Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Quiet Place (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Applying yourself (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38786)

Starf**kers Inc Sep 17, 2009 10:48 AM

Applying yourself

Ok so I feel like i'm stuck.
I never apply myself to anything, i always get bored and give up. I never make any real effort to anything.

Anyone ever get like that?

or better yet, does anyone have any soloutions?

self motivational tips perhaps?

anyone?

...please?

Sarag Sep 17, 2009 12:00 PM

Maybe if you started applying yourself and seeing projects through to the end, you will be more motivated to do it in the future.

dunno...

Radez Sep 17, 2009 12:29 PM

Motivation and mood are both seratonogically driven. Perhaps you are depressed, and have been for awhile. Perhaps you need to improve your self esteem by setting small goals and working to accomplish those. Lurker is right in that the more often you follow through on promises you make to yourself, the better you will feel, and more likely you will be to do so in the future.

Quick fixes include drinking caffeine, avoiding alcohol and exercise! Chronic masturbation might also lead to lower levels of seratonin, because orgasm dumps so much dopamine into the system, however, I am less sure about that, so don't put too much stock in that last one.

Sarag Sep 17, 2009 03:20 PM

Without knowing anything about starfuckers I bet he could do with cutting down on masturbation. It's a hunch I have.

The Plane Is A Tiger Sep 17, 2009 03:58 PM

There aren't any tips to give you aside from the general stuff Radez mentioned. Nothing about your lack of motivation is unusual, and you just have to figure out how to fix it for yourself. Since you already recognize that there's a problem you just have to force yourself to do something about it.

Starf**kers Inc Sep 17, 2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a lurker (Post 725516)
Without knowing anything about starfuckers I bet he could do with cutting down on masturbation. It's a hunch I have.

Sometimes i dont think i'll ever stop :'(

VitaminZinc Sep 17, 2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

The world would be a much more productive place if we all did.

Or, if we could do it WHILE working...

AlphaDeus Oct 5, 2009 09:54 PM

I know this feeling all too well.

See, I know for a fact I have ADD. I've had it since I was a kid, and I've never really gotten anything accomplished up until this point. I'm starting to come to grips with it, and I have a psychiatrist appointment in a few weeks to see what my treatment options are.

I think the way I handle things now suck, but it could work for someone else. I basically chip away at some task, walk away for a bit to do something else, and come back to it fresh later on.

I also have a drink once in a whle, it calms me down and even though I still can't focus, I tend to spend more time on a single project.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE Oct 5, 2009 10:02 PM

Your treatment options are:
- Speed
- Self-motivation

Have fun deciding!

Zergrinch Oct 5, 2009 10:42 PM

Chop up whatever you plan to apply yourself to into bite-sized increments, so you can reach and celebrate tiny milestones at a time.

To motivate yourself, penalize yourself for missing a milestone. Say, that game you were going to buy. Toss the money in a box instead.

**Hidden Content**

Furby Oct 7, 2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

masturbation is my #1 motivator... If he cuts down on that, he'll never get out of bed.

Bernard Black Oct 7, 2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 728474)
Your treatment options are:
- Speed
- Self-motivation

Have fun deciding!

Haha, speed? Sure it gets things done but usually things with 100 degrees of separation from what you set out to do. I've got the plastic octopuses to prove it.

Krelian Oct 7, 2009 09:15 PM

I usually find I'm far more enthusiastic about shit when I'm utterly ripped. I blame having attained an A* on GCSE English lit/lang entirely on a bowl beforehand.

If substances don't count then I try envisioning the end result of whatever it is I have to do in the most positive light possible. It actually serves as a fairly strong motivator.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Oct 7, 2009 09:26 PM

The trick to getting motivated is to do stuff that actually interests you. Once you've achieved a few things and seen them through to the end, no matter how small, your sense of self-wprth will increase a bit and you'll be able to handle a bigger task next time.

Or do what I did and get a job you can do with your eyes closed and slack off a lot, whatever works for you really.

Zergrinch Oct 7, 2009 09:32 PM

Boy, you'd better hope your boss never browses GFF, Shin.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Oct 7, 2009 09:40 PM

The joys of being a mod means I can run regular IP checks to make sure he doesn't. :)

Rosetta Stoner Dec 31, 2009 07:18 AM

How about real-life sex. Great motivator. Improve yourself so you can pull hot bitches. Unless of course, you are, on an innate level, afraid of women. In that case, I'd suggest embarking upon a near death experience to get the balls dropping.

Hydra Jan 31, 2010 08:19 PM

My new manfriend has a problem with even starting projects. His rationale for one of the things, as explained to me yesterday, is "But I'm already 25. If I go to college now I'll already be behind right when I start." I have the feeling he's had more or less this attitude his whole life.

Dunno how to kick his ass into gear either. I'm afraid that if I go overboard trying to motivate him then it'll come across as bossy and then he'll just avoid me.

Sarag Jan 31, 2010 08:56 PM

Chat wants to know what a manfriend is.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon Jan 31, 2010 09:04 PM

Someone he/she is not fucking, but still leads around like a little puppy with the implied promise of someday ... someday.

No. Hard Pass. Jan 31, 2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash Landon (Post 743058)
Someone he/she is not fucking, but still leads around like a little puppy with the implied promise of someday ... someday.

So every woman in your life ever as far as your concerned?

Sarag Jan 31, 2010 09:12 PM

The difference between a Nice Guy and a rapist is one of ambition.

No. Hard Pass. Jan 31, 2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a lurker (Post 743064)
The difference between a Nice Guy and a rapist is one of ambition.

I call bullshit.

There's also opportunity.

Sarag Jan 31, 2010 09:16 PM

That's true, the Nice Guy doesn't have to prowl empty streets looking for girls to put on pedestals.