Spoiler:
Okay, so the kid jumps and his brother is the one that ends up flying. But the kid can't die this early. So obviously he's going to live. He also commented on hovering when waking. So I expect him to end up either hovering off the ground or launching into the air too. He'll escape death and both brothers will be able to fly somehow.

Since he kept saying they were so close it wouldn't be that far of a stretch, right? But hey, I could be wrong and they could kill him in the second episode. Or his brother comes to the rescue. ;|

Jochie Sep 26, 2006 12:42 AM

I liked it, and I dislike most things, for whatever that's worth.
Spoiler:
I think both brothers can fly because this show is going to use sci-fi type genetics theory to explain everything. Also because they're brothers, one will turn into a villain.

How do the spoiler rules work? We can't talk about a show that's already aired?

This show excites me the way the first several episodes of LOST did. What it did right: They demonstrated that there was a specific sci-fi type plot, and are using the "six degrees of separation" stuff to advance it. There was no rampant abuse of the cliffhanger, and I only cringed at the acting/writing once during the whole episode. I'm sold.

Admiral Amara Sep 26, 2006 01:05 AM

Yeah, Jochie made a good point - the writing flowed really well throughout the episode. There was a solid, conversational style that's hard to capture in a script, that was different for each set of characters - Hiro and his friends had some really great dialogue. It was pretty obvious that the cheerleader's mom would interpret what she said that way, but it didn't detract that much from the scene. It made it obvious that the mother is somewhat oblivious - exemplified when:
Spoiler:
The TV is on in the kitchen, with the news story about the train wreck being played. Don't think that wasn't EXACLTY intentional - she was supposed to not notice that. The sound was low/off anyway, though.

Still, most of the episode was very well-written. Characters had their own voices, and the dialogue was hardly ever forced, something that writers on NBC shows have been struggling with, in my opinion. Props to the writing department for that.