Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Media Centre (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [Anime] I need a weird animu to watch. (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38598)

Sarag Aug 29, 2009 09:52 PM

I need a weird animu to watch.

Weird, surreal, dreamlike, unexpected.

Something interesting anyway.

Gimme the best you got, weeaboos.

agreatguy6 Aug 29, 2009 10:01 PM

Ergo Proxy?

Max POWER Aug 29, 2009 10:13 PM

If you haven't already watched it, I guess you can give Serial Experiments Lain a try. However, it's not really a thinker so much as a "here's some stuff now draw your own conclusions" type of show, though there is a solid plot to be found.

Bradylama Aug 29, 2009 10:15 PM

a lurker you know I'm the dog's balls when it comes to everything, so trust me on this, if you want weird anime that is also good watch Kemonozume and Kaiba.

Additional Spam:
Don't pay attention to any posts after this one until you've watched those shows, they fit every criteria you're looking for.

packrat Aug 29, 2009 10:17 PM

- Serial Experiments Lain
- Texhnolyze
- Paranoia Agent
- The Diary of Tortov Roddle
- Dead Leaves
- Perfect Blue
- Cat Soup (Nekojiru-So)

If you're looking for something that isn't as daunting as a whole series, the last three on that list are movies, and Cat Soup is particularly surreal and dreamlike.

There is a small compilation of shorts by Studio 4°C called Sweat Punch that has some rather surreal shit. There is also a film by the same production group called Mind Game that is supposedly what you're looking for, but since I haven't seen it yet, I won't say for certain.

There is also the movies Glassy Ocean and Ursa Minor Blue, both of which are kind of surreal and dreamlike, but the art looks like something out of Tin-Tin. Still, I recommend them.

And finally there is Trava - Fist Planet, which is just really weird.

About half of these are really hard to come by, I'm sure, since surreal and weird by definition has limited appeal.

That said, I have all I've mentioned in this post, and if you can't find something I can hook a nigga up.

Additional Spam:
Fuck you Brady

The unmovable stubborn Aug 29, 2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a lurker (Post 722651)

Cat Soup.

Or whatever weird hentai Brady's trying to foist on you, either way

edit: oshi beaten

Taco Aug 29, 2009 10:40 PM

Mind Game. It's a pretty surreal movie, and a pretty awesome one to boot.

Edit: Also seconding Kaiba, even though that was a little too surreal/bizarre for my tastes. Liked the style though.

Bradylama Aug 29, 2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bath House Pang House (Post 722662)
Or whatever weird hentai Brady's trying to foist on you, either way

YouTube Video

Additional Spam:
This thread went on this long without somebody mentioning Paprika, what the fuck is wrong with you people?

Sarag Aug 30, 2009 12:34 AM

Cat Soup is so awesome. Poor soulless brother (or sister, it's been too long)

map car man words telling me to do things Aug 30, 2009 05:26 AM

Catnapped! :3

http://www.ex.org/4.7/images/cover_catnapped.gif

Also Haibane Renmei and FLCL, I guess. And Mind Game if you haven't watched that yet.

EDIT:

Also Sakigake! Cromartie High School

YouTube Video

http://www.homemademech.com/Uploads/...1111356844.jpg

FUREDII

Bigblah Aug 30, 2009 05:30 AM

Paprika is nowhere near as good as Millennium Actress, though.

Dobby Sep 4, 2009 03:32 PM

That was the first time I heard of Cromartie. I saw the vid at work and I burst into laughter. I then proceeded to showing it to my co-worker who burst into laughter as well.

Time to check this out. you have my regards haha

Kimchi Sep 8, 2009 04:30 PM

Tottemo! Luckyman if you can get your hands on it.

Sarag Oct 13, 2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradylama (Post 722657)
a lurker you know I'm the dog's balls when it comes to everything, so trust me on this, if you want weird anime that is also good watch Kemonozume and Kaiba.

Just finished Kemonozume. That shit had style. I love how the intro you posted isn't even the weirdest one. Big props for the suggestion.

I'll download Kaiba next.

InvestmentBankr Jan 15, 2010 11:21 AM

a long time ago i remember watching a movie called perfect blue. i think it might be right up your alley that one. i was certainly confused!

slessman May 11, 2010 11:04 PM

Well, you could always try FLCL. Fooly Cooly is a pretty weird one. The manga is a lot weirder though. I really got a kick out of that. Plus, it is lighthearted which makes it more fun for me.

Sarag Nov 20, 2010 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_lurker (Post 722651)

Something interesting anyway.

Gimme the best you got, weeaboos.

GIMME GIMME

FatsDomino Nov 20, 2010 02:21 AM

You want weird? Jump into the middle of our shit festival later today. NO CONTEXT. JUST WEIRD SHIT EVERYWHERE. You'll be wishing the air were made of knives.

Tails Nov 20, 2010 06:03 AM

I almost want to say go watch Pandora Hearts, even if it does have it's fair share of silly anime tropes here and there. You'd probably get a kick out of the bizarre Alice-in-Wonderland themes though.

Who am I kidding. Just go watch Magical Witch Punie-chan.

YouTube Video