Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Board Support (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   (Default) Feature: Quick Edit (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3090)

Bigblah Mar 29, 2006 08:16 AM

(Default) Feature: Quick Edit

The AJAX-powered Quick Edit feature has been enabled. Editing your post now takes place in the thread itself.

This feature will remain enabled until all the following people protest against it:

bobo
Miles
Miles
Sassafrass
Tails
Miles
Megalith
Stealth
Miles

Wow, this works on other people's posts too!

The above comment was made by ^__^, but I decided to try it out.

Minion can't spell. =p

Gechmir Mar 29, 2006 09:43 AM

Holy crap. I just edited a thread and this startled the hell out of me. Very snazzy... ;D Rather odd that it doesn't physically update the page in the process.

nazpyro Mar 29, 2006 09:58 AM

Can the reason for edit field be embedded there too? Or do we just have to go Advanced to fill that in.

edit: edit test! pass!
edit2: *boom* headshot.
edit3: bears are huge.
edit4: pirates are ridiculous.

I poked it and it made a sad sound Mar 29, 2006 11:25 AM

I just fucking noticed this.

I am a HUGE editor. I am ALWAYS going back and editting. I absolutely LOVE this feature. LOVE IT.

Thanks so much, Blah. This makes life a lot easier, quicker, and generally more nice-looking. <3

Kaleb.G Mar 29, 2006 02:20 PM

This is awesome, Blah. Good thing you turned it on. ;)

P.S. This makes deleting posts easier too. :tpg:

Megalith Mar 29, 2006 05:20 PM

Only moderators should be allowed to edit posts.

What, does the thread self-destruct when you start to make your post. I've been told that some people even proofread before hitting any buttons.

The only people who edit their posts are self-conscious freaks.

Rock Mar 29, 2006 05:28 PM

I never knew this was realized with Ajax. I always thought it involved brimstone and voodoo magicks.

Seriously, is there anything that can't be done in Ajax?

I'm requesting a spreadsheet software to be realized within GFF, so I can keep track of my pointless posts.

*adds one*

Kaiten Mar 29, 2006 05:38 PM

It's a nice feature actually, it helps me edit and view other's posts at the same time. I was surprised when it popped up, but pleasantly surprised. I don't always take change well, so I'll have to give this some mileage before I make my final decision. I'd like to se some more features put in the toolbar for quickediting, I'm too damn lazy to manually type in vBCode.

Snowknight Mar 29, 2006 06:00 PM

This is awesome, considering how often I edit my posts; now it can be completed in an even shorter amount of time.
AJAX is <3

Kensaki Mar 29, 2006 11:17 PM

Great feature saves some time on the small spell/grammar fixes ect that you have to do at times.

Stealth Mar 29, 2006 11:22 PM

To be fair, I requested this feature to be FIXED. :p

Darkcomet72 Mar 29, 2006 11:24 PM

Wait... so it doesn't show when it was last edited?

So how can we laugh at others?

Bigblah Mar 30, 2006 06:43 AM

The "last edited" message still shows up as normal, after the 2-minute grace period is up.

map car man words telling me to do things Mar 30, 2006 07:00 AM

For a while there I thought this was the fancy double-click-on-post-and-you-can-edit-it-directly thing and tried in vain to apply it for a while :(

Neat feature anyway, sure to help me out quite a bit as I'm always going back to edit something after posting.

FatsDomino Mar 30, 2006 08:43 AM

This feature is amazing! Awesome work Blah! =D

Soluzar Mar 30, 2006 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megalith
Only moderators should be allowed to edit posts.

Ya know, it's not like people will be editing your posts. I mean, you do realise that we can only edit our own posts, and as such, what we do with our own posts is our own damn business, unless it breaks rules.

Quote:

What, does the thread self-destruct when you start to make your post. I've been told that some people even proofread before hitting any buttons.
OMFG!!!! Proofreading? What a crappy idea! Damn, I'm sorry that the staff allow those fucktards to stay on the forum!!!

Quote:

The only people who edit their posts are self-conscious freaks.
OK, so I bet you just insulted half the forums right there. Well done. That's one hell of an impressively broad target for a flame.

Bigblah Mar 30, 2006 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcerBandit
This feature is amazing! Awesome work Blah! =D

I said it was a default feature ;_;

Rock Mar 30, 2006 09:22 AM

Yeah, for some reason, GFF was never up to date with the recent vBulletin features that were default in other boards. It's good to see we finally get to use the good stuff, as well.

FatsDomino Mar 30, 2006 09:40 AM

I can't read, Blah. ;__;

Doesn't matter. I give you credit for enabling such an awesome thing.

Eleo Mar 30, 2006 11:54 AM

Lol, AJAX. What do you get when you try to sell XHTML and Java as a new technology that breaks accessibility.

This quick edit feature is very useful though

Soluzar Mar 30, 2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock
Yeah, for some reason, GFF was never up to date with the recent vBulletin features that were default in other boards. It's good to see we finally get to use the good stuff, as well.

When you have a lot of custom code, and customised templates, it can be a royal pain in the ass to upgrade to a newer version. You really need downtime to work the bugs out of it, or at least, a second box to act as a test-bed. It's hell.

Grawl Mar 30, 2006 04:51 PM

Care for me to test it?

edit: =o nice.

Little Shithead Mar 30, 2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigblah
I said it was a default feature ;_;

Well, you know, those radio buttons don't just push themselves!

Bigblah Mar 30, 2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleo
Lol, AJAX. What do you get when you try to sell XHTML and Java as a new technology that breaks accessibility.

I'd take AJAX over Flash any day :edgarrock:

Rydia Mar 30, 2006 09:41 PM

Thanks for making editing easier.

I agree with Kaleb. Deleting posts has become more convenient.