Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Board Support (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ChocoJournal Bugs/Features (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2181)

bobo Mar 17, 2006 07:06 PM

ChocoJournal Bugs/Features

Post any bugs you find or feature ideas here.

KNOWN BUGS:
  • All graphic pie charts for Journal Statistics.
  • Error messages. (Will be added in soon).

peeack Mar 17, 2006 08:14 PM

Also a few things still missing, the 'who am I a buddy of' feature was kinda useful. Mostly for journals and what have you.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, I couldn't see a feature to change thet comment order from newest first oldest last to oldest first. I rather the other way personally, not sure about everyone else. Unless I just didn't see the option somewhere.

One last thing, the 'banned from journal' message is throwing up an error.
Quote:

Could not find phrase 'xjournalbanned'.

map car man words telling me to do things Mar 17, 2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peeack
One last thing, the 'banned from journal' message is throwing up an error.
Quote:

Could not find phrase 'xjournalbanned'.

It gives a similar error when trying to access a journal that's not been activated.

Quote:

Could not find phrase 'xnojournal'.

Sir VG Mar 17, 2006 08:32 PM

The time listings are not pulling the proper timing. They're all GMT+0.

It's not March 18th yet over here.

Turbo Mar 17, 2006 08:41 PM

I'd like to be able to show comments from earliest to latest instead of most recent being at the top.

Megalith Mar 17, 2006 08:45 PM

I like how you can't even upload a banner image.

My bad. It was because the filesize was the size of Earth.

Infernal Monkey Mar 17, 2006 09:53 PM

Everyone is Saka when you hover over the avatars in the comment section!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/Inferny/saka.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5.../sakaagain.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...everywhere.png

So many! SO MANY!

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE Mar 18, 2006 12:09 AM

I think it would be pretty cool if the "Recent Comments" links linked directly to that entries comments. It can sometimes get confusing, especially when the comments are on old entries, and this would just simplify it.

Little Shithead Mar 18, 2006 12:20 AM

You can't set a custom name for your comments.

Anything you type in is not treated as lower-case letters.

Jay Fox R.W.S. Mar 18, 2006 06:50 AM

My old chocojournal seems to be permanently disabled (old profile link). When I tick the ChocoJournal Active box and save, it remains disabled.

Eleo Mar 18, 2006 07:26 AM

The one feature I felt should always be there is a quote button under every comment. Sometimes you just want to reply specifically to another comment, :shrug:.

BlueMikey Mar 18, 2006 03:08 PM

It looks like the total journal views on the front page is misreporting:

Quote:

Total Journal Views: 1,320,608

Kilroy Mar 19, 2006 03:47 AM

A reply box in the buttom would be neat. Plus the ability to "switch" comment views. Old comments in the top, new in the buttom. I like that.

Scarletdeath Mar 19, 2006 10:08 PM

I suppose this should be mentioned here:

There is no link to a user's chocojournal through their username next to their posts. No links in their profiles as well. Can this be fixed?

Stealth Mar 19, 2006 10:22 PM

Inverted journal comments.

galen Mar 20, 2006 04:09 AM

On users with no avatar (or a blocked avatar) it displays a link to "Suchandsuch's profile" which is ugly and unnecessary.

Acro-nym Mar 21, 2006 06:44 PM

Earlier, I tried adding an image to the banner, but it resulted in a similar error message as to the one mentioned by Peeack.

Matt Mar 21, 2006 10:02 PM

On users with no Chocojournal, this error comes up:

Quote:

$membername does not have a journal or has disabled his/her journal. Stop trying.
Just wanted to point out that that variable is missing a parameter...orsomethin......

Scarletdeath Mar 22, 2006 05:33 AM

I'm requesting for a "Last 100 entries" in chronological order to be included in the journals system. This makes things easier when trying to keep track of the latest entries, only to find them gone 5 entries later.

Really, this would make my life alot more easier in there. So please?

Wait, 100 might be a little absurd, so maybe 50 latest entries?

Elixir Mar 22, 2006 10:08 AM

Quote:

# Error messages. (Will be added in soon).
I don't know about you but I just cracked up laughing.

Oh, and I can't delete comments from my journal. It keeps giving me a white page with a "A technical problem has been encountered, and an e-mail has been dispatched to the site administrator." messages. CAN WE FIX IT?

galen Mar 24, 2006 02:26 AM

I would like to have the option to ban logged out users from viewing the journals back.

Nevermind, I was incorrectly listing the numbers. (using commas)

Kolba Mar 25, 2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarletdeath
I'm requesting for a "Last 100 entries" in chronological order to be included in the journals system.

Yeah, this would be good. There's been loads of times where I've gone to the journals and spotted a few of the most recent ones that interested me, only to forget to open any one I go to in a new window, and then finding all the rest have been bumped off when I navigate back to the main journal index.

Though, as the man said, 100 might be going overboard.

Edit: Oh yes, I mentioned it in another thread, but it would be helpful to see how many comments each entry has on the 'most recent buddy entries' screen, to see at a glance if any conversations in those journals have advanced since you last checked.

Infernal Monkey Mar 26, 2006 02:28 AM

Any chance of a 'preview entry' option or something? Would anyone else even care about this? =o

Scarletdeath Mar 26, 2006 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infernal Monkey
Any chance of a 'preview entry' option or something? Would anyone else even care about this? =o

Maybe you could make it work like thread previews, just by hovering the mouse over the title.